TempTalk 3: The Future of Handhelds

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by MR_COW, Sep 29, 2011.

Sep 29, 2011
  1. MR_COW
    OP

Member MR_COW GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

Direct MP3 link

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=459650985
    Or with a podcatcher using our RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/gbatempcast
    Follow us on Facebook!

Hello there! This week we discuss our thoughts on how the future of the handheld market will play out. We also got user submissions, so thanks to TCJJ and Kyrodon for their text submissions and BloodWolfJW for his audio submissions!

Next's week's topic will be Piracy! This topic is super broad, but some of the things we will be talking about are the history of Piracy, the effectiveness of DRM, and your thoughts on how Piracy effects all forms of media(movies, music, games). If the show goes too long, which is a very big possibility, we may do this topic for the next two weeks. Have an opinion? Let us know! The two ways of submitting are:

1) Sending us a voice clip. Keep it short, under 4-5 minutes preferably. You can either send an mp3 file of any quality to temptalkshow[at]gmail[dot]com, or send one
    through Vocaroo. Try to make it as good quality as possible, I can't use it if it poor sounding. Also, your english does not have to
    be the best! Foreigners welcome and I'd love to hear some of our non-American listeners.

2) Reply to this thread with something you'd like us to read on the show!

I'll post a reminder thread in a week, I hope to hear as many of you as possible. The submission deadline is October 8, 2011. Anything sent after that might be added if I get it before we record, but I can't guarantee it.

2. BloodWolfJW

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    I'm the guy whos name you don't know [​IMG]

3. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I do not think the 3DS Expansion Slide Pad would be that bad. I had Sock N' Rock for thew GBC and it was awesome.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. BloodWolfJW

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    That may be the greatest accessory ever. Period. If only that made stuff like that today.

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    With the audio submission, there was definitely a lot i wanted to say listening back to it, but i didn't really remember when we were recording, just fyi i didn't agree with alot that bloodwolfjw said.

lol, what is this? I wish I had tried this out.

6. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    I'll show up. When is the live thing again?

7. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    next friday, there should be a front page post up tomorrow

8. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
  9. Sloshy

Member Sloshy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really liked this episode [​IMG]. It had a lot of humor and I liked your opinion on portables, Mr. Cow, like how they should be all simple and tiny. I loved my DS Lite for that because of how simple yet fun all of the games on it were. I actually considered buying a Game Boy Micro at one point just because of how freakishly portable they were. Keep doing an awesome job, and I have quite a lot to say for the next episode so if you can give me a bit of a notice ahead of time when we'll be recording, that'd be very nice [​IMG]

By the way whoever picked the Mr. Brightside remix is awesome. I actually went to download it today and I found a few more interesting ones that could be intros or outros:

Coldplay - Clocks
    Coldplay - Viva la Vida
    Coldplay - Viva la Vida (by a different musician)
    Rebecca Black - Friday (oh dear...)
    Big Blue - F-Zero
    Goldenrod City (remix) - Pokemon Gold/Silver (oh my goodness, the nostalgia o_o)