Hardware Team Your Mom's Wii U Raffle!

Will you participate in the Wii U raffle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I don't live in North America :(

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice I'll be sure to enter!

A question on the age restriction, I'm only ~16 but the owner of the paypal account (my dad) is (obviously) over 18. I assume I can still enter?

Edit: Crap I just realised this is for US only... would it be possible to not buy the WiiU in advance and simply order it from whatever country the winner is in, setting the delivery to their address?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to not buy the WiiU in advance and simply order it from whatever country the winner is in, setting the delivery to their address?
No, because part of the reason for the raffle is I can do a tear down of it, take lots of internal pics, and do some screwing around to see what I might be able to come up with.

The person who enters must be 18 years of age or older. No exceptions. So, if someone who is only 15 wants to enter will need to have their parents enter for him/her.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll enter probably. It sounds awesome. I doubt I'll win since I always draw the short end of the stick on raffles/contests/giveaways such as this though. :lol:

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'll enter probably. It sounds awesome. I doubt I'll win since I always draw the short end of the stick on raffles/contests/giveaways such as this though. :lol:
You never know. The person who won the Wii from the previous raffle wasn't even a member of the forum. He joined after he won. There are odds with entering in on raffles, but we're looking into finding a way to get even more prizes. I'd like to find a way for everyone to win something, even if it is just a piece of Bazooka Joe gum.

Reactions: 1 person

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never know. The person who won the Wii from the previous raffle wasn't even a member of the forum. He joined after he won. There are odds with entering in on raffles, but we're looking into finding a way to get even more prizes. I'd like to find a way for everyone to win something, even if it is just a piece of Bazooka Joe gum.

For this portion after it states that $1 earns one e-ticket, does this mean there is a limit to the number of tickets that can be bought?
  • Anyone caught trying to cheat by using multiple paypal accounts, email addresses, etc.. will be disqualified from the raffle and their donations returned less the PayPal fees.
How would one even be able to cheat with more than one Paypal account? The only things I can think of is if they were stealing people's accounts and using them to enter the raffle, or that there was a limit to the amount of tickets that can be bought per person?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There is no limit to how much a person can donate. Each donator will earn 1 e-ticket for each dollar that they have donated.

Some people have multiple paypal accounts. If someone were to donate $5 with one paypal account, and then donate $5 with another account then that would be cheating because if they were to win first place with one of those accounts then it would be possible to win second place with the other account. We want to make sure that a single person is only able to get one prize.

loco365

Trophies
XP
No one wants a free Wii U?
It's not free, and I think most people wouldn't want a Wii U that's been opened and toyed around with internally.
You can't really toy around with anything - We don't even know how it works yet.

I'd enter, but I'm 17 years 6 months right now. Which kinda sucks. Plus, if I could enter and I did win, I'd pay for the difference in shipping.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
No one wants a free Wii U?
It's not free, and I think most people wouldn't want a Wii U that's been opened and toyed around with internally.
Thats not a problem. I will be purchasing it from Walmart, so if for any reason I do any damage to it or mess it up I can just exchange it for a brand new one and send out the unopened one to the winner. Trust me, I'm a pro at taking things apart like gaming consoles, laptops, or just about anything and I get them back together without a hitch. I do this for a living.

I'd enter, but I'm 17 years 6 months right now. Which kinda sucks. Plus, if I could enter and I did win, I'd pay for the difference in shipping.
No you wouldn't. Here's one of the listed rules...
Donations will only be used to cover the cost of prizes and estimated Shipping and Handling costs
But you can still get a parent to send the donation, even if it is though your account. As long as your parents are the ones that do it, then that will mean that they have read the rules and understand whats going on. The only reason why someone needs to be of at least 18 years of age is bc legally anyone younger can't make decisions, can't agree to contracts, and are still legally under their parents care.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I already said that I'm getting it from walmart, and they dont take preorders. I was able to go to walmart and get a 3ds and a Wii on their respective launch days without any hitches. Plus, I'm DeadlyFoez, I have my connections and my ways to get anything I set my mind too, besides a wife who listens :D

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. We're ramping up on this and collaborating the details. To make this all happen, we need your support. Please vote whether you are interested or not so we can determine if this is even worth our effort for the community. I have been in contact with a few e-commerce sites that I know well and asking them to help put some resources and prizes forward to help make this happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone