Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes those updates were included. Thank you @SaulFabre for all your contributions, and thanks to @Okko for his contributions as well as helping me along the way. Also want to say thanks to @fledge68 for keeping and improving WFL for all of us to enjoy. Lastly, thanks to @Tetsuo Shima for taking this huge project on, I hope everything is well.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update Fix.
I guess that the .svn folders are pretty useless, cause they point to a non existing repository at google code.
Save files under apps/quake/Q1/ID1/s*.sav and error logs apps/QRevPAK/QRevPAK.err should not be distributed.

I know it makes much work to assemble the distribution archive. If you maintain a copy on the PC anyway, which I assume you do, then create a local Git repository where you can commit and track all changes. No temporary files, such as log files and game saves, from the Wii should end up on the PC.

Another one: I suggest to update ScummVM to official 2.5, which fixes the "Return to loader" error.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .err file I thought I deleted after testing but appearently not. The svn folder and .svn files I did not know if they were required so left them in the folder. I'll make the changes and post a new link soon.

@ukigh4ie Thank you for informing me of these files are not needed. I do maintain 2 separate setups on PC for adding/editing...

1. My own personal setup with plugins I use and minor differences of my taste which I started building from scratch years ago.

2. The official @Tetsuo Shima release pack which I want to keep the integrity as much as possible for distribution.

Needless to say, when my brain is not functioning at top speed, I tend to forget some adds/deleted between the 2 and mistakes are made.

I am always open for changes and fixes, so everyone reading this, please keep posting when you discover mistakes or think improvements can be made in any area.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie

Regarding updating ScummVM to 2.5. I have tested this version through both HBC and WFL & results are not good.

Only testing 3 games... "Beneath a Steel Sky" both CD version and Floppy version, also tested Indiana Atlantis. All 3 games lose cursor function while navigating testing multiple times.

ScummVM 2.2.1 (version currently in the plugin pack) does not have the issue but yes, exiting any game does not take me back to WFL, instead to Wii System Menu.

The ScummVM version 2.2.0 git Nov 4 2019 (what I have) does not have cursor issues and when exiting any game returns back to WFL.

My cfg.ini is edited different...
dolfile=apps/scummvm//boot.elf

I have not tried this change with 2.2.1 to see if it will fix the Return To Loader problem yet but will try this. IIRC, Blade Runner would play for me with issues using 2.2.0, but have since lost the file. I believe it was a very early release with support for that game. Anyhow, I will test 2.2.1 with above cfg and post results.

Edit:
After testing 2.2.1 with cfg, I am still sent back to Wii System Menu when exiting game. I am not positive how stable 2.2.0 git is or compatibility, but it does not have Return To Loader Issue or return to WFL after exit issue or cursor loss issue. I can send you my files if you would like to test this version and make it available in the update pack (soon to be released) as an optional install over the existing ScummVM plugin.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: Okko and SaulFabre

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am always open for changes and fixes, so everyone reading this, please keep posting when you discover mistakes or think improvements can be made in any area.
That's a load off my mind. I will continue to post improvements.

Could someone normalise all the sounds of the plugins (*.ogg files) so that they have the same volume and you don't always have to adjust the volume. Some are really loud while others are quiet.

Last edited by ukigh4ie,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
My cfg.ini is edited different...
dolfile=apps/scummvm//boot.elf
Try running the dol version of it, instead of the elf one.

EDIT: Also the path has an unused extra hash.
It must be dolfile=apps/scummvm/boot.dol

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre
The path above I posted with extra hash was a mistake while posting, the actual path is what your post reads.

ScummVm comes only with boot.elf. However you can change the file extension to boot.dol and it works the same regardless.

@ukigh4ie
I'll take a look at the commit you posted, thanks for the link.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukigh4ie

I followed the link you posted and appearently a patch was provided just recently but links are dead. I decided to download the latest daily version 2.6.0 but the problems previously mentioned still exist. Can you confirm the cursor bug I am experiencing in 2.5.0-2.6.0 does or does not exist for you using 2.5.0 please.

So this is where I'm at for now concerning ScummVM. I'll contact @Tetsuo Shima and run this by him before making changes......

1. Replace existing ScummVM plugin 2.2.1 with 2.2.0 to fix 'Return To WiiFlow" issue.

2. Add "Beneath A Steel Sky" to ScummVM game folder and install this game. This game is public domain freeware that is distributed at the official ScummVM website.

3. Delete Folder......apps/scummvm...... folder
After the first game installation, this folder is no longer needed for WFL plug-in purposes.

4. boot.elf file will be placed in...wiiflow/plugins/scummvm...folder as well as scummvm.ini containing previously mentioned installed game.

This will save around 70mb of unneeded files, unless including this freeware game is forbidden.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
November 15 2021 Update Fix is up. This includes...

EDuke32 Update
OpenTyrian Update
ScummVM Update
Thanks for this update fix @RunningSnakes.

Now we can use most of the emulators and homebrew software on Wii on Wiiflow.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like as much input regarding audio.ogg files for each emulator as possible. Some like the jingles, some do not want them at all, and in between. So I'm leaning towards using a default audio.ogg for all emulators, but haven't put much thought into what it should be. Here are the choices of what direction we should go.....

1. All emulators will not have any audio.ogg sound when selecting game. I can put all audio.ogg files into a folder, so if you would like, you can easily place file in folder and change cfg.ini settings.

2. Keep the current audio.ogg files where they are and end user can change them if they choose to.

3. Use a Default.ogg for all emulators and include all audio.ogg into a folder so if you want to change it out, end user will have plenty of alternative.ogg files available to choose from.

Please let me know what you all think!!!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like as much input regarding audio.ogg files for each emulator as possible. Some like the jingles, some do not want them at all, and in between. So I'm leaning towards using a default audio.ogg for all emulators, but haven't put much thought into what it should be. Here are the choices of what direction we should go.....

1. All emulators will not have any audio.ogg sound when selecting game. I can put all audio.ogg files into a folder, so if you would like, you can easily place file in folder and change cfg.ini settings.

2. Keep the current audio.ogg files where they are and end user can change them if they choose to.

3. Use a Default.ogg for all emulators and include all audio.ogg into a folder so if you want to change it out, end user will have plenty of alternative.ogg files available to choose from.

Please let me know what you all think!!!
there's a fourth option i added to wiiflow a year or two ago.

each plugin rom/game can have it's own sound. they can be .ogg, .mp3, or .wav. The user just have to make them and name them the same as the rom.ext.ogg, rom.ext.mp3, or rom.ext.wav and put them in dev:/wiiflow/gamesounds/ folder.

on the other hand i could add an option to disable ALL plugin gamesounds. maybe even disable specific ones but that will be a bit more time consuming.

there's already options to disable the gamecube sound, since hearing that cube sound over and over again can get annoying,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the audio.ogg files through audacity in effort to normalize the high/low quality. Some sound much better, others to my ear are no different. I have included several hundred more sounds in the links if you are interested in taking a listen. These were all .wav files converted to .ogg using audacity.

Edit:
Going to include this as an extra download in release link!

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the other hand i could add an option to disable ALL plugin gamesounds. maybe even disable specific ones but that will be a bit more time consuming.
Current functional workaround: delete the relevant ogg.

If anyone would like more options, here are some replacement ogg sounds I use (description in parentheses). Suffice to say, I'm not a fan of using console boot sounds across the board or even most of the time. I use random beeps and boops for the arcade platforms, and familiar in game sfx for the consoles.

Attachments

• MAME (boop).zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 53
  • FBA_NeoGeo-libretro (boop).zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 63
  • FBA_CPS2-libretro (boop).zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 44
  • FBA_CPS1-libretro (boop).zip
    4 KB · Views: 47
  • fb_alpha-libretro (beep).zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 86
  • N64 (Navi flies out).zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 53

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am very close to releasing V7 WFL Plugin Pack. If there are any changes or inclusions you think are beneficial, please post soon. This will be main release for awhile. Thanks to everyone.
Would it be a lot of effort to support the ZX81 in the Classisc Computers section? RetroArch comes with a suitable emulator.

Regarding V7 - we are still missing the customisation of the Rhapsody Shima theme to be able to select the new devices (LedHead, Pokemon Mini).

Reactions: RunningSnakes

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I like individual jingles that are typical for the platform. Therefore, it would be nice to complement platforms without jingles with the appropriate one. What annoys me are the different volumes. That's why I expressed the wish that you adjust the level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-