That Dragon Cancer

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by LightyKD, Jan 15, 2016.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    If you don't know what this game is, watch the trailer below...

This game deals with the subject matter of a family's struggle with cancer. Some people on Steam are having huge debates about the game but there is one thing that's true for me. I REFUSE to pirate this game and plan to buy it from OUYA's "Discover" store soon, as most (if not all) proceeds from the OUYA/Forge TV version goes to cancer research. Anyone else planning to buy this game? What are your thoughts?

2. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Why don't you just use all the money that you would have used to buy the "game" and donate it directly to cancer research? "Games" that deal with personal issues are ALWAYS garbage. Don't waste your money. Just donate directly.

pwsincd and Deboog like this.
  3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Kotaku review said the game was amazing and very powerful: http://kotaku.com/that-dragon-cancer-knocked-me-on-my-ass-1752331757

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    You forget, I'm a huge OUYA supporter. I always planned on getting the game. When Razer announced that proceeds were going to cancer research, that became icing on the cake for me.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. dfsa3fdvc1

dfsa3fdvc1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2015
    Albania
    People talking about games they've never played always ALWAYS have the best opinions.

EDIT: [​IMG]

Last edited by dfsa3fdvc1, Jan 15, 2016
    LightyKD likes this.
  6. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I read the Kotaku review. The "game" is 2 hours long, and is totally scripted with minor point and click sections. This isn't a game. It's an interactive movie or something similar. Also, keep in mind that they still need to cover the overhead costs of production. If not enough people buy this "game," no money will go to charity.