"Two young brothers who tortured a nine-year-old and an 11-year-old boy in a series of brutal assaults have admitted the "horror" attacks. Skip related content In a crime with chilling echoes of the James Bulger case, the elder victim pleaded to be left to die after his ordeal in Edlington, Doncaster, at the hands of the brothers, who were aged 10 and 11 at the time. At Sheffield Crown Court, the brothers admitted causing their victims grievous bodily harm with intent. They denied a more serious charge of attempted murder but the prosecution accepted their pleas and said there will be no trial. The boys will be sentenced at a later date after a series of reports have been prepared. Few details of the incident were given in court, but previous hearings were told the boys had been hit with sticks and bricks, one had a sink dropped on his head, one had a noose put round his head, the other was burned with a cigarette on his eyelids and ear. In April, a district judge was told the younger boy had a sharp stick rammed into his arm and cigarettes pushed into the gaping wound. Their tormentors tried to force the boys into performing sex acts on each other. The nine-year-old tried to ram a stick down his own throat after he was told to "go away and kill himself" by one of his tormentors, the hearing was told. The serious assaults happened after the brothers were led to a "desolate" spot on the edge of the former pit village of Edlington, near Doncaster, South Yorkshire, on April 4. The brothers were arrested after the nine-year-old boy was found wandering, covered in blood, and the 11-year-old - who is the younger boy's uncle - was then discovered unconscious in a nearby wooded ravine. Both injured boys have since been released from hospital. As well as the central charges of GBH with intent, each pleaded guilty to robbing one of the boys of a mobile phone and the other of cash. They also admitted two counts of intentionally causing a child to engage in sexual activity. The brothers were later charged with one count each of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent and making a threat to kill in connection with an attack on another 11-year-old boy in Doncaster on March 28 - a week before the main incident. The brothers denied these charges but each pleaded guilty to an alternative charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. This was also accepted by the prosecution." http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090903/tuk-y...ck-6323e80.html This story was big news a while back. It's reminiscent of the attack on James Bulger many years ago. The resulting charges are disgusting. The charges that were actually laid are nothing compared to the seriousness of the crimes the two kids committed. It shows what a joke our criminal system has become.