Not open for further replies.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiinewz sucks
tongue.gif

And yeah, that's another thing I find annoying, people posting in GBATemp about what dispicable creatures pirates are. Newsflash, the front page of GBATemp reports stuff like "Found a patch for pirating GTA:CW", "OH NOES PIRACY IS BEING COMBATTED" and release lists of everything that's been dumped. And don't even TRY that bullshit with "Oh yeah, it's for people who want LEGAL backups", seriously the only reason I can see that someone would want a backup loader for other than piracy is GH customs. I have hundreds of legitimate discs and I've never had one break. Whoever says they need to make backups is a moron, just take care of your stuff ffs. The whole infrastructure of the site is based on piracy. Hell, this is a wii hacking forum, what do people expect?

Edit: Oh and by the way, Tantric wasn't banned. He was just asked not to post about emulators on tehskeen anymore.

fukseliten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nope , He was banned from #tehskeen IRC on efnet where he was an operator .
Brakk3n didnt ban him from the site , but he wont post there anymore.

Tantric´s words :
"brakken has told me that I am not to post regarding the emulators on tehskeen. That is, effectively, a ban. So, you won't see me making any further posts regarding them (or answering any questions). I won't be following the emulator discussion here either. I will, however, be following the discussion on the WiiBrew forums from now on."

Brakk3n´s words :
"Tantric isn't welcomed here because:

(1) He lied about keeping TehSkeen's URL in-tact
(2) He makes it possible for sites that dislike TehSkeen to source without having to link to TehSkeen
(3) He trash talked TehSkeen saying we don't contribute to his emulators

I don't give two flying fucks about the number of hits I get from his releases and if you really want things to get back to the way "they were" then you will talk Tantric into using TehSkeen as the primary release source and remove the binaries from Google code. That's how it was before he even showed up. Tantric is swaying the same way as most of the other Wii dev's have before, during, after and now during Marcan's return. Marcan has an anti-TehSkeen agenda which has spread among the Wii coding scene and Tantric for the most part, from what I've seen in #wiidev has the same views.

@ Tantric - Good, go to the wiibrew forums for support on your emulators. Have fun with their NO ROM talk rule."

No point going to Skeen anymore . Just a evil admin with no respect for the community itself . Only worried about his Ego.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what has been said on #wiidev that pissed Brakken so much ???
this is fuckin' useless drama as always, I can't believe it can go so far for a stupid forgotten URL

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yesterday night mercan started to rant about brakken on #bootmii. just for a little and the same stuff as usual. but some others jump in and flamed about the xanax incident and that he can't do anything right. i guess that's not the only occasion ss like this happens and i would be pissed too.

but for the biggest part i have to agree with slim. everybody should get a little bit more relaxed.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreeing with slim

some people are getting way too serious about whats going on in a small online community(and thats what all this is) and need to just chill out and take a step back.

fukseliten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick recap of tehskeen´s history :

Tehskeen was original Softdev´s developing site for Gamecube homebrew emulating.
The great developer Softdev is the guy who MADE the emulators that Tantric and eke-eke are maintaining today.

When Softdev left the community in the late GC homebrew / early Wii homebrew days He gave the site to Brakk3n . Brakk3n first shut it down probably because of lack of hits then he reopened with something called Brakk3n.net as a cookie to get up his hits again . brakk3n.net was a blog of some sort where He posted drama related to ps3news and maxconsole and how they had treated him .. (you know his usual style of who did what to who) .
This gave tehskeen lots of new users and when different developers started picking up softdev´s old emulators and converting them to Wii homebrew the site really "took off" again . This had of course nothing to do with Brakk3n ,since the emulators was released by softdev as open source.

Who is Brakk3n ? A kid from Ohio with no developing experience whatsoever who took pride in writing something called "modthatcube" faq´s ion early tehskeen.He had a lot of modding experience and was a operator in the GC section of maxconsole in his early days. It was a fancy FAQ on how to install GC homebrew with tools developed by others. Much like softmii today. ( = crap) . Then he started writing something called "iso420 reviews" and that was basically an easy way for him to get free stuff from modchip and Cart developers. He is supposedly unbiased in these reviews , but we all know that is crap . The developers wouldnt have continued to give him free stuff if they didnt like the reviews he wrote.

That is basically it . Ever since Brakk3n got involved and the original developer (and homebrew god) Softdev left , there has been nothing comming from tehskeen except userbased continuation of Softdevs old emulators (totally unrelated to Brakk3n except the users used the site to discuss bugs and new builds of the Emu´s.

And to be fair another developer from the GC days called EMU_k1did has also released his stuff on tehskeen , but his work is also totally unrelated to brakk3n (except brakk3n wrote some readme´s for the apps ,like ANYONE could have done.)

Other that that tehskeen has been a place for [NUKE] to promote his commercial product USBgecko until he got pissed with brakk3n too and moved his endeavours elsewhere.

Thats about it.. Will brakk3n be missed ? nope . The scene can do fine without modthatcube faq´s and readme´s that look like scene nfo files .basically that is all brakk3n has contributed ever . He wont be missed , but its a shame a USERBASED community has to die because of a deranged admin´s personal agenda.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Screemer said:
yesterday night mercan started to rant about brakken on #bootmii. just for a little and the same stuff as usual. but some others jump in and flamed about the xanax incident and that he can't do anything right. i guess that's not the only occasion ss like this happens and i would be pissed too.

but for the biggest part i have to agree with slim. everybody should get a little bit more relaxed.

I agree there are a lot of no-life assholes on these channels (even among "so respected" devs) but I sincerely doubt tantric ever trash talked about tehskeen or brakken himself

QUOTETehskeen was original Softdev´s developing site for Gamecube homebrew emulating.

your ant is biased from the beginning, tehskeen has always been brakken's website, softdev was only resident coder

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif
Wow what a mess of opinions... Now if only we could get all these brilliant minds/devs/people to work together.
Individually they are brilliant. When they work against each other they are hurting the entire community
wtf.gif

Collectively together I am betting that they could make a nintendo firmware and homebrew games that would blow out anything that nintendo could release.
But because they intend on working against each other we seem to just slowly getting closer and closer to what nintendo has released.

Let's face it we really need all types of people.
We need Devs so software can get written.
We need FAQ, readme, tutorial writers so that we can know how to run and use the software written.
We need Testers to find the bad bugs and help things get fixed faster.
We need News Posters and News posting websites. (preferably more than one incase a corporation shuts one down)
We need a user base so the sofware is actually useful, that and so we can find and post the other bugs/issues we find with the software.
We DON'T NEED complainers of anykind.
We also need to be thankful for what others do. Whether that be a post of thanks on a thread or if we can help fund the people make it worth there time.

None of any of these people have to do this! But I'm thankful for all the people that put in the time and effort to make the Wii a awesome system to own.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
in an ideal world yes, however this rarely work like that, talent does not magically sum themselves when working together. You will never see homebrew apps blowing official ones because it's just not the same means, no matter how many people work together. This never happened in any console scene and probably never will.

anyway, this is not the subject here, brakken is not a developper, he just run the website

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
to think i JUST pm'd brakken not two weeks ago telling him his DRAMA is half the reason people DO NOT want to visit his site.....All we want is tyo get the scoop....learn how to install/run the app and enjoy the fun of said app/game with a few online friends!

who needs all the drama of people like

puma,brakken,skarface,marcan ect.... the should have there very own site

dramamii

ALL THE ABOVE COULD HAVE BEEN/USED TO BE RESPECTABLE had they not ALL been drama queens of the wii scenes! lol

eke-eke AND tantric WERE THE only REASONS TO GO TO TEHSKEEN (EVEN THEN IF YOU BOOKED THE GOOGLE CODE PAGE YOU DONT CARE)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no threads get closed in the hacking section. not even if you report them and they are total bolox or even don't belong here.

seems like mods are fine with removing posts in this days. no offense osw.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
LMAO at the above commenter as though GBATEMP is in some way "worse" than tehskeen...Look at the active members on both sites...Nough said...
wtf? I'm saying why post this here, when people know fine well nothing but crap gets posted here, day in, day out, why not just leave it where it was posted you know? save all the floods.

I'm not saying what site is best, good grief a sites a site, good or bad, i couldn't give a shit, more important things to think about than a site and a wii. Am I right? I think so.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Screemer said:
no threads get closed in the hacking section. not even if you report them and they are total bolox or even don't belong here.

seems like mods are fine with removing posts in this days. no offense osw.
Yeah, why we see threads like this in HACKING section is beyond me. GBAFail is fail, so I wouldn't be putting tehskeen down.

I'm NOT bombing on the Mods/Admins at all, they're probably having a good laughing about these pointless/n00by threads. There's a place called off topic you know
dry.gif

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who really gives a fuck what's on topic or not?

The main downfall of these so called community sites are the insipid elitists who use their post
counts, join dates, and "karma" readouts as validity of their worth to the community.

Unlike /b/, where the only thing that will get you noticed in the slew of posts is being interesting. Anything not interesting disappears forever nearly instantaneously.

To be honest, I never liked tehskeen- I always thought the website was the most fug-pug ugly hard shit to read and browse through, and brakken reminds me of myself when I have a .30 blood alcohol level. Perhaps he should lay off the drugs, that shit makes you unstable, but I digress--

To any of you motherfuckers who are just as self-important as brakken, you can just shove it right up your ass, noone cares. You're downright lucky I even bothered to respond to such pathetic trolls.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
fukseliten said:
Then he started writing something called "iso420 reviews" and that was basically an easy way for him to get free stuff from modchip and Cart developers. He is supposedly unbiased in these reviews , but we all know that is crap . The developers wouldnt have continued to give him free stuff if they didnt like the reviews he wrote.

Why don't you look at the review today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about