Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully @fledge68 can fix this or maybe @Wiimpathy could tweek the emulator if the new devkit is causing the issue.
yes i changed the date back to may and it worked, back to june it doesn't. there's a weird time/date issue that must be present in the newer devkit and libogc. but not sure how or why that would effect wiituka. @blackb0x what do you know about this libogc time issue?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x what do you know about this libogc time issue?
I don't know if it'll be the exact same issue, but I fixed an issue caused by libogc last year.

The issue occurred on a Brazilian Wii (4.3U) and it'd cause the date and time to be wrong within USB Loader GX and games such as Animal Crossing, Super Mario Galaxy and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer.

Last edited by blackb0x,

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
heeey, is it just me, or is the SNES9x NEXT emulator not working? i have .zip files and it's just kicking me back to Wiiflow seemingly no matter what the game. I have a classic controller plugged in. not sure what the issue is, and i'm not seeing anything seemingly off about anything, CRC wise or plugin wise.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heeey, is it just me, or is the SNES9x NEXT emulator not working? i have .zip files and it's just kicking me back to Wiiflow seemingly no matter what the game. I have a classic controller plugged in. not sure what the issue is, and i'm not seeing anything seemingly off about anything, CRC wise or plugin wise.
Snes9x Next Hexaeco is actually one emulator i have already replaced with official RA for next release. So i don't have it on my SD to test but the replacement RA core is working fine for me. I'll be releasing V10 later tonight or early tomorrow morning which the emu core you are having issues with will no longer be included at all. Hold tight please.:)

NormalMisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@NormalMisha

GX standalone is the best emulator for Genesis/Mega Drive period. For Master System i use RetroArch SMSPlus for the reasons you mentioned and because i believe it is superior to all others. Some of the options provided by that core make it (clearly the best) in my eyes. You wont be disappointed if you set it up.
I tried SMSPlus in RA but the load\save state menu items did not exist, presumably because SMSPlus does not support save states.

Last edited by NormalMisha,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NormalMisha

Are you using SMSPlus from the plugins pack?
Looking back it is version RA 1.10.2 which i no longer have on my SD, but can assure you 1.10.3 save and load are fully functional.

As for being the best SMS plugin, RA GearSystem could be when it becomes more stable, or Original RA GenPlusGX could be when it becomes playable again in newer releases. SMSPlus in my testing is imo currently the best in terms of overall functionality and stability with newer RA releases providing independent configuration.

Having many emulator/core options to choose from provides us end users to use what is Best for our personal taste.

V10 Plugins Pack will be released later this evening, so i urge you to give SMSPlus another try and maybe your experience will be different.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It works fine for me, but my files are not .zip

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WFL Plugins Pack V10 is up.

This is a huge emulator/core update with a few new additions. I tried to test everything new included as much as my time can permit.

Again, i hope mistakes are minimal and if/when any are found, please post.

Thanks to everyone who continue to keep this thread alive and improving the pack.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill be taking some time off from this project to work on my own personal setup. Primarily completing TG16 CD art to my liking. I am missing so much artwork it is driving me crazy.

In other words, V10 will have to do for at least 6-8 months unless Tetsuo jumps back on board.

As i said, if there are mistakes in V10, I will certainly fix and update.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ill be taking some time off from this project to work on my own personal setup. Primarily completing TG16 CD art to my liking. I am missing so much artwork it is driving me crazy.

In other words, V10 will have to do for at least 6-8 months unless Tetsuo jumps back on board.

As i said, if there are mistakes in V10, I will certainly fix and update.
to start TG16 CD I used TurboDuo plugins and roms in .chd

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
to start TG16 CD I used TurboDuo plugins and roms in .chd
aaahhhh... TurboGrafx-16/CD and its awesome games

but let's not forget Sega Genesis/CD and Super NES... these three are so nice 16-bit consoles of the 90s :)

TurboDuo was the only TG16 console variant in America to play the Super CD-ROM2 format, along with the TG16 Super System Card :P

(EDIT: Sorry if it's offtopic but it brings me nice memories)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@RunningSnakes

Thanks for updating the WF Plugins Pack to V10, but I'm not very clear with what's changed.

What is the REAL name of the "Snes9x Next" core you included from RA Wii 1.10.3?
Looking on the official RA Wii 1.10.3 7z file there are only these Snes9x cores:

1654537685782.png

So, what of these cores did you take for rename it "Snes9x Next"? I'm confused.
(Also considering that Libretro dropped support for "Snes9x Next" core on Wii (and even maybe other platforms) time ago)

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Nevermind, i've found it.
Snes9x 2010 core was taken from RA Wii 1.10.3 and then renamed to "SNES9X NEXT" on the Pack.
I've seen this on the plugin .ini file.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...