Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
So I've heard tons of negative "reviews" from people before it even came out because people think Stallone is being lame by trying to revive his career through his connections, whereas this movie get sexcellent reviews after it came out. Did anyone see it? Was it good?

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
story not so much action and one liners make up for that.... the movie was enjoyable .....some of the cgi looked crap especially fire(when they blow down the villa....

its the only movie you ll see with all the great actions stars together

i give it 8/10

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm gonna go to see it tonight or tomorrow, I just can't wait, I'm so hyped ( just like when the Wii came out ) I want to see it so badly !
I grew up on Stallone's movies, and in recent years he's become a hell of a director, he strives for realism and accuracy and he is a good writer too, not to mention his characters are always bad asses !

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to watch it too, Stallone just makes films that we don't really get nowdays.

Can't stand Jason Statham though.

jellyman223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I thought it was excellent. The acting and story are so so, but you go to action movies for ACTION!!! So if you go with the intention of a great story movie your screwd but if your going for explosions, action, and pure fun...you'll have a heck of a ride!

Gaydrian said:
I want to watch it too, Stallone just makes films that we don't really get nowdays.

Can't stand Jason Statham though.

Agreed...not enough of these classic action movies these days.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems pretty much everyone who saw it thinks it was awesome

the negative reviews were basically haters being haters, movie wasnt even out yet and even imo wasnt that appealing in the trailers

I guess it proved them wrong
it took the biggest gross at the box office

QUOTE said:
1. "The Expendables," $35 million.

2. "Eat Pray Love," $23.7 million.

3. "The Other Guys," $18 million.

4. "Inception," $11.4 million.

5. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," $10.5 million.

6. "Despicable Me," $6.8 million.

7. "Step Up 3D," $6.6 million.

8. "Salt," $6.4 million.

9. "Dinner for Schmucks," $6.3 million.

10. "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore," $4.1 million.

http://www.hollywood.com/boxoffice/

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Westside said:
Just saw it last night... and I... Jizzed in ma pants.

It was f-ing awesome, DLP made it better.

See ?
No need to be afraid of negative reviews
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Glad you enjoyed it too.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since this is a self aware homage to the old-school action flicks I`m most definitely looking forward to some cheesy on-liners, massive explosions and a predictable plot! For me these movie always lived from its cast (leading role) and how they interact with each other and with Stallones latest movies he showed me, that he actually listens to what old-time-fans of his really want and I think he`s going to deliver exactly that!

I will see it the first day when it`s out in germany and I can`t tell you guys how thrilled I am to see this movie
biggrin.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally saw it, just came back from the theater..............wow , just wow......
Funny, great action, huge (real) movie stars all together......nice cameo by Schwarznegger and Willis, and lots and lots of explosions........ !
Of course it was predictable and absurd, but all in all, a solid,old school action movie.
I'm definitely in for a sequel, but of course I'd like to see Rambo 5 first......
wink.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Good movie, just watched it yesterday. The story was generic and action movies aren't really my type, but Jet Li was awesome. John Statham was actually funny, sort of. Although Stallone was sort of, uhhh, not that good at this movie, but he was good at looking gangsta', can't stand his accent though. Kinda pissed at the fact that they never gave their names and I had to keep referring to their real names. I also liked the black guy from White Chicks that blew up everything with that huge gun. Then there were the two wrestler guys (Randy Couture and Steve Austin, which my grandfather recognized immediately), which I was glad to see, but I never really knew Austin could act. The effects were decent and I agree that it was very reminiscent of old action movies, the shallow plot is the only thing that ruins it a bit.

I give it a 7/10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end