The fan-made PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been released

ooooooooooooooot.png

Arriving ahead of its previously teased schedule is the fan-made Ship of Harkinian Ocarina of Time PC port. The project builds upon the aptly-named Zelda Reverse Engineering Team's reverse-engineered code for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, porting the game in its entirety to PC. Boasting many new features and improvements, the project adds HD visuals, the ability to add mods to the game, texture pack support, keyboard controls, and support for ultra-widescreen resolutions.

The team behind the PC port, Harbour Masters, released version 1.0.0 of the port today on GitHub, along with directions on how to build the game and launch it. For now, it runs on either DirectX 11 or OpenGL, with the former being the default renderer. You'll need to get a ZRET Ocarina of Time debug ROM and then create an oot.otr file using an included tool within the GitHub release. For those that need support, a dedicated Discord server exists to help users out.

Now that the port has been released, the team at Harbour Masters plans to work on HD models and textures, 60fps support, and ports to both Linux and macOS in the future. They also plan on porting The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to PC as well, once the ZRET group has completed their decompilation, which is nearly halfway finished.

A PC port of OoT allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, gyroscopy and other great features! Setup is simple, let's get started!

The Ship does not include assets and as such requires a prior copy of the game to play.

Quick Start​

1. Download The Ship of Harkinian from releases.
  2. Get a ZRET OoT Debug ROM
Build date: `zelda@srd022j 03-02-21 00:49:18`
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099

1. Use the OTRGui to generate an oot.otr archive file.
  2. Launch soh.exe
Congratulations, you are now sailing with the Ship of Harkinian! Have fun!

:arrow: Source

[UPDATE] The download link is currently only available via the Discord server, linked above in the article.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent. I think i'll wait for it to mature a bit before playing, but such great progress at such quick speed. Looking forward to Majora's Mask as well.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game only runs at 20fps, and for unknown reasons my game crashes at intro.
I got the game work through debug menu, by skipping the intro, but i have no weapons and dunno where to go, anyone know how to resolve intro crash? and possibly run game at 60fps?

johnDoe11718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm really looking forward to is if someone make a mod to replace Link as someone else. For example, CJ from GTA San Andreas.

"Ah, s---! Here we go again."

Classic meme. LOL!

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah this is cool, but what I am really waiting for is the 60fps support along with bug fixes and then hopefully a Switch port.

Maybe texture pack support would be possible eventually as well, that would be great :)

Reactions: Aerocool

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C&D in 3... 2... 1...

On a side note, I really wish I didn't think N64 games were boring, because they're getting so much love with projects like this.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno. I think maximum heresy might be playing OoT on the Steam Deck through Yuzu or Ryujinx. Just do that little extra to stick that knife in a bit deeper and twist it.
Use steamdeck to
Play dolphin emulator to
Play legend of zelda collection

Or you could just play the virtual console version on dolphin emulator... but we want maximum heresy right? Use dolphin to run homebrew n64 emulator wii64 and then play it. :P

Maybe we need a "Maximum heresy" Tier list... or some kind of Flow chart. :creep:

Reactions: vincentx77

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use steamdeck to
Play dolphin emulator to
Play legend of zelda collection

Or you could just play the virtual console version on dolphin emulator... but we want maximum heresy right? Use dolphin to run homebrew n64 emulator wii64 and then play it. :P

Maybe we need a "Maximum heresy" Tier list... or some kind of Flow chart. :creep:

The Redux version of OOT with proper fire temple music and no censorship with the blood, yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it