The GBAtemp Scavenger Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I got #4 right...that "Gemini" bit is seriously throwing me off..... I've got the others right though I'm sure of it. :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Janthran Did you know there's a way to keep your google search results limited to one site?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think ill let this one pass now too, the last hunt (the one that lead from one clue to the next) was no problem, but this here, i just have no idea. and since you only have a chance when you know everything, i bid you all farewell, good luck

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and since you only have a chance when you know everything, i bid you all farewell, good luck
Not really, some people who think they got might be very wrong. There is every chance that no one apart from you will get the next clue or the clues on the Tempcast.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clue 7: In a certain article that partakes in analysis of interactive entertainment from days of yore, which particular title did TrolleyDave do a rant about not being fond of?

That could be easy but then I thought the "Gemini" one was.

This is the very final clue from me. The next job for you to do is to listen to Tempcast 52.

Now I must stress this, there will be no re-posting of those clues on the forum and anyone who does so will either be disqualified and may also have action taken against them. The prize isn't cheap tat, it hasn't been funded by adverts or anything like that it has come purely from the wallet of Costello and he gave the cash for it and worldwide postage because he loves this community.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Okay, that one WAS pretty easy. But since I have the other 6, I still must not give up on 4...

EDIT: I can't seem to wrap my brain around this clue, I can't think of a reasonable way to interpret "blue fellow"... I'm done. Good luck to those who came up with the answer :ha:

Double edit: This is too addicting to quit, but I literally have no idea. I've Temp-searched just about every word in the clue.

D

Deleted_171835

I got every clue. Only one I'm a little bit skeptical about it is #4 but I think I have the answer to that.

Now to torture myself listening to the Tempcast when that comes out. :angry:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got every clue. Only one I'm a little bit skeptical about it is #4 but I think I have the answer to that.

Now to torture myself listening to the Tempcast when that comes out. :angry:

Same, now we just need to wait for the Tempcast.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and since you only have a chance when you know everything, i bid you all farewell, good luck
Not really, some people who think they got might be very wrong. There is every chance that no one apart from you will get the next clue or the clues on the Tempcast.
nah, its really unlikely that theres noone who doesnt get every clue actually. i mean, i know my gaussian distribution, most people will get several answers, me included, but theres bound to be one or two that know all + bonus point
So in a system where the winner is drawn from the very top, its very easy to draw the line between any chance and no chance ^^ Not knowing one thing means everyone else needs to not understand/find at least two other things, I'm already at -3 (-2 if the bonus point thing wasnt meant serious), so theres not much reason to go on. I'll just add my name to some other raffles and hope for the best~

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, its really unlikely that theres noone who doesnt get every clue actually. i mean, i know my gaussian distribution, most people will get several answers, me included, but theres bound to be one or two that know all + bonus point
So in a system where the winner is drawn from the very top, its very easy to draw the line between any chance and no chance ^^ Not knowing one thing means everyone else needs to not understand/find at least two other things, I'm already at -3 (-2 if the bonus point thing wasnt meant serious), so theres not much reason to go on. I'll just add my name to some other raffles and hope for the best~

I consider myself somewhat a regular, and I had to Google/search everything but Clue 7. It looks hard at first, but grab a cold glass of something, sit down, and take what you know and search.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck it I'll do more clues, I'm having fun. Let's have 7!

Clue 5: Shaunj66 doesn't have a PS3 but if he did he still wouldn't add you onto his friendslist...What does this have to do with anything? NOTHING but anyone who gets the referrence will get a bonus point...on to the proper clue! What would Isaac's real name look like if he typed it with a protuberance that is in front of a olfactory mucosa?

AND NO IT'S NOT A PENIS HE TYPED IT WITH!

Two more tomorrow and then that's it until Tempcast...honest!
Why is the bonus reference easier than the question itself? I think I know what he typed it with, but I have no idea who Isaac is >_>
Well my name is Isaac but I doubt it refers to me :L
I know, I visited your profile while searching.
Wait, you know before I commented? O.o You must have a good memory :P

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I unquit.
I found two launch error codes. But the 2nd one is on a different website, so I guess it doesn't really count then.
Oh wait, also found the 2nd one on this site. So which is it?
Is both ok too?

And I finally found clue 4. It was so damn obvious.
At first I was thinking about Gemini Man from Megaman 3, but I thought that was a little too far fetched.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you give the prize to someone else if you're just in the hunt for the fun of it?
Not saying that I'll win, since I don't have all the clues yet, but just saying "what if..".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land