Test-Tube Burgers Ready By Fall

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I don't wanna eat food that's not from a real animal. If it's supposed to be meat, then it has to be specific-- cow meat, fish meat, chicken meat, but no in vitro meats please.

also, reminds me of that roguelike POWDER.

You cast Stone to Flesh! The wall collapses into a huge hunk of meat.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't wanna eat food that's not from a real animal. If it's supposed to be meat, then it has to be specific-- cow meat, fish meat, chicken meat, but no in vitro meats please.

also, reminds me of that roguelike POWDER.

You cast Stone to Flesh! The wall collapses into a huge hunk of meat.
I'm not sure you know how this works.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
If it's supposed to be meat, then it has to be specific-- cow meat, fish meat, chicken meat,

You just brought up a reason why I would actually accept this sort of meat.

Cheap tuna sushi FOREVER.
here's the problem. stem cells, from what i assume it to be, are the cells that basically have no blueprint yet. they don't know if they're gonna be muscle, lean meat, cartilage, bone, or in the bloodstream. cultivated and made to grow, all you'll have is a mass of tissue that you can't identify because it never came from a living creature (but merely derived from one).

so no, no Tuna sushi because it wouldn't have the texture of tuna.

of course, that's unless them scientists have figured out how to make a buncha stem cell grow into, say, a 60-kilo chunk of sirloin or back ribs. they'd have to know how to manipulate the stem cells into growing realistically like it would in a real animal.

EDIT: looking back at the first post, i see they were able to make skeletal muscle tissue... how about texture? how about firmness? even if they grow real muscle tissues, it would be real soft because it's never been used, EVER.

squishy steak. i don't think i like squishy steak.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitely not. It's always the same symptoms and always when eating something with huge amounts of MSG. I even tested cooking the same meal twice, one with and once without MSG.
That doesn't sound like a very standard way of testing if your reaction is due to MSG or not...Have someone else cook for you with a variable amount of MSG that they don't say. Say that even no MSG in both is available, or MSG in both. Maybe even have them lie about which plate may contain the MSG and which one doesn't. That would probably give more definite results rather than "I cooked two meals for myself, being fully aware that I put MSG in one of them and was thus expecting a certain outcome to occur".
Some of the tests I did produced the exact opposite result, of what I was expecting, that's why for now I would rule out that it's just a placebo effect. You right though, I should do some testing involving a second person, but for now I'll just avoid too much MSG.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of eating meat if it's fake?

You asked the right person.

You can modify plenty of recipes and meal plans that involve meat by subbing in meat alternatives. There's a whole range of "vegetarian meats" out there. Some of my friends says it tastes exactly the same (or even better) than normal meat, depending on the substance. Some of them say the veggie burgers, for example, are fantastic, but the cold cuts taste like cat food.

Also it's nice to know what a burger is like without having a burger. And here's a common situation: I go to a friend's house for some type of party. This happened a few months ago actually. My friend said it was gonna be some sort of grill thing over there (like burgers, hot dogs, etc), so I brought a package of veggie burgers to cook. They're just as easy to cook and in the end I could sit down with my friends and eat a burger instead of acting like a giant hassle or being the odd-man out.

Simply put, "vegetarian meats" give more options to vegetarians. Also they're damn tasty.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe its a ploy to make vegans eat meat

No vegan diet, no vegan powers
It's the Vegan Police!
tumblr_lypazhaUJC1qegw8v.gif
tumblr_lsberuSMYX1qlc95c.gif

But how am I supposed to order a burger 'rare' if it doesn't bleed? Stupid science. Always missing the important aspects.

What make you so sure there wouldn't be any blood in it?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flavor of meat is determined by what the animal eats. A grass fed animal will taste different than a corn or grain fed animal. This meat will definitely not share the same exact flavor as real meat for this reason alone.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
But how am I supposed to order a burger 'rare' if it doesn't bleed? Stupid science. Always missing the important aspects.
What make you so sure there wouldn't be any blood in it?
because chances are, the grown meat will be pure meat--no blood vessels, because it DOESN'T need them. because it's just cultivated tissue, it doesn't have a heart that pumps blood, and so have no need for blood vessels.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I became a vegan last summer. Not sure how I feel about this, but anything's better than using live cows, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: