< Previous comic | Next comic >

16.jpg

< Previous comic | Next comic >

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still not sold on the idea that the VirtualBoy is a handheld rather then a console which comes with its own monitor :unsure:
It only operates in the tabletop mode. Where is the hand part beside the controller which is like a normal console controller.

Last edited by VitaType,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a console.
They marketed it as a console and said that was a console with the plus of taking it out.
If I market a donut as a health snack, does that make it a health snack?

Point is - if it quacks like a duck

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not, the switch is both but it was marketed as a console first and a handheld second. So it belongs in the consoles shelf.
But my point is this. Just because Nintendo might market it as a console - that doesn't make it one. It's kinda like how the virtual boy was marketed as a handheld but was essentially a home console.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who just buys a brand new console to never play it? :unsure:
Basically everybody that got a Wii, Wii U or 3ds.
Can't play when there are no games.

It's a console.
They marketed it as a console and said that was a console with the plus of taking it out.
Is that like the time when the DS was not a replacement for the GBA? Or when there was no new revision for [insert any number of their items]?
But anyway it is a self contained unit that does not have any official or notable software which only works, or experiences significant functionality differences, in docked mode. One you can walk about with happily enough. Says handheld to me.

Reactions: x65943 and AlanJohn

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically everybody that got a Wii, Wii U or 3ds.
Can't play when there are no games.

Is that like the time when the DS was not a replacement for the GBA? Or when there was no new revision for [insert any number of their items]?
But anyway it is a self contained unit that does not have any official or notable software which only works, or experiences significant functionality differences, in docked mode. One you can walk about with happily enough. Says handheld to me.
dont forget that the switch wasnt a replcement for wii u :P

Reactions: x65943

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
basically yes.
I've seen them changing his approach and now show the switch more like a handheld that can be easily connected to a tv rather than the oposite. more than likely to try to "compete" in the handheld market (that has no rivals) instead of the console one because they know they'll lose miserably to microsoft and sony there.
But they haven't explicitly said that the switch is a handheld either, so the console first, handheld second ideology still stands.

Site & Scene News

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill