Hacking TeamR4DS! Vs TeamXodus/DSX

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're upset because they're a company trying to leech off the DS scene?

Not upset at all, just thought it would be an interesting topic...
biggrin.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not upset at all, just thought it would be an interesting topic...
biggrin.gif
Well, maybe they want to hide their true identity?
unsure.gif

I mean, you don't expect them to be just 5 guys who designed it, and handcrafts each one..
laugh.gif

Of course not, the phrase "TeamR4DS" always implies a mega multinational corp.. HAHHAHAHHAH
rofl2.gif

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this company really manufacture the iPhone as well? Or do they manufacture fakes?

I think they had Iphone extras on the site not Iphones?

But the Ipod lookalikes are very funny
rofl2.gif
...hangon is that one im holding in my avatar... Ba$tard$..
rofl2.gif

Im Sure TeamIPHONE at the Reday Corp are busy on that one
rolleyes.gif
joke no litigation intended
unsure.gif

"Knock..knock..at the door"
blink.gif

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I am concerned but not for the entirely reasons you mention.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/reda...-NDSL-NDS-.html

redayModel: R-NDS-R4
Productivity:Â 50,000pcs/month

I worry what that 50,000 units per month will do to the viabilty of producing/publishing software for the NDS?
I wonder if its laws in the USA and EU that stop companies competing fairly with the Chinese in this area.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
@reveng

I don't care whether it's fair/unfair the R4 developers being a big company. At least they KNOW what they are doing and have been doing very well on the support side.

DS-X deserves current re-review and deserves it since months ago. "DS-X team" FAILED on this business, because they are total CRAP as coders.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can we compare the performance of say a small team of modders like TeamXodus/DSX to a large well run and funded organization like Reday.
How do we compare them? Let me count the ways.

1. Scorpei wiki

Actually, that's the only way.

Now, if the DS-X had anything to offer for homebrew users, homebrew developers, FPGA enthuasists, Mac users, etc, there would be more ways. But I can't really find it within myself to say that's the case. Can you?

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kazumi213
@pbolmstedt

No disagrement from me about the lack of support for DSX users, its utterly shamefull..
And even allowing for the different scales of company, there is no excuse after many, many months.

Anyway, that was nice lively debate, thanx everyone
grog.gif
Really enjoyed seeing everyones point of view
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Interesting editorial censorship going on! maybe time to think about walking the plank on the HMS GBATemp Black Pearl, whilst singing the sailors hornpipe
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Guess the phrase "50,000 pieces of pirate gold per calander month didnt go down well with the Guild"
rofl2.gif

gedly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Now here's where the "guilt" trip comes in.
How can we compare the performance of say a small team of modders like TeamXodus/DSX to a large well run and funded organization like Reday. Phrase's like TeamR4DS and TeamXodus are unfair they imply both teams are sorta equal, "TeamR4DS!" hides the fact that this is a large commercial organisation. Just look at the design of the R4DS it screams of low cost, mass production and profit!

In this light I think the Re-Review on GBATemp of the DS-X is little unfair in places. But... only if the DSX team can prove they have not abandoned the DS Xtreme?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this? Would love to hear your views.

Yes,

There are many unpaid, one person, back bedroom developers who could teach these guys a thing or two about customer service.

No matter how small they are, someone needed to take a mere 5 minutes (or less) to post on their website or the official forums:

"We have been experiencing problems and we apologise for the delay in updates. Unfortunately, there will be no updates for a few more months yet. Yes - we are still here and ask that you please bear with us "

They can't even be bothered doing that, leaving the poor moderators in the dsx forum to make assurances and promises that they can't guarantee.

Forget the lack of updates, it's the lack of communication that is an absolute disgrace.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
leaving the poor moderators in the dsx forum to make assurances and promises that they can't guarantee

They are working for free, they have nothing to lose, no one is twisting their arm. They have been abandonned just like us, except we move on to better thing but they are still there, helping the Ds-x team squeezing the last pennies. All the deleted comments helped to keep protecting the product by covering up the truth. They all ok except for one guy, can you guess who?

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have been abandonned just like us
This is painfully obvious from the change in wording in their comments. From "us" to "they" (about the DS-X manufacturers); from "the status is" to "last I heard", etc. If anything, I think they deserve sympathy for the shitty task at hand. About "not getting paid" though; that sounds more than a bit naïve. If I were the DS-X manufacturer, I would be more than willing to pay people to remove negative feedback from the official forums. (The fact that the newly-promoted moderators (and the others, of course) claim otherwise is hardly relevant)

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can't even be bothered doing that, leaving the poor moderators in the dsx forum to make assurances and promises that they can't guarantee.

Forget the lack of updates, it's the lack of communication that is an absolute disgrace.

@pbolmstedt
@MrSpud
@Gedly

Can't dissagree with anything there,
Whilst we have seen the mods and they have made some comments, the Cyphex, Aphex, aphid or whatever his name and Dino, Dinopio Pastos have not shown their faces, made comments... except in news reports about the IPHone.

QUOTE said:
The mods getting paid? Who knows, they must be sadists if they dont
biggrin.gif

@Doggy124
So....they are all birth from same place
Somewhere on the Caribean sea sails the scurvy Reday Black Pearl. With Its bounty of; 50,000 pieces of R4 dubloons , precious M3 spices , and jeweled encrusted DSTT's, raiding innocent Modder Scooners whenever they stray by.
ph34r.gif
The Reday never sailing far from the beautiful pirates Island of Shenzhen, just out of reach of the Nintendo Fleet... for now!
cool.gif
Immortalized Bizney Movie "Pirates Of The Nintendo Scene"

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see WHY you need to compare the R4 team to the DSX team.
But since I'm bored and have nothing better to do. I guess I'll just drop my opinion.

:: Saying Team R4 implies that they're a small group of cart developers, is like saying Team Ninja implies they're a tiny group of nerdy guys that make games in their basements at night.
:: I don't see the problem with them selling different products. You can't expect EVERY team to drop support for an old cart after they release a new one.
:: I thought the fact that the R4 Team is better then the DSX team was already established?
:: Who cares which is th better team as long as we have good, cheap carts? (y'know, except for you unlucky DSX owners
biggrin.gif
)

--My 1.5 cents

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud said:
You can't compare product on the ds-x forum, some people come here to be able to do that. I don't have a problem with it...

Absolutely MrSpud, where else can we compare...

@Doggy124
@neschn
@iritegood
Isnt it healthy for all to know the origins of what you are comparing?

Sorry I was a little to satirical with the Pirates thing, the point was fairness and openness, the USA,EU had to bring in anti dumping laws to stop the unfair practices of others. Second whammy to companys trying to operate in USA,EU copyright laws, so its very unfair to compare like for like. One company operates from the protection of Pirate Island the other stealthly under the noses of Draconian laws.

MMM good cheap cards.... No SHDC support, black box CPU, flash card writer died within weeks, spring jammed, minor homebrew support. Like comparing Quality American/German Tools to cheap clones made in Chindia..

@MrSpud
I own multiple flash cards, R4 included and can tell easily the Bently from the Honda. Unfortunately the Bently's got most of its engine disconnected
biggrin.gif
and the Bently engineers have pi$$ed off to hack the IPHone.
dry.gif

If you know the history of the motorcycle industry, BSA,HONDA,TRUIMPH, SUZUKI... you Honda comment was even more apt
smile.gif

And before anyone comments, yeah Honda make good reliable cars..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...