the ds functionality on 3ds does not work

kjevans9808880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i modded a 3ds, i downloaded twilight menu, but i got this 3ds from a pawn shop, and the ds applications on it dont work. if someone knows what im talking about, plz tell me how to fix this issue

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

kjevans9808880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that didnt work, ds mode isnt working on the 3ds my brother owns, everytime i go on the 3ds and click something nintendo ds related, the console flashes a white screen for a second the exits back to home menu

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that didnt work, ds mode isnt working on the 3ds my brother owns, everytime i go on the 3ds and click something nintendo ds related, the console flashes a white screen for a second the exits back to home menu
are you capable of opening something like health and safety without crashing?

kjevans9808880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. i can open those with no problem. its just the nds mode wont work, and i dont think the sites people given me helped, is there anything else i can do?

Last edited by kjevans9808880,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah. i can open those with no problem. its just the nds mode wont work, and i dont think the sites people given me helped, is there anything else i can do?
You will want to temporarily set the homebrew launcher to a different title to get to the 3dsx file you need. A common one is health and safety app to use. You will load that app. Open the luma menu, Pressing L + Select + Down on the directional pad. In there, there should be a option in misc, to switch the homebrew hb. Menu to current app. Press A to select that. Then hit Save settings. Exit the app, And reload it again.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but how will that help me launch nds programs on the 3ds?
Your going to be running the twlfix on there which is most likely why all your nds apps and games dont work. twlfix deletes all corrupt nds items, you then update the system to have the console reinstall fresh copys which will then allow you to run those apps without them giving errors

kjevans9808880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did that too, it didnt work. when i put twlfix in the sd card an launched, the nds applications on the 3ds stilled flickered a white screen then exited back to the home menu

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what exactly do you remember of what went on with this console when it started doing this?

And by any chance. Does this console have its Nand backup or was none made.

kjevans9808880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember, i bought it from a pawn shop, another account was registered on it, and when my brother got it, we realized that the home menu takes a little long to load up, when we went to the apps it had, also when he got it parental controls we enabled and i had to go online to get it off, and we went on ds download play and thats when it started flickering a white sreen then exiting back to home menu. so i guess the previous owner did something to it., also i dont know what NAND is

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so can anyone help me out with this issue
I don't think we can help you unless you provide more structured information. I was away for some days and as far as I have seen this you posted in different topics which makes getting the needed information hard (and some posts have been deleted by moderation staff so please don't post all over the place).

Questions about the current status:
  • I assume custom firmware is already installed and working?
    • Which version of Luma3DS (hold select on power on – the version number is on the very top)?
    • Do you have access to the Homebrew Launcher?
    • Can you open TWLFix in HB Launcher?
  • Version of official firmware (System Settings tells this)?
  • Did you run an official update? Especially after TWLFix
also i dont know what NAND is
The NAND is the internal memory of the console (like the HDD or SSD in a computer). It should be backed up from time to time in case anything goes wrong. If you don't have a backup, create one before any modification or repair attempt, even if something isn't working correctly right now.
===========

If TWLFix doesn't solve the problem it could be a problem with the NVRAM. I'm not able to provide detailed directions for this. More information is somewhere in the long thread I linked a few days ago. Not all cases of bricked DS(i) mode have been successfully treated. Generally people tried:
  • TWLFix (followed by an update to reinstall the deleted titles) → Easiest and first thing to try
  • CTRTransfer and/or CTRTransfer Type D9
  • Attempt a repair on NVRAM
The latter two point in the list require you to carefully read everything before attempting a repair. CTRTransfer Type D9 has a long manual.
=========

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1