The future of our past?!

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Its always great having your childhood and remembering the good times you had swapping games with your friends or going to your friends house to play games and now (for me) 20-30 years on everything is at your finger tips, consoles have progressed and continue to push technology for game ideology and handhelds flood the market like no tomorrow with them being near enough the same spec

SO... knowing this is there any future in our past with retro now that its all about re collecting what you once had, or playing the games you love over and over on constantly changing handhelds?

Your thoughts please

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its always great having your childhood and remembering the good times you had swapping games with your friends or going to your friends house to play games and now (for me) 20-30 years on everything is at your finger tips, consoles have progressed and continue to push technology for game ideology and handhelds flood the market like no tomorrow with them being near enough the same spec

SO... knowing this is there any future in our past with retro now that its all about re collecting what you once had, or playing the games you love over and over on constantly changing handhelds?

Your thoughts please
Of course there is. As long as the people who grew up with these games are still around to play these games, they'll always be relevant. On top of that, I've noticed a slew of new young developers taking an interest in older consoles and understanding how they work. This has lead to advancements in "homebrew" for these console as well as actual new games for these consoles.

The Nintendo Entertainment System might be dead to Nintendo, but there's a dedicated community of developers still actively working on new games for that system. Games are still being made! Programming languages are being developed to make games easier to make.

There's probably never been a better time for retro consoles and games than today.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4