United States
tt250.png

Direct MP3 link

QUOTE said:
Topic: Nintendo 3DS
Hosts: MR_COW, Scott-105, tinymonkeyt
Recorded: August 28, 2011

CREDITS:

Music - Sub-Woofer Special (http://8bc.org)(Intro: Float On)(Outro: Daylight)

Art - Wabsta

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=459650985
Or with a podcatcher using our RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/gbatempcast
Follow us on Facebook!

Happy 3DS Ambassador NES Games Day to you all! While you're celebrating getting The Legend of Zelda for free, why not throw this discussion we had about the current state and future of the platform in the background? Hope you guys enjoy it! And remember, please e-mail us your thoughts or write them in this thread, and we will discuss them in the next show!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't listened to this final version, but from what i remember it dragged on a bit, especially on the Games topic, felt like it could have been 20 minutes shorter

and tinymonkeyt's mic was pretty bad

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
haven't listened to this final version, but from what i remember it dragged on a bit, especially on the Games topic, felt like it could have been 20 minute shorter

Well this isn't going to go well if the one person who is....obligated to love us hates us :-(.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
haven't listened to this final version, but from what i remember it dragged on a bit, especially on the Games topic, felt like it could have been 20 minutes shorter

I've heard worse.

(Off Topic: Also look at your ava thread).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to sound overly negative, i just always try to find things that could improved, that's what i always focus on, just since i'm not telling it to myself i'm sharing it with you ;p

@KB thanks for the heads up

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just finished listening to it. Sounded like someone farted at 1:10:40
smileipb2.png

Bit too long for my liking but it was informative and I've learned a ton of things about the 3DS.

Would like to hear your opinion on the Vita, if possible.

Intro and outro are pretty well-made, same for the logo. Props to whoever was involved.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a every other week podcast, and while i will say it was a bit longer than it needed to be, an hour long podcast isn't too long, if it's too long for you then don't listen, no one is forcing you to

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your suggestions coming about topics, I love it! I was thinking for the next one maybe a "history of handheld gaming" episode. Going down a list of handheld consoles and talking about our experiances with them. Thoughts?

Urza said:
An hour long?

Are you fucking insane?

I'm always confused when you guys act like the sky is falling if a show is over 60 minutes. Podcasts come in all shapes and sizes, different release schedules and lengths. I know personally my two favorite podcasts are always 2-3 hours. I don't think 80 minutes is too long or too short, it's just the length of the show. It isn't like we filled it with useless babble just to get it that long, it's just how the discussion went. Plus, I don't really think this is meant to be listened to in one sitting. I mean you can, you're welcome to, but you're also welcome to listen to it 20 minutes while you're cleaning....another 20 on your drive to work/school, whatever.

I don't think it's a characteristic worth noting at all. And as Term said, it's every other week. Listen to 40 now, and 40 later! It isn't time sensitive material in this show at all.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MR_COW said:
I'm always confused when you guys act like the sky is falling if a show is over 60 minutes.
The optimal show length depends entirely on A) the subject matter(s) B) the format and C) the talent and knowledge of those involved. With amateur podcasts such as this, you absolutely need to condense the "quality content" as there just isn't enough of it. No offense, but you definitely don't have the charisma, or the keen insight, to substantiate a podcast discussing a single topic for this length of time. The whole "splitting the podcast up" doesn't make a lot of sense, and just seems like you're making the exact same mistake which has already killed the Tempcast twice.

Maybe I came off a little strong in the previous post. These are just suggestions.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll have to agree on the length. There may be a large community here, but I'm not going to listen to an hour plus podcast from inexperienced individuals just because it's a part of GBAtemp. Give me a reason to listen before you strap me in for a long ride. You should try to keep your podcasts absolutely no longer than 30 minutes for now. I liken it to those trying to express creativity on youtube.

Using Call of Duty montages as an example, just because my friend has had me watch so many of them. I would never watch a 15 or 20 minute montage from some person who hasn't shown me anything they can do yet, but I will gladly sit down and watch a montage of that length from a well known individual that has earned their audience. Not the perfect example, but I'm sure you see the point I'm trying to get across. You have to start small, build a fan base, extend length from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1