Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you're comparing needing to pay 30$ for the dongle to having a smartphone - and if you own a switch but not a cell phone in 2018 you need to re-think your priorities.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Already been discussed in the ReSwitched discord with smart people, that person used a 3rd party tool made not by reswitched, and tried to flash something bad to the NAND. Their fault.
But but but it's open source

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Irrelevant. The software will be closed-source, therefore anyone in this thread should consider this malware. Enjoy your bricked Switch.

i know i sound petty, but i HOPE this bricks switches. Would serve these people right.

bigstock-Salt-Shaker-With-Large-And-Sma-110315177.jpg

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But but but it's open source
You misunderstood what i said (and now are using it to win arguments, making you stupid, but w/e). Open source does not mean "it won't brick", open source means "you can know what everything does and if bad devs put bricking stuff in the code (remember 3DS flashcart bricks?) you'd know."

I said long ago that the Team Xecuter modchip solution would merely offer a more convenient way of running Fusée Gelée. I also said it would run Atmosphère and/or an inferior CFW of their own making.
Not even more convenient anymore.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only real bad thing here is that somebody is profiting directly from piracy, which is ironically dumb because a free piracy solution will eventually happen.

Anybody worried about the homebrew scene shouldn't be. fail0verflow said it best. Homebrew is like a little kid making a sand castles, it's charming but they aren't very good. The best and most valuable homebrew - emulators, save managers, media players, source ports, and piracy apps - will still be made. And the handful of people who do actually take a genuine interest in tinkering and whatnot will not be deterred by any of this.
Yeah, but unlike f0f, these people actually release their work instead of flaunting it about like an epeen.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wow, loved that dongle, i hope someone make copy for it so everyone can buy cheaper or make their own version of it.

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, loved that dongle, i hope someone make copy for it so everyone can buy cheaper or make their own version of it.
You have a smartphone? (or a switch on a certain FW) and you can do it for free, right now, much easier and less sketchy.

You literally said it's open sourced so that won't happen. Did you not? Lol
No.....that's what you said.

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It proves exactly what you said...that because it's open sourced it won't brick
I said "probably not" cuz when it's open source we get to know if there's brick code in there....i thought we already had that discussion.......

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You have a smartphone? (or a switch on a certain FW) and you can do it for free, right now, much easier and less sketchy.

No.....that's what you said.
I know, but i really don't want to hook the switch to my phone using a usb cable, this looks simple to use.

Reactions: jakkal

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said "probably not" cuz when it's open source we get to know if there's brick code in there....i thought we already had that discussion.......
Just because there's no "brick code" in there doesn't mean it can't cause a brick

Did you actually say "brick code"? Lolol

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gen 1 Switches are going to brick regardless. There's questionable thermal allocation for the thing. I suspect one of the actual reasons for a revision isn't for this exploit, it's actually to allow a die shrink to ease up thermal demands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife