Discussion Team Xecuter Websites Down.

comput3rus3r Apr 3, 2019.

?
  1. Nintendo DMCA'd them.

2. TX took the money and ran .

3. TX was loosing money because of ATMOS so they couldn't afford to pay their bills.

4. Standard TX hate comment.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    However, that is only half true. A lot of countries including mine do allow you to modify your own hardware. It's your product. Atmosphere do not provide these sigpatches and therefore are totally OK in the DMCA books as well.
    The exploit however is a different story but it's not Reswitched exploit that is being used.

Adran_Marit and CloudLep like this.
  2. SXAintSoBad

SXAintSoBad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    Antigua and Barbuda
    I beg to differ. Atmosphere as provided without any additional patches allows unsigned code (ie homebrew) to run. i.e. it is just as much a circumvention device as far as the DMCA is concerned as is SX-OS.

gizmomelb, cots and ombus like this.
  3. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    If you're not in the USA then the DCMA doesn't apply to you, but you're still breaking licences by using CFW with or without signature patches.

Anything that facilitates circumvention of protection mechanisms on video gaming consoles in the USA is violating the DCMA (that includes running ANY sort of program that allows you to run unsigned code including any payload or CFW). Simply launching a payload is bypassing protections.

Let's be real. There aren't many people on this forum that only use homebrew as most of them play copied games. It might be legal in some countries to copy your own games (make backups), but not in the USA.

By running a payload to boot into CFW to play copied games is just as bad from a legal standpoint (if not more so) then Xecuter selling products that allow you to do so. Sure, there are differences in the legal situations, but in both situations you're still at least breaking licenses.

So spewing hate at one another when you're both guilty just shows what kind of person you are and you're definitely not justified (not saying you did this, but anyone who has).

thaikhoa and gizmomelb like this.
  4. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    But there is a big difference between the opensource CFWs and SX. SX contain illegal code, such as Nintendo's certs etc. While the opensource once do not contain that. Which makes them still totally legal, but using them is not according to the DMCA then.

tiliarou and CloudLep like this.
  5. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Like I said, it's in the differences in what the sigpatches contain vis a vis what their XCI loader contains.

My post is, at least if you read it properly, non judgemental on which is better, it only concerns the legalese.

Over here, hacking my console is legal. I bought it, it's my thing.

Other fun fact: loading my own backups is also legal, it's called the home copy law here and is specifically made for those kinds of cases, but the way TX does it isn't legal.

6. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Well, if you're using CFW to launch copied games it really doesn't matter which one you use because at that point breaking licenses or including tidbits of copyrighted material doesn't even compare to what you're doing.

Sure there are differences. The main one being that SXOS costs money and is closed source. Take away the money part and most of the hate would vanish. It cracks me up, a lot of the same people hating on SXOS seek out cracked versions or want it to be cracked so they can use it - for free.

If you're pirating games does it really matter if the CFW you're using is not violating any licenses or laws? (Which again I stress they all do at least violate licensing agreements).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It must be nice, but I'm not in your county. Aren't you still violating Nintendo's licensing agreements by doing so?

Last edited by cots, Apr 7, 2019
  7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Servers are cheap dude, relatively. Depends on scale of course. How much do their servers cost? $100/mo? A developer costs $100/hr. If your business needs $100k worth of servers, they probably pulling in $10M in revenue. Server cost is a small fraction of the total cost of running a business.

8. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    license =/= law. A license is a contract. A breach of contract mostly just means some service is terminated.
    Laws however means judgment most of the time of they're violated.

9. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Worst case, I get banned from access to their servers.

10. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I know the difference and you can also be sued and receive a monetary penalty for breaking licensing agreements. It just depends on what country you live in.

However, if you're pirating games the entire debate is mute.

I do know that there is a portion of the homebrew user base that doesn't pirate games, but the majority of users on this board and the ones that are hating on TX aren't in that spectrum.

Just if anyone was wondering I don't like the fact that Xecuter is violating Atmosphere's licenses nor would I pay for something to use homebrew when there are free alternatives. I use the freeware version SXOS to chainload payloads - that's it and I plan to migrate to ArgonNX one of these days (so I won't be using it at all).

Last edited by cots, Apr 7, 2019
    thaikhoa likes this.
  11. Viri
    This message by Viri has been removed from public view by linuxares, Apr 7, 2019, Reason: trash.
    Apr 7, 2019
  12. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    yes, we get it.

sigpatches do no violate copyright (no ''illegal'' code), but they are only useful to violate copyright.

similar to how... hmm.. nope.. I can't think of anything offhand that isn't illegal by itself, but can ONLY be used for illegal activities.

13. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Like guns?

14. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    hang on, I thought the topic was ''Team Executor Websites Down'' - there is a website is back up, so surely the topic you want to discuss ad nauseam should be in it's own thread?

As for one organisations having so many brands? You supposedly live in America, not Russia - there are companies with HUNDREDS of brands, as people remember/identify with brands more than they do the parent company.

Here's an easy one for you - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands

15. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Clearly you are unable to read, judging by your first paragraph, so I’m going to do myself a favor and not read anything you post from now on.

Last edited by blahblah, Apr 7, 2019
  16. Bigkuhuna24

Bigkuhuna24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    United States
    No on? NOW ON*

17. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    No. I initially thought of that comparison, but guns have legitimate uses in rural / farming for pest control as well as law and armed forces.

clearly you are unable to reason and discuss without bias. Also I look forward to less rambling, biased, insulting posts from you.

thaikhoa likes this.
  18. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Let me just remind you all the point of this thread. The main sites are still down...

CymraegAce and gizmomelb like this.
  19. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Finally, SX did include piracy files to make XCI executing works, Nintendo has all the rights to take down Team Xecuter site until they remove XCI loading or they manage to make it work without illegal files

the stargate site also went down... meaning that their service doesn't works anymore
    Everyone who paid that shit can't download anymore and probably won't be able to download from there ever again, and honestly they deserve it for paying piracy

20. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    Is this still going on for crying out loud?! Let me break this down for you; so basically users (pirates in 99% of the time) are complaining about a hacking group (TX) that they're stealing code from another legit group (Atmosphere) - and that's bad right? Never mind that most of them have 200GB SD cards filled with pirated games lol.

TL;DR - 32 pages about thieves complaining about other thieves stealing shit. Grow up people.

21. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    First few pages are on topic. The rest are what you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.