Testing a ban

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by hundshamer, Mar 8, 2010.

Mar 8, 2010

Testing a ban by hundshamer at 1:44 PM (1,485 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. hundshamer
    OP

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have a 360 that has a BenQ with IX 1.61. I have tested all my games with and played wave 4+ ripped with a Kreon drive that didn't verify on ABGX as the waves weren't recognized. I have not put it online since the hack so I'm not even sure that Xval 2.0 can detect if I'm banned because of whats in the NAND. Is there any way to test it? The reason being is I want to put IX LT for BenQ on it to play on Live. However if it is banned there is no point.

2. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. skydoune

Newcomer skydoune Advanced Member

Canada
    If you can't request a repair because your console is already registered (bought it used), you can always enable write protection on the nand chip, though you gotta be pretty good with a soldering iron.

Fortunately, there's an easier spot to solder under the board instead of directly on the chip
    [​IMG]

You gotta ground that spot. Basically, if your soldering is right and ms bans you, you'll get the "you're banned mofo" message popping up but nothing changes after you restart your console. Just remember to disable that write protection for future offline updates or even changing some system settings.

4. hundshamer
    OP

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I am interested in write protecting my Jtagged box however, is ther a way to reverse this in case of an update to XBReboot? Can software like Flash360 still work?

As far as checking the box with LT I removed all storage devices, and did a test for the Xbox Live connection. Press "Y" for status and if you see "Z: 8015-190D" then you are banned.

EDIT: One more question. Which motherboard is that as I have a Falcon?

5. skydoune

Canada
    Dunno but did this to my falcon and it worked. You could always remove the wire to get this to the ground if you wanna update xbr or build a switch to turn write protection on and off.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    edit: way too late but I will leave it up.

There is next to no point in write protecting a JTAG board in my opinion- just keep a backup and be ready to restore it (if at all). To answer your other question NAND writing will be disabled though- it is a hardware level protection.
    For the truly paranoid I guess you could disable the rt63 resistor and install an already banned keyvault and sideline the existing one.

As for reversing you are only grounding the pin- install a SPST switch (or pretty much anything other than a toggle switch) so you can enable stuff at will.

The other/main diagram: http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/NWP_diagram/NWP.png I am not sure what skydoune's one is but I reckon it is common to all 360s.

7. skydoune

Canada
    it's an alternate point, much easier than try soldering something to that chip's leg