Hacking Textures on Dios Mios

jgalvan100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does dios mios support custom textures? If I wanted to play The Wind Waker with the textures I have on Dolphin in Dios Mios, would it work?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS is only a way to redirect the disc access to another device (SD or USB), load an iso or an extracted filesystem of the game.
the Wii is launched in gamecube mode and there's no "on the fly" texture replacement.

If you want to replace textures, you need to do it manually, replacing the files in the extracted game format. But I suppose not all pictures are in their own files, there are certainly packages of multiple textures in a single big file, so you will have to find a way to create such package to replace them.
And you will certainly be limited by the memory of the console (you can't add high-res textures, you are limited to the same size)

jgalvan100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS is only a way to redirect the disc access to another device (SD or USB), load an iso or an extracted filesystem of the game.
the Wii is launched in gamecube mode and there's no "on the fly" texture replacement.

If you want to replace textures, you need to do it manually, replacing the files in the extracted game format. But I suppose not all pictures are in their own files, there are certainly packages of multiple textures in a single big file, so you will have to find a way to create such package to replace them.
And you will certainly be limited by the memory of the console (you can't add high-res textures, you are limited to the same size)

Okay, thanks for your answer. I'll try to replace the textures and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol