Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
GoodMoorinig i would like to ask if anyone knows what firmware the Super Smash Bros. Basic Pack in europe and especially in grecce has?
THX in advance.

Bowie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GoodMoorinig i would like to ask if anyone knows what firmware the Super Smash Bros. Basic Pack in europe and especially in grecce has?
THX in advance.

I think it is 4.1.0 or something close to that. I bought one and updated to 5.3.2.
Be warned though the ssb disc has higher firmware

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Stay there for now

I was thinking, Since I haven't updated Splatoon since summer, I was thinking of getting the updates
now because when 5.6 comes to block Loadiine I may not be able to update the game anymore

What do you think? or is there a way to update an official game that is not a NUS or WUD
without Nintendo?

Thanks

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I look forward to it, that will make so many things SO much simpler (namely updating and knowing for certain which version is latest without jumping through hoops)
Good :) I'm trying my best here. I'm in the middle of switching PC's, so it will be a little longer, but the way I have to do it will make it take a while to process, so I'm adding some different buttons and functionalities. All that to say that it's going to take longer than expected, but that's what happens when you code. ALWAYS plan for a longer time than what you think. (Just like with Hykem...)

Excuse my ignorance but what will this tool be used for when it's all up and running?

Thanks guys,
M
Exactly what everyone else said. This will just grab WUP's from Nintendo. You'll need to decrypt them yourself, but this also will allow you to view the info in one easy to get place, while compiling information from multiple sources.

Is it possible to make this just grab (or sort) the meta folder for future use, maybe a seperate tab?

I personally prefer the 1st layout, but if it works I really don´t care about colors.

(edit) Just noticed no decrypt option. So this is just for WUP? if so sorry, ignore the whole meta folder c***.
Yes, you're right. There is no decrypt option, like there is in UWizard. However, I'm always open to suggestions, and as WiiUGold has pointed out (through PM's), I could turn this tool into a multi-tool, or even include this in a multi-tool. Your suggestion about the design is noted.

I was thinking, Since I haven't updated Splatoon since summer, I was thinking of getting the updates now because when 5.6 comes to block Loadiine I may not be able to update the game anymore

What do you think? or is there a way to update an official game that is not a NUS or WUD
without Nintendo?

Thanks
Unless if someone found a way to get onto your WiiU and change how it updates (or if Nintendo added a hidden server we don't know about way back when), then you should be just fine.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,

phukol

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hi there guys! just want to ask, i have original copies of Wii U game. How can i back them so i can use them in Loadine?

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have tried mongose, but when i start server it take ip 169.254.x.x that is't the same class of router (192.168.x.x), so i cant connect wiiu to mongose
writing 169.254.x.x in browser wii u
i have tried to setm in mongose setting, pc ip before port 8080 without success
There is a solution?
thank you

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking, Since I haven't updated Splatoon since summer, I was thinking of getting the updates
now because when 5.6 comes to block Loadiine I may not be able to update the game anymore

without Nintendo?

Thanks
Hmmm that makes things more complicated

I suppose what you need to decide for yourself is if the risk of a potentially more difficult exploit outweighs your desire to wait a little bit longer

Either way you need to decide soon, in case this 10-hour maintenance actually does pan out to be a network-wide system update

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm that makes things more complicated

I suppose what you need to decide for yourself is if the risk of a potentially more difficult exploit outweighs your desire to wait a little bit longer

Either way you need to decide soon, in case this 10-hour maintenance actually does pan out to be a network-wide system update

Oh shit there's maintenance right now? Then I don't want to risk I get the update by accident, I guess I have to say Goodbye to my
plans of playing Splatoon online :( Splatoon is one of my favorite games ever but the risk is too much :(

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Good :) I'm trying my best here. I'm in the middle of switching PC's, so it will be a little longer, but the way I have to do it will make it take a while to process, so I'm adding some different buttons and functionalities. All that to say that it's going to take longer than expected, but that's what happens when you code. ALWAYS plan for a longer time than what you think. (Just like with Hykem...)

Exactly what everyone else said. This will just grab WUP's from Nintendo. You'll need to decrypt them yourself, but this will allow you to just view the info in one easy to get place, while compiling information from multiple sources.

Yes, you're right. There is no decrypt option, like there is in UWizard. However, I'm always open to suggestions, and as WiiUGold has pointed out (through PM's), I could turn this tool into a multi-tool, or even include this in a multi-tool. Your suggestion about the design is noted.

Unless if someone found a way to get onto your WiiU and change how it updates (or if Nintendo added a hidden server we don't know about way back when), then you should be just fine.

You should be able to download the patch with via nus and install it with wup installer to your console.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i understood
it will take months before a new update
so because of that, they may release something
since it may not be patched til than.
It's like this: the developers want (a) at least 2 working exploits on a (range of) firmware before releasing one to the public (b) or if Nintendo can magically find the exploit and patches it on update (there is no point in hiding an exploit for an older firmware if it doesn't work on newer firmware).

Nintendo is very random. I remember back to back update on 3DS sometimes ago. I'm newbie on Wii U and checking update log, it seems Wii U update is has less frequent.

There is no time estimation on when the exploit being released. It's depended on many thing and the above points play a huge part in the release of the exploit.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Don Jon

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on my router I have those Nintendo addresses blocked. But when i access http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php via my pc and try to test it i get the "Non-authoritative answer: blah blah"

Now if i go to my pc's browser with my access control enabled and type in "nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net (or any of the other addresses)" the connection times out.

However if I do it without my access control enabled I get a 404 error.

So I feel like it's working but I'm curious as to why the kloth website is being weird.
I have tubehax setup on my wii u and I have my wii u's mac blocked for now. Still I want to be as cautious as possible.

Last edited by codychaosx,

Sylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was planning on installing homebrew sometime soon, but a new update just dropped. Hope to see some clarification on what this new update means as far as patching exploits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto