• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,443
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
20110522-cover.jpg
"The History of Nintendo" book series might as well be the Nintendo Bible Collection. They're to MUST-own books for Nintendo fans, and I strongly recommend you buy them.

So far, three books has been released in French and two in English (Although I think that's about to change, since Pix'n'Love's twitter said something about a special surprise.). Florent Gorges says he plans to make 6-8 volumes (Early Nintendo, Game and Watch, Famicom/NES, Gameboy series, etc.) out of Nintendo's fabulous history. For now, let's focus on the English editions of both Volume 1 and 2.

Bad news first: The translation is decent at the best. There are some errors here and there, but nothing that will ultimately make you regret buying these books in English. If you're super picky, buy it in French.

The History of Nintendo Volume 1 1889 – 1980 From playing-cards to Game & Watch, and The History of Nintendo Volume 2 1980 – 1991 The Game & Watch games, an amazing invention, both start out with a 50-page intro about the general history of that era. That section alone is enough to make you satisfied with your $30/20 British pounds.

After the intro, Volume 1 goes in depth with the products Nintendo produced during this era. It’s broken down into multiple chapters including Playing Cards, Games & Toys, Board Games, Electronic Toys, Other Products, Nintendo and the Arcade Games and The First Games Consoles. Volume 2 includes information on all 59 Game & Watch games.

The chapters in each book, after the previously mentioned initial history chapter, are chock-full of pictures. There are so many that, in addition to being a great resource and a good read, these books would easily be right at home on a coffee table.

To go along with the pictures are full text descriptions and even more history of the items shown on each page. The books have release date information, variants are mentioned and much more. Volume 1 is 240 pages long, while Volume 2 is 200 pages.

If you're trying to go the cheap route and find all of this on the internet, don't. There's simply no way you can capture even 80% of the data these books contain. Die-hards will love these books.

I've recently contacted Florent Gorge by email (Yes, even he replies to 12-year olds begging to get questions answered) and am sad to report that sales aren't doing to well in the English versions. Even the original French versions of the books sold more. He said that if the books don't sell, they won't translate the books anymore, even though Volume 3 is already translated (He also said that out of the three, he says Volume 3 is the best).

As I've said before, all Nintendo fans should at the very least consider buying these books. Notonly will reading them increase your Nintendo knowledge, but the purchases can hopefully increase the chances of other volumes finding their way to the English market. It would be quite a shame if they didn’t get released due to lack of interest, especially since the first two are incredibly good.

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/ (currently down) http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't seem to be anything here that someone couldn't already find online. Having the release dates and pictures all together is nice, sure, but I can't imagine there's much of a crowd willing to pay $30 for that alone.

So yeah, that might explain the difficulty he's having with the sales.

D

Deleted User

OP
There doesn't seem to be anything here that someone couldn't already find online. Having the release dates and pictures all together is nice, sure, but I can't imagine there's much of a crowd willing to pay $30 for that alone.

But that completely wrong! It's full of information that would take a long time to find on the internet! Sure, about two-thirds of it you can find easily online but anything else is from this book exclusively. This especially applies when the books first went out in France (2007/2008/2011)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But that completely wrong! It's full of information that would take a long time to find on the internet! Sure, about two-thirds of it you can find easily online but anything else is from this book exclusively. This especially applies when the books first went out in France (2007/2008/2011)

What kind of exclusive information are we talking about here? Is it honestly enough to be of interest to anyone but the most devoted of Nintendo buffs?

D

Deleted User

OP

What kind of exclusive information are we talking about here? Is it honestly enough to be of interest to anyone but the most devoted of Nintendo buffs?

It's more so of "Did you know" in Volume 2, I must admit. However, there a lot of products in Volume 1 that I've looked up and aren't there/don't have all of the details. In my opinion, all hardcore fans of Nintendo should buy it. By hardcore, I mean that you continuously look up info on Nintendo, and go to forums like these and chat about Nintendo all of the time. All in all, it's just a pretty good read. On the Internet, it's just "Nintendo made Hanafunda cards then moved on to Game and Watch". These books take that sentence or even Wikipedia pages and turns it into 480 pages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1