Hacking The 1.63 update fried my card thread

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you need FlashMe to boot the recovery program via WMB.
I have a feeling the makers of the Supercard probably aren't going to fix the cards they broke. The question is, why didn't they TEST the update on all models, especially if they were planning to break stuff?
hate2.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a feeling the makers of the Supercard probably aren't going to fix the cards they broke. The question is, why didn't they TEST the update on all models, especially if they were planning to break stuff?
hate2.gif
On the official forum after the 1.63b that supports CB chip came out, they said they would replace any broken SuperCards (legit with CB chip) in China.

I don't know about the rest of the worlds though...

Mastershredder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm very happy right now. Here's GOOD NEWS for people who bricked their supercard CB models.

I found my old EZFlash II cart and wrote the flashmp.nds to it after patching with ndsloader.

I plugged in the AC adapter and booted up from the EZ2 cart and got the flashmp program running.

I switched to the supercard and held down L + R + Up and reflashed it to 1.52.

Then I downloaded the new 1.63B bin file and was able to flash to the latest version. Everything is working great now!!!

I'm very happy! So there IS hope!
biggrin.gif

Ysx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had you experienced any problems with the DS resetting when inserting the SC? Can't get past that. Maybe it's different DS firmware - mine's v3.

I want to be happy too
smile.gif

Mastershredder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had you experienced any problems with the DS resetting when inserting the SC? Can't get past that. Maybe it's different DS firmware - mine's v3.

I want to be happy too
smile.gif

Mine was restarting when I switched the supercard until I plugged it in. I have flashme installed and it kept restarting.. I put in my superkey and held select while powering on, then launched the DS game so superkey ran. After superkey booted, my ezflash II cart loaded flashmp and I was able to swap it without the power going off. I'm not sure if it was the superkey or having it plugged in that made it work, but it did it so I don't care how it worked
smile.gif

BTW, flashmp will restore the firmware to 1.52. Just load up the new 1.63b bin on the card and restore in GBA mode. Everything's working great now. Maybe i'll make a new thread to get anyone's attention who is in the same situation.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i for the first time plugged my supercard ds into my ndsl with the firmwrae update (supposedly 1.63b) and not i cant even get it to say anything just two white screensWTF someone please help me

Chibrou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I want to be happy too
smile.gif

Mine was restarting when I switched the supercard until I plugged it in. I have flashme installed and it kept restarting.. I put in my superkey and held select while powering on, then launched the DS game so superkey ran. After superkey booted, my ezflash II cart loaded flashmp and I was able to swap it without the power going off. I'm not sure if it was the superkey or having it plugged in that made it work, but it did it so I don't care how it worked
smile.gif

BTW, flashmp will restore the firmware to 1.52. Just load up the new 1.63b bin on the card and restore in GBA mode. Everything's working great now. Maybe i'll make a new thread to get anyone's attention who is in the same situation.

Well, i tried with the ds plugged and it's still rebooting when I put the supercard in.
I can't try with the superkey, mine is far away from me.
I guess the only solution is to have the flashmp.nds in a .scu form.
The good news is that the supercard is not really dead, there's still hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udtLKxVZc5Y