Tempmas 2009 Starting!

n8littlefield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crud - I was entering contest 4 and just put my writing in the body of the email instead of attaching a txt file. Am I allowed to re-submit the entry in the correct format?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Psyfira said:
I want to play too! I'm not going to enter the prize draw this year, but I love these community graphics tasks so I'll chuck something in the thread. I have this awesome idea coming together in my head, but whether I'll be able to get it on paper or not is a challenge in itself and I find challenges fun.
smile.gif
I will steal your idea, Psyfira.
Not really planning on joining the contests too.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
it says here
"Send your entry by e-mail to tm.*@gbatemp.net, where * is to be replaced by the number of the competition you are submitting your entry to (1=graphics, 2=video, 3=music, 4=writing). You must send 1 e-mail per entry, each to the correct address. An e-mail containing multiple entries will be disregarded. You may only send one entry per competition, but you are allowed to enter all four competitions. Please include your GBAtemp member name in the email! If you don't, we will not be able to identify your account if you happen to be part of the winning entries."

it says "1=graphics, 2=video, 3=music, 4=writing" but on the main page with the drawings and everything it says : "1.Graphic Competition , 2.Music Competition , 3.Video Competition , 4.Poem/writing Competition"

well.. Where am I supposed to send my entry to? (Music)

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ducky said:
it says here
"Send your entry by e-mail to tm.*@gbatemp.net, where * is to be replaced by the number of the competition you are submitting your entry to (1=graphics, 2=video, 3=music, 4=writing). You must send 1 e-mail per entry, each to the correct address. An e-mail containing multiple entries will be disregarded. You may only send one entry per competition, but you are allowed to enter all four competitions. Please include your GBAtemp member name in the email! If you don't, we will not be able to identify your account if you happen to be part of the winning entries."

it says "1=graphics, 2=video, 3=music, 4=writing" but on the main page with the drawings and everything it says : "1.Graphic Competition , 2.Music Competition , 3.Video Competition , 4.Poem/writing Competition"

QUOTE(MegaAce™ @ Dec 13 2009, 06:33 AM) The Music competition is still the second one, they sure just did a mistake there.

And also can the mod clear this up? I'm kinda confused too.
wacko.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nitro Edd said:
Shiro786 said:
Nitro Edd said:
D: really? gota be jpg UGGHHH, i hate jpg

request permission to submit mine as a .png as it will be a smaller file size and better quality.

portable network graphics (png) can vary in size; it is not necessary that .png files are smaller sizes then joint photographics groups (jpg, or jpeg), especially dealing with files >5 mb, or if a picture's "canvas" size is huge as hell.

you do not understand what I am saying.

my submission WILL be a smaller file size and WILL be of better quality, I understand how a lossless file type works. The colour depth WILL be less than 50 so being a .png it will be a small file in comparison to a .jpg

dont attempt to correct me

and if it is a .jpg the image quality will be horrible

I still request to use a .png as my submission piece. or an unanimated .gif will also produce the same result (but not as small)

lolololol, Bitchy New Zealander, Follow the rules. Theres a reason its .jpg only, So everyone is on an equal playing field, So live with it

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
punkyrule said:
Ducky said:
it says here

MegaAce™ said:
The Music competition is still the second one, they sure just did a mistake there.

And also can the mod clear this up? I'm kinda confused too.
wacko.gif

I've fixed it up. 2=music and 3=video. Sorry for the mistake.

QUOTE(Lubbo @ Dec 14 2009, 11:23 AM)
well i just completed and sent my music entry to [email protected] is this correct??

Re-send it again to 2 and explain the mix up.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nitro Edd said:
Shiro786 said:
Nitro Edd said:

request permission to submit mine as a .png as it will be a smaller file size and better quality.

portable network graphics (png) can vary in size; it is not necessary that .png files are smaller sizes then joint photographics groups (jpg, or jpeg), especially dealing with files >5 mb, or if a picture's "canvas" size is huge as hell.

my submission WILL be a smaller file size and WILL be of better quality, I understand how a lossless file type works. The colour depth WILL be less than 50 so being a .png it will be a small file in comparison to a .jpg

I still request to use a .png as my submission piece. or an unanimated .gif will also produce the same result (but not as small)
Dude, you can't even enter, you don't even have 100 posts.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
playallday said:
Nitro Edd said:
Shiro786 said:
Nitro Edd said:

I don't think theres any restriction to enter, at least I didn't see one.
unsure.gif

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it have to be in English? I could compose a song with english lyrics, but i'd feel more comfortable writing it in spanish.
I'm participating either way.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
MegaAce™ said:
playallday said:
Nitro Edd said:
Shiro786 said:
Nitro Edd said:

I don't think theres any restriction to enter, at least I didn't see one.
unsure.gif

It doesn't say anywhere in Costello's opening post that there's any kind of post count restriction for people who want to enter.

facepalm.gif

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Veristical Blaze said:
I do think there is some kind of post restriction, 'cuz people can enter more then one time with more accounts or people who only register for competition. that kind of things is what GBAtemp wants to shield himself for i think.

Good point.
But they could look at the IP Adress, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay