the guy from youtube

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by lukepokemon9000, Aug 27, 2018.

1. lukepokemon9000
    OP

lukepokemon9000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    i changed the path to my _nds/Roms and it was downloading missing box arts (2 box arts not sure if it matters) and then it crashed and now whenever i re-open it it immediately crashes do i have like a bad game or somthing?

EDIT right before it crashes it says downloading KBSE on the bottom screen and somtimes it doesnt even get to that screen it just immediately crashes

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Please provide some more context here. What homebrew are you trying to use?

Itzumi likes this.
  3. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 27, 2018, Reason: Not eof.
    Aug 27, 2018
  4. lukepokemon9000
    OP

lukepokemon9000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    TWLoader from this youtube video btw nice profile pic i love team instinct

5. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Delete the twloader folder your saves are in the rom folder so they wont be affected.

6. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    why not use dsimenu++ instead?

7. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    You should switch over to DSiMenu++, TWLoader is very old and was discontinued a while ago. Just make sure to enable game patching in the Luma options menu.
    edit: ninja'd, but at least you have a link now

zacchi4k and Itzumi like this.
  8. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 27, 2018
  9. kikongokiller
    This message by kikongokiller has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 28, 2018
  10. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 28, 2018
  11. SCOTT0852
    This message by SCOTT0852 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 28, 2018
  12. Zeldaplayer67
    Aug 28, 2018
  13. Nitro-Gale
    This message by Nitro-Gale has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 28, 2018
  14. SCOTT0852
    This message by SCOTT0852 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 28, 2018
  15. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Enough.
    Aug 28, 2018
  16. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Thank you, my avatar is actually my fursona wearing the same outfit as my character in Pokemon Go.
    So on topic, so you really shouldn't be using TWLoader, like everyone says. It's been discounted and no longer works with the latest nds-bootloader, meaning it doesn't have the latest compatibility. Please uninstall all applications related to TWLoader (it's recommended you uninstall them FBI) and install all the files related to DSiMenu++
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3ds-dsimenu-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/
    It doesn't have a cover downloader, but they do provide a 7z file with most of the covers.
    It's worth noting that due to how quickly youtube videos become outdated, it's one of the main reasons why we as a community highly recommend not relying on them without doing research.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Aug 28, 2018
    Itzumi likes this.
  17. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 28, 2018.
    Aug 28, 2018
  18. Itzumi

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    (the heck happened here)
    video guides are nothing compared to text guides, as text ones are a lot easier to update than video ones are.
    on the topic of dsimenu++, its like the new twloader, just under a new name. youll get compatibility with the latest nds-bootstrap using it, and future compatibility.

19. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    Video guides are just for noobs to homebrewing or people who find it hard to understand either one works just make sure the video is up to date.

20. Itzumi

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    video guides get outdated faster than you would be led to believe.

EDIT: I used to have no clue about any of this type of stuff until I started to participate in the discussions here. I had no problem following text based guides. Imo I prefer text as I can follow at my own pace and stuff.

Last edited by Itzumi, Aug 28, 2018
    NFates likes this.
  21. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018.
    Aug 28, 2018
  22. Itzumi
    This message by Itzumi has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 28, 2018
  23. Zeldaplayer67
    This message by Zeldaplayer67 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Aug 28, 2018.
    Aug 28, 2018
  24. ArtemisM

ArtemisM Kupo for Kupo Nuts

Apr 14, 2010
    United States
    This has been an interesting thread full of bickering and fursonas. Stay charming, GBAtemp :huh:

Anyways, dsimenu++ is the way to go. That tutorial's software has been depreciated . Be sure to follow the main dsimenu++ thread for future updates.

Itzumi likes this.
  25. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    This thread has more deleted comments than real comments.

As recommended, use DSiMenu++. Future compatibility, more game compatibility, nicer UI.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  26. lukepokemon9000
    OP

lukepokemon9000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    ok well thanks for recommending dsimenu++ i tried it with homebrew browser and it didnt work so then i tried with...the internet i guess and it worked! so now that its working i guess ill close the thread. Thanks yall! :)

actually i cant figure out how to close it so i guess it will stay open for more people to respond

Last edited by lukepokemon9000, Aug 29, 2018
    Itzumi likes this.
  27. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Only admins/mods can close threads, and it usually doesn't happen unless the thread degenerates

28. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    I would say the thread has degenerated enough. Also yes fbi downloads sometimes dont work as good as stuff downloaded on the net.

Last edited by Zeldaplayer67, Aug 29, 2018
  29. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Just have OP report first post and ask for it to be closed or deleted. Mods and admins are willing to work with requests.

ConKonner likes this.