Terraria versus MW3 on Steam.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rydian, Dec 13, 2011.

Dec 13, 2011

Terraria versus MW3 on Steam. by Rydian at 4:25 AM (443 Views / 1 Likes) 4 replies

1. Rydian
    OP

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/06/terraria-takes-on-modern-warfare-3-on-steam/
    Interesting graph... though yeah that's mostly because of the 1.1 update (and the sale).

But it once again goes to show that you don't need to spend millions of dollars on your game to make a lot of sales... which is where a lot of companies seem to fail. They pump millions into games that suck at their core, but expect it to sell like the new CoD game because they spent a lot on it internally.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    It'd be a lot more impressive if most PC gamers with a brain didn't despise the CoD series on PC.

Still nice to see though. Terraria devs deserve the money. The game is quite fun, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more frequent updates. I'm all for taking their time to make sure everything is bug free...but it took several months to go from version whatever to 1.1. That's just a daunting update gap considering they don't want modder help.

2 people like this.
  3. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    To be fair, it was a pretty hefty content update and coming from Minecraft's plethora of new bugs per update I'm rather thankful they'd rather take their time.
    We're also getting a holiday content patch on the 15th I believe so there's always that to look forward to if you're already done with all the new content.

4. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Totally agree that it doesn't take billions to make a good game alongs the same line that the selling price of a game should be reduced as well as the effort to make the best looking games.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    To be fair, MW3 probably cost a few pizzas and whatever it costs to print the hard copies of the game.
    Considering it's MW2, but with 3's replacing every E possible so you can distinguish it from other CoD games.