Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

Well, I'm on fire
smile.gif
. I recently received my sample of the USBgecko 3d party developement unit and started playing around with it (and made PCB shots
wink.gif
).

USBgecko_faq said:
USB gecko is 3rd Party Memory Card Interface Adapter which allows homebrew and hobbyist developers the ability to connect their Gamecube? or Wii? console to there PC which has a USB 2.0 Port.
In case you haven't heard about the USBgecko yet, it's a third party unit that combines two products --> SDgecko and Nintendo's BBA. This is because the unit allows for you to boot DOL/BIN files on your Wii/Gamecube but is also able to act as a developers debug port. Homepage of the USBgecko.

Linky to the first public review of the USBgecko

Cheers and happy reading!
Scorpei

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice review! So this thing allows me to boot GC homebrew and dump Wii games without any modchip? Kewl! If this thing becomes good with the new firmware and such I'll definately buy it!

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice review! So this thing allows me to boot GC homebrew and dump Wii games without any modchip? Kewl! If this thing becomes good with the new firmware and such I'll definately buy it!
It might however that will need the DVD which still needs to be released/produced by the USBgecko team.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
happy.gif
As far as I can see, viper gc extreme owners have no need for this.

Edit, never post from a 3g connection again
Well I don't remember the Viper Extreme having any low level tools or memory card tools. Then again I haven't used the viper for much else then run homebrew
wink.gif
. Also of course dumping via USB has its advantages such as no longer swapping SD cards (but I had a 2Gb SD card so I didn't have to swap to begin with).

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
happy.gif

Well I don't remember the Viper Extreme having any low level tools or memory card tools. Then again I haven't used the viper for much else then run homebrew
wink.gif
. Also of course dumping via USB has its advantages such as no longer swapping SD cards (but I had a 2Gb SD card so I didn't have to swap to begin with).

Viper has all those features, including screenshot.

It also has game streaming over USB.

Scorpei

OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
happy.gif

wink.gif

A yea, the extreme does.

"It also has game streaming over USB." .... what do you mean? Dumping I suppose
wink.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
happy.gif

wink.gif

A yea, the extreme does.

"It also has game streaming over USB." .... what do you mean? Dumping I suppose
wink.gif
Yeah. For dumping games. Very handy in helping me backup my GC collection.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I proofed that =D

I see you clarified screenshots only. That's unfortunate, but is what I expected.

Good job, Scorpei. Shall you need help, I will be there... give or take a few months... LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM