The Crying PC Gamer

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sterling, Jun 25, 2011.

Jun 25, 2011

The Crying PC Gamer by Sterling at 9:02 PM (1,030 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbxRp6Dg_VQ&feature=feedu[/youtube]

So true on many FPSs. If you like this video, then you'll like his other videos.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    LOL'd at Wallhack and Aimbot. XD

I don't really agree with the message though, those "external additions" to games were around "since forever". The fact that they're easily accessible nowadays is because "we're not using Dial-Up anymore and downloading something does not take a week anymore (due to disconnecting issues)".

You know, sometimes it's actually satisfying. I remember playing CS 1.6 - a dude had a wallhack and a headshot-oriented Aim-Bot on. He had shitty draw distance turned on though, apparently, since he was completely unable to find my sniping spot. Bang, AWP headshot. Bang, AWP headshot.

SAY: "You've got yourself a Wallhack, you've got yourself an AimBot and you *STILL* suck. Try knitting."

Or something of that flavour. It's immensly satisfying. Same with Metroid: Hunters on the DS. The official WFC matches are filled with "haxxorz", but it feels SO GOOD to actually kill those n00blets fair and square and end up 2nd, even better when 1st.

3. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    That's what several YT comments pointed out as well.

4. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I've seen this guys videos. They're quite well made and enjoyable.

5. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Freddiew, DeStorm and Barelypolitical are teh b0mb!! Saw this video days ago, didn't think of posting it up here though lol.

6. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Its sad because its true...
    [​IMG]

7. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    See this video, by some other YouTuber (Posted 1 month ago so you might've seen it)

[youtube]5ncMxcoPNxw[/youtube]

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    ROFL! [​IMG]

I can't say I play much online FPS'es anymore. Since the success of half-life, it's always about realism, and I never saw the appeal in that. The upside of that is that in the games I played (UT, UT2004), hackers were rare. I don't think it was a good environment for them either, because fluid movement and dodge mechanics were almost as important as aiming, and even with a hack...less than half the weapons were hitscan (in other words: directly hit the target once the shot was fired), so even with perfect aim you could lose a match.

...and as it is with games with a smaller user base: there is a core of hardcore gamers that are extremely good, even without hacks. From the 2 games in which I was 100% sure there was a hacker, I won one of those (keep in mind that this was a 16-player server, so it was just a matter of racking up the frags on others and abusing the fact that he moved slower than a statue).

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    It's sad but true on Alteriwnet(MW2) atm [​IMG] There are a lot of hackers. Luckily some servers have votekick enabled or an admin that is ready, but some servers don't have any of those things and cheaters can just play freely there....