Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
tezzytuffstufffind.squarespace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well ever sense i upgraded to windows ultimate 7 (illegally) my computer been log in in on a temporary log in user this month on the 4th an today watever u wanna call it i just cant access my files when this happen i usual restore my computer an it goes back to normal anyway im tired of this problem happening so i wanna downgrade back to my orignal windows starter settings. how to do this someone tell me ??

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
what are the options on the log on screen?
Its a regular log in but instead of it saying welcome it say preparing your desktop an thats when it logs in on a temporary log in user.

Ps.Thanks for the spell check moderators
toot.gif

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
try selecting switch user. or log off.
There's only one user an logging off fix everything expect with me having to do a system restore some programs aren't installed on here anymore more but i see there folders but its empty i having felling this is going to happen again sense it happen twice now can anyone tell me how to get back to starter plus this is a notebook so it had starter already installed on it.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
what upgrade did you mean? from starter to pro or something, or from vista/xp?

what folders are empty? also, right click the folders and select properties, check the folder size.

is it saying a guest account?

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
what upgrade did you mean? from starter to pro or something, or from vista/xp?

what folders are empty? also, right click the folders and select properties, check the folder size.

is it saying a guest account?
Ok this should explain everything it started happen this month i shut down my computer an wake up an try to log on out of the blue it says preparing desktop anyways after its done preparing i been log on with a temporary user i get a lil message at on the task bar which say u been logged on to a temporary user an logging off will delet everthing somthing like that so i be scared to log off so i system restore an that usual fixes stuff what i wanna know ishow to get this to stop happening i have programs that clean an fix regisrtry problems which i'm running right now ion don know why this keeps happening but here's a link to a discussion people was having about the same problem if u don still fully understand an when it log on to the temporary user none of files are present or accessible

LINK :http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/5ec0b949-effa-4e30-ba09-dc948a4c7a8b

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
You may not like this, but a surefire way is to re-install Windows.
But i have a notebook an starter was already installed just updated to ultimate i didn t get no messages from microsoft sayin my ultimate upgrade wasn't valid or a beta even tho i did it illegally .

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Your user folder got corrupted so windows is making a temporary one.

C:\Users\

Go there, find your normal user folder, and back up your stuff out of it, then make a new user account and move your stuff back into it. Programs that were installed only into your account (and not all users) may need to be reinstalled.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holified 2x said:
Im bout to restore my computer back to last month would this fix this problem as well cause it it started happening this month\

An when i tried to back up it said something about back up being disabled

You can't perform system restores with the temporary account. Follow the instructions provided above. You need to edit the registry to restore the necessary profile.

Also as a side note you might want to reconsider your 'illegal' upgrade and go legit.

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Holified 2x said:
Im bout to restore my computer back to last month would this fix this problem as well cause it it started happening this month\

An when i tried to back up it said something about back up being disabled

You can't perform system restores with the temporary account. Follow the instructions provided above. You need to edit the registry to restore the necessary profile.

Also as a side note you might want to reconsider your 'illegal' upgrade and go legit.
Its not on the temporary account anymore back on my account an then i restored to last month before all the problems started happening so far so good just my display be setup back to the original aero theme

Holified 2x

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
so it's okay now?
Yes ii restarted to make sure just some programs are gone an nozoomer cheats missing

Posts merged

QUOTE(Narayan @ Jun 7 2011, 04:53 PM) so it's okay now?
Yes ii restarted to make sure just some programs are gone an nozoomer cheats missing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)