Hacking RELEASE TegraRcmSmash - a fusee-launcher for Windows.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The colors won't mean everything too... Even though its more usual to 3.0 to be blue, theres a few devices where they change it to green, red, orange or whatever... Even old PC's there was some with different plastic colors on the USB.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you ever needed to use a USB 3.0 port... FailOverflow stated you needed is a PC with XHCI. "xHCI controller (USB 3.0, or any USB port on most recent systems)"

I have no clue is on a very old computer with just USB 2.0 and EHci only as that for Linux they said to patch the kernel so it would work on them...

However on Android I think some of the reported devices from users here most likely don't have XHCI and it worked...

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the xHCI requirement was for unpatched desktop linux OS systems only (running in VM or native).
According to them is also a requirement for their exploit on android devices.
This could conceivably also be executed from an Android phone (at least those with xHCI controllers)
But I think a few of the reported working android devices here won't have xHCI... Maybe the person who ported to android just found a way to bypass it or it simply doesnt need Xhci on android as they never tested on android and said that they leave that for someone reading their info on their leaked exploit...

Last edited by guily6669,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not based on Linux.

Yes, you're right. I use Linux to liberally and always forget unix was first!

can we boot linux using this?

No need for a double post. This is only used for launching RCM needed to start to install linux. You can search the main forum for what you need, but I'll post it here for you this time to save you the trouble. https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/988575197967147008

Foen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
made a simple gui for it make sure the libusbk driver is installed :) make sure to put everything in the right folders there is no error handling :)

vi1mbs.png

Attachments

• TegraRcmSmash Gui.rar
    927.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by Foen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F