TempTalk 2: Top 3 Games

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Battle Network are the ones that has heavy random encounter rate, right?
Sorry, me no big fan of mega man
tongue.gif
. Educate me!!!

kyrodon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't on a bus. I just have a terrible microphone.
And I realise how strange I sound, "laughing for hours", exagerating.
Also, I sound more English than usual when the podcast is full of Americans xD

As for the topic:
I'm despairing at the way video games are going now days, especially handhelds. It seems like the only reason people like them is because they have flashy graphics or because they're expensive and people want to brag to their friends. As for the gaming, I don't know, I mean, there's the occasional good one, (I'm hoping KH 3DS will be that for the 3DS) but the majority is just football(Soccer) or a shooting game. *cough*COD*cough*. Back to the console it seems like that as a console evolves, it just becomes more gimmicky. Mainly with nintendo, of course. So companies aren't really bringing anything knew anymore as opposed to slightly tweaking things. As for the Vita? I think it's a haven for sony fanboys. Who again will waste it on things such as sports, cars and shooting.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright I just finished listening to it and it was pretty good! I liked it better than the first one honestly because I got to hear everybody's vastly different gaming memories. Oh, the games I'd have talked about... Final Fantasy XII, Civ IV, Metroid Prime (I can't believe nobody mentioned Prime), etc. Also, the length was just fine and dandy. I listened to it over the past four-ish days and I didn't have any problem with the length of it all. Keeping it around an hour (give or take ten/twenty minutes) seems just fine to me.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I like the length. I often end up overwhelmed with shows to watch and podcasts to listen to, however, I still prefer the longer length and would prefer the show to be longer.

I do think that this second one dragged on a little bit because it was all just opinion on favourite games, where as I enjoyed the first one more because it was a thorough discussion, which I think the third episode will return to without problems.

I have no idea about my favourite game, either. I'm really picky when it comes to games, but despite hating a lot or getting overly frustrated with them, I also have lots of games that I like for different reasons. I don't think I could ever pick a favourite from so many.

And in response to next week's topic....

I'm super-excited for the Playstation Vita. I've always found handheld games to be fun, but they've never been comparable to a nice home console. Now, I can pretty much play PS3 on the go, and this, I think, will be a new evolution in handheld gaming.

The 3DS on the other hand, I don't think has caused the same evolution. Nintendo put all their eggs in one basket by stressing the 3D feature, motion controls etc. and that has let them down. I think that with all the new games coming out for the system and with the price drop now in full swing, that Nintendo will have better success with the 3DS going into 2012, but ultimately, I think the Vita will best it. That being said, I think the fact that the Vita requires separate proprietary memory sticks to be completely useful could hurt it just a little.

Overall, I think that the handheld gaming market and smartphone market will co-exist fairly well. Joystiq's interview with Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune summed this up well: in short, there will still be the difference between simplistic phone gaming and dedicated handheld gaming hardware, much like a professional digital camera compared to a mobile phone camera, but that gaming companies still should not ignore the booming smartphone industry.

zigzagoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Loved it. I think the length is good. I just turn it on and do homework or whatever.
I might record myself for next podcast.
But yeah, it's great. Mind having an Australian on?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How can anyone on your show not have played TES IV or Fallout 3? The games are great and already out for several years. You had the time to play them, how can you not?!

I agree about the stories of Fire Emblem, I'm a big big fan of Fire Emblem games (even played a few fanbased translations and fanhacks) but I just neglect the stories now. Always the same, ALWAYS, getting bored with them. Although I must say that fanhacks have some epic stories!

The length was good, anything between 1 - 2 hours is acceptable IMHO. I listened to this one in one go, even though you didn't recommend it. Still enjoyed myself, like usual. Great job.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify: should I prepare a voice recording for next podcast or will I be a guest? I want to know for sure exactly what's going on here. Either way I'm fine. By the way I'm writing a review of the 3DS post-launch (as opposed to when it was first released) along with some of my thoughts about how the future of the system looks. It should be published later today or tomorrow
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played