3-blew their money on crack/cocaine
4-don't get along at all
5-don't have the skills to code a decent firmware
6-always had the intention to take our money and run
7-all have a drinking problem
8-got deleted by Rabid1
NO...

How about write a paragraph?

The DS-X team got deleted by Rabid1. They all got in big trouble because their sole intention is to take money and run and blow it on crack/cocaine. They are unable to fufill customer request as they don't get along and they don't have the skills to code a decent firmware.

As customer complaints rose, they hav decided to leave the country. Fortunately, they all died in a plane crash.

FIN.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's all pretend this GBA:SP is DS-X...
hate2.gif

Now that that's out of the way, let's go get drunk...
grog.gif

Ok just kidding. I have owned a DS-X since December/January of 2006/2007. I still remember the days where I used to go on ConsoleSource and just stare at the images saying, "I need that...now", but sitting here reading all the posts of "It's gone forever", Makes me VERY depressed and angry. My cart has taken a few damages during the period, such as, got bricked from a homebrew app, DS wouldn't recognize it, white screen, etc. But I still loved the cart...Loved the LED's...loved how it had it's own media player...*sigh*
frown.gif

I still own a DS-X till this day. Was thinking of selling it one day and buying an R4, but had no clue where to sell it, lol
sleep.gif
. This thread has made me realize to take better care of my DS-X since there will never be anymore released. If you own a DS-X, hold onto it forever. It's a piece of ancient history that once touched your fingertips and DS. In 20 years, it will still be worth something. I still own the official box that it came in. I even made a video of me opening it and have it saved on my computer. I can't find the packaging right now, but I know I still have it x_x,

I guess all dreams die but memories are forever. And I have tons of memories from my DS-X...I would mention some right now, but I would start tearing...no joke. It sounds like I was in love with this flashcart correct? Well, I was. It was my first ever flashcart.

Ah well...I had to tell that story, it's amazing how long me and my DS-X have been together, and now it's starting to die x_x.

tetris999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, this has to be one of the most biggest (and funniest scams) ive ever seen for my time living on this planet

Goodbye DS-X i dont even feel like finishing some of skins i was making for you anymore
tongue.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I got a DS-X because GBATemp gave it a 9.5.
After some time, it seems it wasn't the best of choices, according to some people.
Then I got an R4.
Again, after some time, it seems it wasn't the best of choices, according to some people.

I wonder what flashcart I should ruin next if I decide to get a new one. Seems that despite picking the carts that get the best grades on this site, I always end up buying something that is not as great as advertised (or reviewed)...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kernelPANIC said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I got a DS-X because GBATemp gave it a 9.5.
After some time, it seems it wasn't the best of choices, according to some people.
Then I got an R4.
Again, after some time, it seems it wasn't the best of choices, according to some people.

I wonder what flashcart I should ruin next if I decide to get a new one. Seems that despite picking the carts that get the best grades on this site, I always end up buying something that is not as great as advertised (or reviewed)...

That was when it first came out. Gbatemp really doesn't update reviews very often. So, sorry to hear that you've actually gotten a DS-X... The R4 is an alright cart. A bit outdated, but if it works fine, there's no point of changing it.

Also, here's the current best to worst flahskarts. It's my own opinion, but I think most people will agree.

CycloDS > SCDS1 SDHC > Acekard RPG > Acekard 2 > M3 Real > EDGE > DSTT > R4/M3 simply > Useless clones > DS-X

The reason why the R4 isn't considered a good choice right now, is because the cart is pretty much dying. When it first came out, it was great, with all these new features coming in. Now, it's pretty mucha a standard of what all the other carts have. Worst of all, the support team has announced that they're making a firmware that may even kill your DS. (If you R4 is a fake R4, it'll brick your DS. At least, that's what they said.) It's also pretty expensive, for what you get.

If you just want something that plays games, and games only, get the DSTT. It's one of the fastest carts available, but it's rated low, because it really doesn't have anything else special. It's super cheap too. Only 20 bucks off of DX.

You COULD get an Acekard 2, which is only a few bucks cheaper, but much better. But right now, it's been having some serious quality issues, so wait a little.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
MrSpud said:
http://news.ds-x.com/
and
http://www.ds-x.com/

Both registered until july 31st.

Actually, they extended the ds-xtreme.com until 2010 :
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=d...prog_id=godaddy

And ds-x.com ,also been extended until 2010 :
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=d...prog_id=godaddy

news.ds-x.com and www.ds-x.com is the same domain : ds-x.com

The news and www part are sub-domains and you can have whatever you want there (mail.ds-x.com, forum.ds-x.com, etc...)

Currently the forum at ds-xtreme.com just forwards back to the main site, reason? No idea. Guru did tell me 8-9 months ago that he was planning a major forum restructuration.
Did they find the time to do it? Who knows... why register until 2010, not 2009, if they plan not to support anymore? logic?
wacko.gif

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe they'll make an announcement? I see that Rabid1 is reading this as I'm posting it, so...
What's up Dude! Anything you would like to say now that you have all that free time?
Didn't think so...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
MrSpud said:
Maybe they'll make an announcement? I see that Rabid1 is reading this as I'm posting it, so...
What's up Dude! Anything you would like to say now that you have all that free time?
Didn't think so...

Your right man, I miss him dearly too!
frown.gif

One day he will return and save us all!
gbasp.gif

sapasam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
MrSpud said:
Didn't think so...

Your right man, I miss him dearly too!
frown.gif

One day he will return and save us all!
gbasp.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been lied to enough.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I am one of the few happy owners of the DS-X..
I don't get it, what is so damn crappy about this cart? I've had it for over a year now, haven't had any trouble with it at all, except when it deleted a savegame due to the eeorp (or how it's spelled) bug, but I had a backup like 2 days before, so it was kewl.. And it got fixed with firmware 1.1.3.

I don't cheat in games, so I don't see the point of the cheat engines.. I have a built-in mediaplayer, I don't have to patch any of my games OR the few homebrew-apps I've tried..

Played dozens of games, all of them without any hassle, except Daffy and Zelda, had to arm7-fix'em when I was runnin' 1.1.2

I love my DS-X, I've always loved it. Easy-to-use GUI, fast loading in OS (just set the default browse-folder to your NDS-games folder, and it's ready in a second), built-in mediaplayer, the damn LEDs who can be both nice and annoying...

I know it was expensive, but it was okay at the time I got it.. And I've had countless hours of fun while using it. Go DS-X!

Too bad the team let it down after all
frown.gif
Even though I don't mind now, but maybe later, if Nintendo's cracking up on the piracy protection of the NDS games :/

Last, Rabid1 is really an okay guy
smile.gif
I have never been cencored from the forums (unless when I talked about warez, which is breaking their rules, and therefore my own fault), and he helped me twice
smile.gif

Have nothing bad to say about the DS-X
BUT! I don't recommend it to friends, I tell'em to get the CycloDS or something else.

totoyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pesaroso said:
I think I am one of the few happy owners of the DS-X..
I could not be more in agreement with you. This is exactly my situation and I have been really happy for about 18 month using my DS-X. And I will continue to be until a game I want to play will not work on it (and therefore never will if there will be no update anymore). But for the moment it is OK.

And if all these pessimist messages are true, I would really like to have an official announcement by the DS-X team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...