The disk cannot be read

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by crzdmaniac123, Feb 10, 2010.

Feb 10, 2010

The disk cannot be read by crzdmaniac123 at 7:55 AM (1,686 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. crzdmaniac123
    OP

Newcomer crzdmaniac123 Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, I am a total noob trying to softmod my wii. I bought my wii a long time ago, not long after it came out. When I went to softmod it I saw that the menu version was 3.2U, and I decided not to update it.

I was following this guide but when I got to the trucha bug restorer section, I got the error: Fakesign bug already applied. After some fiddling I concluded that my wii probably still had the trucha bug, since I believe the bug was patched in system menu 3.3, and I skipped that step.

Afterwards I installed Waninkokos cIOS and the neoGamma backup loader. I ordered some dvds, burned some backups, and was ready to go. The dvds I used are Verbatim DVD-Rs.

I have been able to successfully load a burned Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but I have tried unsuccessfully to load burned versions of: No More Heroes 2, Muramasa: Demon Blade, and Resident Evil: the Umbrella Chronicles. When I try to load these disks via neoGamma it tells me the disk cannot be read.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to get these backups to work? I think the fact that I got one to work is evidence that my wii will read the DVDs, so it shouldn't be a case of bad media. Also I burned No More Heroes 2 several times on different DVDs and none of them worked. What makes TvC so special?

If anyone could help me, I'd very much appreciate it.

2. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    might be missing ios files? umm what version of cios? install rev 17 if u havnt allready and use neogamma r8rc1 maybe they are bad dumps of the games?

3. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    The fact it can read TvC certainly means your Wii can read them, but it does not mean that the others were burnt correctly. What is the capability of your burner and what speed were you burning them at? Also which version of Neogamma are you using and which revision of cIOS?

4. crzdmaniac123
    OP

United States
    Hey thanks for the quick replies!

This is my drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827118030

I burned all the DVDs at 8x write speed.

I am using cIOS38r17 and NeoGamma R8 Beta 15 (The channel version, not the app)

Its entirely possible that the iso files I'm using are bad, though it seems unlikely as I found them on a DC++ hub for my school. That would imply that someone used them successfully, though not necessarily.

5. crzdmaniac123
    OP

United States
    Sorry to bump, but does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Are you using DVD+R or DVD-R

7. tylerzentz

Member tylerzentz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Burn at a lower speed, 1x usually works best. some people say burn at half the speed capable of the blank dvd, but i always had problems doing that (i also did 8x) until i started doing 1x. now my backups work fine.

Posts merged

he already said dvd-r [​IMG]

8. crzdmaniac123
    OP

United States
    Hey thanks for the suggestion, but I tried burning 3 more DVD-Rs on the 1x write speed and none of them worked.

Any other ideas?

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can get neogamma r8RC2 now, or u can use my neogamma automod (based on r8RC1) from my signature

or u could always look into usb loaders

or u can read up on cioscorp and decide for yourself if it is right for you

10. Kyururu

Newcomer Kyururu Member

Singapore
    No more heroes 2 and Muramasa are both using IOS53 to load. Use Signcheck to see if you have that IOS.

11. crzdmaniac123
    OP

United States
    Okay so I got No More Heroes 2 to work by burning it on 16x write speed.

Muramasa is still not working even after burning it on 16x.

EDIT: Muramasa is now working, reburned it at 16x. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I guess it was just a case of bad burning after all.