Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/06/terraria-takes-on-modern-warfare-3-on-steam/
Interesting graph... though yeah that's mostly because of the 1.1 update (and the sale).

But it once again goes to show that you don't need to spend millions of dollars on your game to make a lot of sales... which is where a lot of companies seem to fail. They pump millions into games that suck at their core, but expect it to sell like the new CoD game because they spent a lot on it internally.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'd be a lot more impressive if most PC gamers with a brain didn't despise the CoD series on PC.

Still nice to see though. Terraria devs deserve the money. The game is quite fun, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more frequent updates. I'm all for taking their time to make sure everything is bug free...but it took several months to go from version whatever to 1.1. That's just a daunting update gap considering they don't want modder help.

Reactions: 2 people

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is quite fun, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more frequent updates. I'm all for taking their time to make sure everything is bug free...but it took several months to go from version whatever to 1.1. That's just a daunting update gap considering they don't want modder help.
To be fair, it was a pretty hefty content update and coming from Minecraft's plethora of new bugs per update I'm rather thankful they'd rather take their time.
We're also getting a holiday content patch on the 15th I believe so there's always that to look forward to if you're already done with all the new content.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree that it doesn't take billions to make a good game alongs the same line that the selling price of a game should be reduced as well as the effort to make the best looking games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Totally agree that it doesn't take billions to make a good game alongs the same line that the selling price of a game should be reduced as well as the effort to make the best looking games.

To be fair, MW3 probably cost a few pizzas and whatever it costs to print the hard copies of the game.
Considering it's MW2, but with 3's replacing every E possible so you can distinguish it from other CoD games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place