Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
However, even this allows some things to slip through, like "NBA Courtside 2 featuring Kobe Bryant.z64", but that can be remedied by simply removing the space betwen "side" and 2 in the file name, so it's "NBA Courtside2 featuring Kobe Bryant.z64"
You could also name the continuation of a game with Roman numerals, as Dragon Quest does, for example. In your case "NBA Courtside II featuring Kobe Bryant.z64"

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't understand what could be wrong !! because as before I had the Plugin pack V8, when I moved the covers to the boxcover and in wiiflow I chose the plugin, e.g. pcdos, after refreshing, the covers of the games showed up, now on V9 is: Wiiflow - boxcover - DOS I moved the covers and after refreshing nothing shows, nothing is just empty boxes ? Unless you have to move it to: wiiflow - covers - DOS or, for example, PlayStation? because in Playstation the covers are not shown either, although the names are the same as the game
ew someone who has wiiflow and plugins configured and working could post an easy step-by-step instruction on what and how to and where to transfer to sd and usb
Ps. in wiiflow - PCDOS where you choose wii / gamecube and emulators show me some double names of the same games? What's wrong, I have a card with a modification then I copy wiiflow 5.5.3 - Shima's rhapsodii - I transfer files from Plugin Pack V9 to sd and usb :lol:
Well, it took me some time today to deal with the problem myself and it came out so that wiiflow could see the covers for dos games files from: DosboxWii .conf and .map Collection must be transferred to a usb drive, not sd !! it's a pity that nowhere was it stated that the files were to be on usb
As for the playstation, the covers are already ok

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
does anyone know how to make the WiiSXRX work? when I try to run a psx game in wiiflow it goes to the main wii menu when I start WiiSXRX with hbc it works normally and not with wiiflow !!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Paullo39

@RunningSnakes I would like to point out that for the two PS1 emulators the path to the dolfile uses PS1 where the directory is named PlayStation. Please remember it for the next fix for V9 pack.

Please make sure the path is correct in the ini files.....

/wiiflow/plugins/PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSX_RX.ini

dolfile=PS1/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol:nayps3:
dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol:rofl2:

I made this edit mistake in the latest pack release. Sorry about this, it will be corrected.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Paullo39

Please make sure the path is correct in the ini files.....

/wiiflow/plugins/PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSX_RX.ini

dolfile=PS1/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol:nayps3:
dolfile=PlayStation/WiiSX_RX/WiiSXRX.dol:rofl2:

I made this edit mistake in the latest pack release. Sorry about this, it will be corrected.
Thank you very much for your help and information

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it took me some time today to deal with the problem myself and it came out so that wiiflow could see the covers for dos games files from: DosboxWii .conf and .map Collection must be transferred to a usb drive, not sd !! it's a pity that nowhere was it stated that the files were to be on usb
As for the playstation, the covers are already ok
Dosbox conf&map files can be on sd if you want.
As stated in the installation instructions in the Dosbox collections thread (1st post):

Installation:
Extract and copy the files to the root of your Hard Disk.
If you want to use an SD card, change usb:/ to sd:/ in the mount path at the end of the conf files (eg mount c sd:/dosbox/games)
Put your original games data in the dosbox/games/subfolders.

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
You could also name the continuation of a game with Roman numerals, as Dragon Quest does, for example. In your case "NBA Courtside II featuring Kobe Bryant.z64"
this would get caught up in the regex i posted though, since there's a space between "side" and "I" and "I" is one of the characters it matches after "side".

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to make the WiiSXRX work? when I try to run a psx game in wiiflow it goes to the main wii menu when I start WiiSXRX with hbc it works normally and not with wiiflow !!
in the "dolfile" line of WiiSXRX.ini and WiiSXR.ini, change "PS1" to "PlayStation" and it will work.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dosbox conf&map files can be on sd if you want.
As stated in the installation instructions in the Dosbox collections thread (1st post):

Installation:
Extract and copy the files to the root of your Hard Disk.
If you want to use an SD card, change usb:/ to sd:/ in the mount path at the end of the conf files (eg mount c sd:/dosbox/games)
Put your original games data in the dosbox/games/subfolders.
Yes, I understand it worked and I fired correctly two parts of Prince of Persia, so I know, thank you

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@RunningSnakes You know I'm not a fan of renaming or lower case because they don't improve functionality and they bloat a git repo. Nevertheless, the question of understanding is permitted. Why are the INI files of the RetroArch cores sometimes called *libretro.ini and other times *libretro_wii.ini? What added value of information does the *wii* carry? As far as I have seen, omitting *wii* would not create any naming conflicts.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anyone know what is the cause of these ew errors where can I change something if it is to help?
1.When I run the game via wiiflow - Sega MegaCD plugin, I enter retroarch settings, change the region to NTSC and every time I want to return to the game, an error crashes
2. Every time I choose a game for Playstation I click the home button and browse plugins, I change to wiisx rx and every time after finishing the game it comes back and selects wiisx - r?

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_192318.jpg
    IMG_20220405_192318.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220405_192428.jpg
    IMG_20220405_192428.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: SaulFabre

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie

In most cases "emulator_libretro_wii" is the name Tetsuo gave the INI files and I have not edited those names. When I have added RA emulators, I most likely did not include _wii in the name. I'm glad you brought this up because I really believe all INI should be parallel in naming methods, example of why I have made almost all in CAPS.

Believe me, I haven't changed the naming because I have nothing better to do. It is tedious to do this on hundreds of files and why errors are made along the way, it's a pain in the rear end and can easily be distracted.

I call it cleaning, others may call it nitpicking. No different than keeping your rom files in MESSY or UNIFORM order. I for one do not & will not open a rom folder with 50/50 lower and caps naming. Hence why I do not use the database naming of my roms/games on any of the plugins, and I complained about this 2-3 years ago in the chain of naming command. The database naming is SLOPPY at best.

I will drop the "_wii" from each INI and include it in the update/fix I'll be releasing soon.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RunningSnakes @ukigh4ie the '_wii' part at the end of RA's ini files was added to conform to the names of the various dol files (all RA cores end with '_wii.dol'). However this is totally unimportant to me, so feel free to remove the '_wii' part.
I may have forgotten to check if all files were renamed like this, because at the time my priority was to find a fully working RA version (it was a journey to hell).
I realize that my structure for the pack was not always consistent and could be improved, because I'm not a very organized person.
I'm so glad for every contribution by you guys to make it better!:yaywii:

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
So i've made database files for Pokemon Mini, but i've run into a problem... it's displaying all the games with "Pokémon" in the <title> field of the xml files as just "Pok" and... then it's displaying the games in some arbitrary order that doesn't seem to correspond to the alphabetical order of the files, the .ini names, or the xml <title>s. i haven't had issues with accented characters in other databases before, in fact i have even added them to .ini files without issue. I initially only had the é character in the <title> fields only. Everything else about the database seems to operate perfectly fine, just confused about this one bit. Any ideas what could be going on? Would it help to know that i generated the XML file from my .ini file using a python script after initializing the <datafile> field?

EDIT: Fixed it, by... copying the contents of the XML file to a brand new text file and saving that and using that instead. Not sure what this changed, but it sure fixed it.

Last edited by chrondelta,

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
Alright i got a buncha things done tonight: firstly, i made boxart for the last two official Pokemon Mini ROMs. I was only missing Pokemon Breeder Mini and Snorlax's Lunch Time, though the boxart i made for Snorlax's Lunch Time is really low effort imo (that's a critique of my own skills, not whoever made the front boxart at launchbox). I'll post the individual efforts here, as well as a zip of allll the properly spine-shrunken Pokemini boxarts (courtesy of... someone, i already forget who resized the boxarts i made to properly fit, will edit that in later)

Secondly, i made a blank_cover for the Pokemini. Also kinda low effort, but this is the effort of someone who just wants SOMETHING and isn't super great at graphic design. It may come in handy if you have homebrew games you haven't made boxart for or something, since I believe i have now covered all the official games.

Thirdly, I made Database files for the Pokemini. Simply extract the contents of "Pokemini Database.zip" to the root of your SD card.

Finally, I also made snapshots and an overlay for the Pokemini. Simply extract the contents of "Pokemini Snapshots.zip" to the root of your SD.

I will have crossposted or will be crossposting this stuff to the relevant threads in case someone wants to incorporate them into the main thing.

I hope this proves useful. Lemm know if i missed anything. Personally, i think the Pokemini overlay could be Better, but i'm not skilled enough at graphic stuff to make that work i think? Maybe i'll mess with it tomorrow Edit: No, I'll mess with it today! Great AETHER! I redid the overlay just slightly and i think it'll work better now.

Attachments

• Lunch Time (USA) (GameCube).min.png
    Lunch Time (USA) (GameCube).min.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 27
  • POKEMINI.png
    POKEMINI.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Pokemon Sodateyasan Mini (Japan).min.png
    Pokemon Sodateyasan Mini (Japan).min.png
    330.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Pokemini Boxart.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Pokemini Database.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Pokemini Snapshots.zip
    69.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by chrondelta,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i got a buncha things done tonight: firstly, i made boxart for the last two official Pokemon Mini ROMs. I was only missing Pokemon Breeder Mini and Snorlax's Lunch Time, though the boxart i made for Snorlax's Lunch Time is really low effort imo (that's a critique of my own skills, not whoever made the front boxart at launchbox). I'll post the individual efforts here, as well as a zip of allll the properly spine-shrunken Pokemini boxarts (courtesy of... someone, i already forget who resized the boxarts i made to properly fit, will edit that in later)

Secondly, i made a blank_cover for the Pokemini. Also kinda low effort, but this is the effort of someone who just wants SOMETHING and isn't super great at graphic design. It may come in handy if you have homebrew games you haven't made boxart for or something, since I believe i have now covered all the official games.

Thirdly, I made Database files for the Pokemini. Simply extract the contents of "Pokemini Database.zip" to the root of your SD card.

Finally, I also made snapshots and an overlay for the Pokemini. Simply extract the contents of "Pokemini Snapshots.zip" to the root of your SD.

I will have crossposted or will be crossposting this stuff to the relevant threads in case someone wants to incorporate them into the main thing.

I hope this proves useful. Lemm know if i missed anything. Personally, i think the Pokemini overlay could be Better, but i'm not skilled enough at graphic stuff to make that work i think? Maybe i'll mess with it tomorrow Edit: No, I'll mess with it today! Great AETHER! I redid the overlay just slightly and i think it'll work better now.

Thank you for your contributions. This is some great stuff and much needed. I appreciate your work. @chrondelta

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A... +2