Not open for further replies.

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
Well I was wondering about my no signal output wiis and whether they have *the black screen of death* as some say.
They can and will insert and eject discs,

Is there any sort of fix out for this?.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Perhaps I'm reading the thread wrong, but it seems to me this isn't a question of help but simply out of curiosity: what IS a Black Screen Of Death exactly?

From what I can think up, it serves the same purpose as the classical Blue Screen of Death on windows: "something has gone wrong that isn't covered in any exception-handling of the wii".

And because it is so general, it's not something that has a single solution, because it can be caused by multiple things. Careless messing with the wii menu theme, installing the wrong kind of channels or wads, deleting the wrong IOS'es or doing something wrong when chaning the region are some ways to end in a black screen. If there's some sort of general fix about it, I'd say "undo the mess you've just made". Restoring a working NAND backup is your safest bet, but if you have bootmii, preloader or priiloader installed (and it still gets you into the HBC), you may be able to undo your fatal steps manually (e.g. uninstall that faulty wad).

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Yeah, and all of that stuff can be figured out by reading my tutorials. Theres no need to be posting threads asking what something is when it is already spelled out about all the scenarios and how to determine what the issue is. The info is out there and I have already pointed the OP to my threads before and he just seems to ignore them anyways.
You don't explain what it is.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the remote sync? Is there sound? You're wondering about you "wiis". You have more than one with the same fault? Have you tried another device on the TV input? Have you tried other cables? Have you done anything?? Regarding modding? Installed/uninstalled IOSes/WADs??

More info is needed.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be bad hardware from what i've read. I not sure but won't a bad bluetooth module cause a black screen?

deadlyfoez, i like your posts, you are very helpful, and i understand being frustrated with these questions over and over but cut the guy some slack. He just wants an answer and if you don't want to post it, then leave it be someone else will answer it, hopefully they give him bad advice and he screws up his project! thats what i rely on.

so if you can confirm some bad hardware causes the black screen i would like to know that.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black screen of death is just what 13 year old drama queens call a black screen so it sounds more dramatic. "...ooooo it has 'death' in the name, it must be important and scary. and it makes me sound smarter and important because i throw around phrases with 'death' in them". its just a stupid, plain-jane black screen. as they already said, there are several causes. a black screen can be caused by harmless things like turning off the tv. dont try to church it up by calling it death, or deadly.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i know that if i ever brick my wii and can't fix it, im sending it to deadlyfoez and as long as you dont want too much deadlyfoez i'll definitely happy to compensate you well
smile.gif
deadly has put alot of work into putting guides up about fixing a bricked wii, and if you'd just search you'd find out about many of your issues, instead of starting tons of threads about it. And i agree i almost think if someone else helps you and you get money from it, the person who helped you deserve compensation, since your making money from THEIR work.

edit: giantpune yeah black screening is very common lol sometimes my wii just black screens for no reason (turn it on nothing shows up) but a simple reset fixes it, there's tons of causes.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha yeah thats funny, i checked all his threads, majority of them are for fixing bricked wiis. It'd be hilarious if he fixed one sold it, then it broke again. thread "i fixed a bricked wii sold it and now its bricked again anybody help?" i go overboard with protection on my wii
smile.gif
got bootmii as boot2, nand backed up, priiloader, and since i use uloader, i no longer write saves to my real nand, and all my vc/wiiware is in uloader as well. Also i thought this was hilarious cause neogamma tells it like it is (quote from one of his posts) "It says you're stupid when I try neogamma r8"

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
black screen of death is just what 13 year old drama queens call a black screen so it sounds more dramatic. "...ooooo it has 'death' in the name, it must be important and scary. and it makes me sound smarter and important because i throw around phrases with 'death' in them". its just a stupid, plain-jane black screen. as they already said, there are several causes. a black screen can be caused by harmless things like turning off the tv. dont try to church it up by calling it death, or deadly.
Also, "*insert fault here* of death" is a Microsoft problem, not Nintendo.

NB: "*insert fault here*" = Blue screen/Red ring

Now people try to make up faults. Ohhh!! I've got a black screen! ...Of death!!! No. Just turn the TV on...
tongue.gif

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
...And theres plenty more.

Like I said, he is added to the list with wiihacker3000 and steve007. I've made my point.
Holy crap. While reading through this thread, I was thinking to myself that you need to shut up... but wow. After seeing that, the "Wii Failman" needs to shut up, not you.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know it was that ugly bro.

About the bluetooth module, I thought I read it somewhere and it must have been from your guide. If any craziness happens with my wii, your thread is the first I will go to.

Flame on brother, flame on.

BTW I'd contact you as well if my wii dies somehow to see if it can be fixed, and if you can do it I'd pay for it to be done.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're a real hardware genius, Deadly. Good thing I'll never have to use your well-written tutorials (caution with the Wii is the best approach IMO- better safe and needless of a guide than careless and I'll need it.)

I'm sure you've heard all the praises but here's another toast to you.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if somone is making money from fixing wii's and has the audacity to ask for help here why are people helping him, if he is charging to fix them then he should have some clue on how to fix them.

I dont like people who stand on the shoulder of others esspecially when money comes into it

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We all got the picture what kind of person thread author is..
I only hope he'll try to read stickies and search fro answer prior to making threads in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@