• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a bit too early for this poll, but anyway, I vote on OUYA, it is useless and the devs thinks they can pull an Apple Store instance with that thing.
To be honest, I don't like the PS4 controller, maybe it is the lack of a START/SELECT button, RIP classic features. :(

It has a start and select button. The select button is pushing down on the touchpad.

MaartenMx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's too early in the lifespan as everyone says, but I voted for Ouya. Because it's not much of a real gaming console at all with a horrible launch and rarely support from any side I think it's easy to say it's the worst console. Any nut-head saying any of the other three are bad are rather dumb. Each console except Ouya has great potential(even de Wii U yes)

Especially the Wii U!
--

This Gen with such a "small" graphics upgrade for PS and XBOX compared to the great gap between previous generations. Maybe this will finally let people choose gameplay over graphics.

PS4 is only a hype because of the "great" graphics while it gets easily outperformed by a 450$ PC. I'm not saying the gameplay is bad on the other consoles, I just think PS4 is too much focused on graphics while XBOX one, well.. (TV, TV, TV!) Ouya is just shit.

-1 Ouya
-1 Xbox one
0 PS4
+1 Wii U

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right: read the second sentence under the rules. The word I want us to focus on is the last one: "was". This generation is not over. We can't determine which console was the worst; we can only speculate. But I do think that if Nintendo doesn't do something that will let them recover some of the half a billion dollars they reported to have lost, then they will most likely lose this generation. Please, I appeal to you as a gamer: go out and buy a Wii U if you haven't already (unless you're financially challenged like Nintendo). Nintendo needs the support and the best candidates for this are the fans.

Reactions: NahuelDS

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sony P$4? oh yes, let's just remove all the backward compatibility all together, just so they can re-sell games at $80 a pop or something heinous in some collection re-release like they tried to do with neutered PS3's. Honestly, the only reason I'd even halfway consider dropping money on this piece of crap is out of fear they'll find some way to neuter the PS4 even worse on a slim version, because as we all know, Sony revisionizes stuff like it's a sexual fetish for them. "oh yessss! make it smaller! weaker! impotent fools!" Krazy Ken and Kaz should commit hara kiri and get it over with. Let's not forget all the post-launch lies, like how they were going to make it easier for people to record their footage, when in practice every game has that ICT crap so that recording with any external gear is flat out impossible. How about the stupid light bar on the controllers, that is supposedly meant for a VR add-on that will very likely flop?
Do you like do research before posting something? Because it doesn't seem like you do. At all.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I mean a physical button for them. :P
I haven't had much experience with a PS4 so far, I only played it once in my uncle's house.

Yeah, the touchpad is both tactile and physical. You can use it to drag things with your finger like a touchscreen, but it is also physically clickable like a mouse button. It is a pretty neat feature for a controller and stategy games would work well with it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think it is a bit too early for this poll, but anyway, I vote on OUYA, it is useless and the devs thinks they can pull an Apple Store instance with that thing.
To be honest, I don't like the PS4 controller, maybe it is the lack of a START/SELECT button, RIP classic features. :(

The PS4 controller is pretty comfy, big and definitely comparable to an Xbox controller, despite they both have different layouts.

I wish PS4 had BC for PS1, PS3, PS3 and PSP to use the PS4 controller at its fullest rather than limited functions, it works for some games on PS3.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Reading this thread is getting increasingly sad. People really don't do their homework, do they? :mellow:

Sony could have made a Limited Edition PS4 for $600/$700 which there'd definitely be people buying it so at least people couldn't claim Sony didn't make a PS4 that played BC without being digitally streamed or whatever.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sony could have made a Limited Edition PS4 for $600/$700 which there'd definitely be people buying it so at least people couldn't claim Sony didn't make a PS4 that played BC without being digitally streamed or whatever.
I don't think you understood their intention whatsoever, so I'll say what has been said a million times since the system's launch. Neither the Xbox 360 nor the PS3 are anywhere close to retiring - both systems received their budget iterations alongside the launch of their current generation siblings, the Xbox One and the PS4. If you have any interest in Xbox 360 and PS3 software, you just play them on those systems - they're going to be kept alive for the next 2 years at least and will become more and more affordable.

The reasons why there is no backwards compatibility on separate chips are very simple - it would convolute the PCB's, it would create cooling problems, it would inflate the price for adopters, it would make the system humongous and it would literally require both companies to come up with two separate designs of one system, one of these designs would sell poorly due to the entry price of $600+.

If you think that such a Deluxe edition would sell, okay, fine - perhaps it would sell a few units. I'm willing to wager that it wouldn't cover the cost of manufacturing it and the route Sony and Microsoft went, meaning releasing budget editions of their last generation systems, is a superior move. As it stands today, you can have both last and current generation compatibility for $399 + $250 = $649 if you still don't have a PS3/360 for whatever reason. Everybody else who already has those systems prefers to pay less, which is reflected by the mindblowing sales of both systems.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think that such a Deluxe edition would sell, okay, fine - perhaps it would sell a few units. I'm willing to wager that it wouldn't cover the cost of manufacturing it and the route Sony and Microsoft went, meaning releasing budget editions of their last generation systems, is a superior move. As it stands today, you can have both last and current generation compatibility for $399 + $250 = $649 if you still don't have a PS3/360 for whatever reason. Everybody else who already has those systems prefers to pay less, which is reflected by the mindblowing sales of both systems.

Also... every dollar Sony spent on making one of these special PS4s would be a dollar not spent on making regular PS4s. The regular PS4s are in hot demand right now. Why would they waste the money and time on something that people, generally, aren't demanding and have clear alternatives to?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also... every dollar Sony spent on making one of these special PS4s would be a dollar not spent on making regular PS4s. The regular PS4s are in hot demand right now. Why would they waste the money and time on something that people, generally, aren't demanding and have clear alternatives to?
Beause appeasing the BC fans is really important and this 1% fraction of the total userbase who considers this a make-or-break argument totally needs their attention*. :rolleyes:

*Not.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's the whole point of "Limited Edition". Make 20 or less and call it a day.
You don't seem to realize the amount of work making a "deluxe edition" with additional CPU's and a firmware that makes use of them involves. It's not exactly like a paint job, we're talking about millions in sheer expenses just to make this thing, "20 or less units" doesn't really cover that. They can't exactly put the two machines next to each other and chant "kiss, kiss, kiss", hoping that a consolidated PCB cames out of this, they need to incorporate one console in the other, then create a manufacturing line specifically for that, write firmware for it, test it etc. - this kind of thing doesn't cost peanuts and if it's not going to rake in profit it's nonsensical to do it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I get that it'd be expensive but it wouldn't be a complete loss for Sony as they'd make it in very small units and everyone knows that Nintendo World Championship cartridge alone costs thousands of dollars which you could buy a car with that money instead.

If there were a console to become rare and cost thousands then it'd be LE-PS4.

10-20 units aren't really a lot so perhaps they could allow people to bid how much they'd be willing to pay for it and we know how ridiculously high auctions can get. $2000..? Maybe, who knows.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I get that it'd be expensive but it wouldn't be a complete loss for Sony as they'd make it in very small units and everyone knows that Nintendo World Championship cartridge alone costs thousands of dollars which you could buy a car with that money instead.

10-20 units aren't really a lot so perhaps they could allow people to bid how much they'd be willing to pay for it and we know how ridiculously high auctions can get. $2000..? Maybe, who knows.

Or instead of paying $2000 for a console they could just, y'know, buy a PS3. Or 10 PS3s.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

They could price the system at $1.000.000 and still lose money, you don't realize the sheer costs of creating a production line for this sort of thing or the cost of consolidating the two devices into one, it's R&D all over again and it just wouldn't work following the model you propose. The only way that kind of a system would sell would be selling it at a huge loss as a deluxe edition and neither Sony nor Microsoft wants to lose money on this sort of thing (because inevitably they would lose money, and lots of it). It's the beginning of a new generation - either keep your old system to play your old games or move on. For all intents and purposes you should be happy that next generation systems are as cheap as they are rather than complaining. I personally wouldn't pay an extortionist price for a deluxe PS4 because I already have a PS3 so there's no point in me overpaying, I don't see how this is so hard to grasp.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

You realize those thousands of dollars that Nintendo World Championship is worth today doesn't go towards Nintendo whenever someone buys one from a collector or at a shop... right?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You realize those thousands of dollars that Nintendo World Championship is worth today doesn't go towards Nintendo whenever someone buys one from a collector or at a shop... right?
I don't think he does, seeing that it was not a commercially sold product and the extortionist value comes from its limited run and is set solely by collectors... but hey, that's besides the point. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...