Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some testing results for the RA stella2014 core. I have found this core can improve graphics with some minor changes in core options i did not know existed. I have been using the RA 1.7.7 which (i thought) was the best 2600 emulator available. RA stella2014 will replace 1.7.7 next update/pack release in the main folder.

I hate to say it, but i dont believe the wii2600 plugin belongs in the main folder any longer unless someone can give me a good reason why?

The RA 7800 ProSystem imo is also the best emulator for that console because the speed performance is superior to wii7800.

I have been testing C64 RA Vice cores with no luck for any to even get past black screen freeze after loading any core (same issue Genesis Plus GX has). If anyone has been able to get the Vice cores working, please post.

Lastly. After more testing with the RA FBA cores, i have also learned they are working correctly in the latest RA releases as well but require Classic Controller. My question is, do we want these cores to replace the older cores or should we add these to the alt pack?

Reactions: chrondelta

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Just some testing results for the RA stella2014 core. I have found this core can improve graphics with some minor changes in core options i did not know existed. I have been using the RA 1.7.7 which (i thought) was the best 2600 emulator available. RA stella2014 will replace 1.7.7 next update/pack release in the main folder.

I hate to say it, but i dont believe the wii2600 plugin belongs in the main folder any longer unless someone can give me a good reason why?

The RA 7800 ProSystem imo is also the best emulator for that console because the speed performance is superior to wii7800.

I have been testing C64 RA Vice cores with no luck for any to even get past black screen freeze after loading any core (same issue Genesis Plus GX has). If anyone has been able to get the Vice cores working, please post.

Lastly. After more testing with the RA FBA cores, i have also learned they are working correctly in the latest RA releases as well but require Classic Controller. My question is, do we want these cores to replace the older cores or should we add these to the alt pack?
Does the new 7800 emulator you're considering run Rikki & Vikki?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good question? I don't have that answer though since i don't own that game or have a demo rom to test.

I know ProSystem plays Arkanoid full speed where wii7800 struggles.

I should add, RA 2600 1.7.7 plays almost anything you throw at it, including almost all Homebrew and expansion carts.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I think RA cores should replace Hexaeco cores when the performance is the same, since they have HID.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V10 minor update. The update has been merged with the full plugin pack, or you can copy/paste update to the original V10 to save bandwidth.

If you are having trouble with Sega Mega CD games starting, you must delete your old config.ini located in the genplus folder on root of your storage device.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
V10 minor update. The update has been merged with the full plugin pack, or you can copy/paste update to the original V10 to save bandwidth.

If you are having trouble with Sega Mega CD games starting, you must delete your old config.ini located in the genplus folder on root of your storage device.
@RunningSnakes

About i've seen a Sega CD compatibility broken bug, eke-eke told me and @Sowden this:

Quote from eke-eke:

Try to delete your config.ini file (in sd:/genplus) and see if it solves the problem.

I added a new setting recently to enable/disable CD access time emulation and it's possible the config did not reset to default as it should when switching to last version and this setting is being loaded with an invalid value (it should be 0 or 1 but any other value could indeed break CD compatibility).
(See https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/438 for further info)

eke-eke still said that this still needs a permanent fix, and he's trying hard to fix it.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused by your instructions for updating, it says "Remove folder ..." and then you list a bunch of folders that are in the update? I'm confused what order you do things in and what's expectd, &c.

edit: And like, are there supposed to be 4 CPC emulators in the end if i merge all the alternatives? It's fine if there are, i'm just checking.

Last edited by chrondelta,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without looking at text, start from top and delete all folders and files from Main folder paths, and do the same for Alternative folder paths.

Yes the folders in the update will replace the folders/files instructed to delete. Overwriting some files would not fix changes or remove what is not needed.

Example would be Atari 2600 Stella2014 becoming the main 2600 plugin (magic number in platform.ini) opposed to Stella which is the secondary Now. The magic # has been switched between the 2 plugins to reflect the change, so further down the road if/when a new plugin arrives the confusion is limited.

With all the RA updated cores becoming relevant. Finding, creating, naming, configuring, or simply changing paths between fixes and updates can lead to mistakes.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
ALso, looks like a bunch of the new plugins require BIOS files. Gonna need to know which files go where for optimal performance. A centralized BIOS document would be really helpful. In particular, the new 5200 emulator had trouble playing a few ROMs for copyright reasons. the new ColecoVision emulator said it was missing BIOS files. Same for Intellivision. There's probably some others i'm not thinking of.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chrondelta

Ill look into the SG-1000 issue, i thought i found a gearsystem.dol core that was stable but its most likely the core and not the magic#.

BIOS document is an excellent idea and will be included in an update.

I can understand how the Update Read Me can be confusing after reading it in front of me. The easiest way to follow is to remove all files and folders from Main/Alternative folders above "CHANGES..."
The "COPY TO SD OR USB" lines are simply the paths that lead to those files.

After looking through the Update and V10 pack, im not seeing any folders that would be copies or duplicates, all these folders and files should be merged and then overwrite when prompted.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: cheloruiz79

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After test GearSystem SG-1000 it is freezing through WFL or HBC. I know it was working recently because the SG-1000 color palette was fixed but i have so many nightlies i am not going to hunt down which one since it is probably unstable.

GearSystem is working fine for Game Gear and Master System so those plugins will not be removed, only SG-1000 and be replaced in main folder.

On another note Snes9xGX, FCEUltraGX, VBAGX have all been updated so it gives me another reason to update along with Bios document and SG-1000 fix/replacement.

Reactions: Muliro

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removed V10 Plugins Pack & Update.
Uploaded V10.1 Plugins Pack.

I'll be working on a BIOS text file tonight or tomorrow that i'll make available for download soon. Please note: if any particular Plugin requires additional files or BIOS to run properly there is usually a readme or text in emulator root folder or plugins folder with instructions. All RA cores that require BIOS or additional files are Always placed in dev/retroarch/system folder. There is a RA Complete BIOS set archived that is not hard to find with a very simple search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye