The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
review.gif
The Humble Indie Bundle
Pay what you want to charity

This offer is so good, it cannot be refused: Five Indie developers have teamed up to offer you their classic games. Get World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD and Penumbra Overture and pay what you want! (Instead of the 80$ they are usually worth.) Even better, you get to decide how much of your money goes to the developers and how much of it goes to the awesome charities Child's Play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation!

All five games work on Windows, Linux and Mac OS and are free of DRM so you really do not have any excuse. You can even buy gift copies for your friends and family members. Spread the news to make this a success because isn't this how you've always wanted to buy your games?

icon11.gif
Get the Humble Indie Bundle here!
discuss.png
Discuss

Contributed by OrR

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for posting this. I already own penumbra and world of goo. But worth donating for the other games and half the money goes to charity. For those wondering they email you a download link where you can download the games when ever you want for any platform all DRM free!

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and made the purchase, gotta say some good games, and half of the monies went to charity!

Seriously though if some of the console makers, and really any of the content industries would do this, (maybe not so open as far as price goes) piracy would not be an issue.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome deal. Just donated 15 dollars and I'm about to start downloading now.

If anyone want's these games, but doesn't have a Paypal/Google Checking/Amazon account, I'd be more than happy to donate on your behalf and forward you the download links given. Just PM me or ask here.

Either way, these are awesome games, and it's an awesome cause.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
I payed $0.15 because I am 16 and that is all there is in my bank account.
I feel bad. I'm sorry indie developers, I love you, but I am poor and want to support you any way I can.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
I feel bad. I'm sorry indie developers, I love you, but I am poor and want to support you any way I can.

Due to paypal fees and bandwidth you do realize by doing that you actually cost them money? It would have done less harm to actually torrent the games instead.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
GWEndlessDuel said:
Gnargle said:

Due to paypal fees and bandwidth you do realize by doing that you actually cost them money? It would have done less harm to actually torrent the games instead.
Oh, sh you.
It says Pay what you want.
Anyway, some guy donated $500, so...

frown.gif
Amazon, PayPal and Google Checkout want to be mean and not accept solo cards.
I'll just look for a free download somewhere.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can read what it says just fine but if you're going to pay that little out of the fact you at least "want to support them anyway you can" then you might as well not bother...because as I said, it's not doing any favors. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm just letting him know so the next time the situation arises he'll know just to grab a torrent instead.

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Pay what you want my ass... Paypal blocked my account for suspicious transaction when i wanted to test it with 0.50$ ==' . Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a cheapskate.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
GWEndlessDuel said:
I can read what it says just fine but if you're going to pay that little out of the fact you at least "want to support them anyway you can" then you might as well not bother...because as I said, it's not doing any favors. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm just letting him know so the next time the situation arises he'll know just to grab a torrent instead.
I guess you haven't heard of a saying "It's the thought that counts"
Maybe he didn't want to get a torrent and download it illegally?

This is all for charity anyway (or the developers if you choose that option). Every little bit helps.

Oh and, the developers of World of Goo had this offer a while back, doesn't look people donating less than $1 bankrupt them

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
This is all for charity anyway (or the developers if you choose that option). Every little bit helps.

Except when you give something like 0.15 it doesn't, it actually hurts...which is exactly the point and the thought doesn't account for anything. Also I think this is about the last website to be concerned about if someone actually wants something legally. That said, I'm done saying my peace and I'll just agree to disagree as it's rather bothersome to keep going back and forth about it.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rashef said:
Pay what you want my ass... Paypal blocked my account for suspicious transaction when i wanted to test it with 0.50$ ==' . Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a cheapskate.

They did the same thing to me when I tried to send $5 to a friend. Then they sent an email claiming it was a random security review of my account. They made me jump through annoying hoops just to prove it was me lol.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
GWEndlessDuel said:
I guess you haven't heard of a saying "It's the thought that counts"
Maybe he didn't want to get a torrent and download it illegally?

Oh and, the developers of World of Goo had this offer a while back, doesn't look people donating less than $1 bankrupt them

The point is, yes donating is brilliant, well done, but with processing fees they actually end up making a net loss. You'd be better off downloading a torrent and sending then 15 cents in the post! The intentions were honourable, don't think anyone is lambasting the original poster, just pointing out how large scale economics work.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KevInChester said:
The point is, yes donating is brilliant, well done, but with processing fees they actually end up making a net loss. You'd be better off downloading a torrent and sending then 15 cents in the post! The intentions were honourable, don't think anyone is lambasting the original poster, just pointing out how large scale economics work.
I do see your point. However some people are not comfortable pirating things and would rather get a legit copy. And this kind of deal allows them to be legit customers even if the companies themselves have to pay the paypal fees. Then there's also the fact that if the companies wanted to have a guaranteed earnings for every sold copy they would've set a minimal price that you'd have to pay that are above the paypal fees.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed. Regardless this raises awareness of not only the charities concerned, but also of the games. It's win/win anyways.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
Awesome deal. Just donated 15 dollars and I'm about to start downloading now.

If anyone want's these games, but doesn't have a Paypal/Google Checking/Amazon account, I'd be more than happy to donate on your behalf and forward you the download links given. Just PM me or ask here.

Either way, these are awesome games, and it's an awesome cause.

Oooohhh. Can I please have one? I'm not allowed to buy stuff online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1