Hacking team twiizers needs you

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why .elf files are coming back in to fashion? .dol files are much smaller, and don't contain lots of junk (include paths etc).

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jonas18z said:
raulpica said:
kedest said:
How did you find that file? There's no announcement about it anywhere. Perhaps they don't want it to become public yet.
Probably. So let's remove that link and let's all forget about that file.

The last thing we need right now is something like "Seeing it got leaked, no more development on it".

Yeah, I know Team Twiizer isn't probably going to act Waninkoko-style, but let's try to totally avoid the problem and everyone will be happier in the long way.

+1 Someone contacted them?
yes i contacted marcan about it

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
blitter said:
Is there a reason why .elf files are coming back in to fashion? .dol files are much smaller, and don't contain lots of junk (include paths etc).
its not that there comeing "back into fashion" its that HBC 1.0.1 needs correctly made elfs to load them. and it seems that only twiizers are making them at the moment. while everyone should make corrent elfs, they all use the dol format because they always work

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
FGOD said:
as much i wanne try this out, i'm not going to take the risk and even if i did, it is better to let everybody wait for the final release, so could you please remove that link before the whole thing explodes?

I've removed it from my quote already. Just the others left to do it

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
yall welcome
@linkworm so whats the deal with preloader and bootmii they co exsist?
pre loader and bootmii are totaly different platforms. while they work in the same way they dont "act" in the same way, preloader replaces the sysmenu dol so it boots in place of the system menu while bootmii will not touch the system menu at all. it replaces the boot 2 of the wii, these both could be used together but with little use other than the hacks that preloader has, which are pretty usefull.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I found a wii with a never before seen version of boot 2 Version 4. I have emailed marcan and hope for a reply soon.
smile.gif

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Seems I found a wii with a never before seen version of boot 2 Version 4. I have emailed marcan and hope for a reply soon.
smile.gif

There you are!
smile.gif

Can I ask about the details on your Wii? When did you get it? What country? Any special circumstances around it? Is it single?...okay, scratch the last one.

I didn't see this addressed anywhere, so I'll go ahead and ask. How can we find our console IDs from save games?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
noir said:
Hells Guardian said:
smile.gif

There you are!
smile.gif

Can I ask about the details on your Wii? When did you get it? What country? Any special circumstances around it? Is it single?...okay, scratch the last one.

I didn't see this addressed anywhere, so I'll go ahead and ask. How can we find our console IDs from save games?

Use the FE100 keygrabber in my sig, or look at the appropriate position in the savefile, or use the gayfish disc

ps: info is in the fe100 thread, here I replicate
NG-id : 4 bytes, id of your console... You can see it in ascii form at 0xC6 in device cert of your dump... just make sure you enter it correctly as hex bytes in an hex editor and create a file with 4 bytes... do not copy four bytes from 0xC6 in device cert since that's the represantation of the ascii form of it... Tachtig will also dump it from the savefile you can use that too, it's same after all...

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
noir said:
Hells Guardian said:
smile.gif

There you are!
smile.gif

And also what region is it? Is it the new Wii where you can't solder a chip onto it?

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Use the FE100 keygrabber in my sig, or look at the appropriate position in the savefile, or use the gayfish disc

ps: info is in the fe100 thread, here I replicate
NG-id : 4 bytes, id of your console... You can see it in ascii form at 0xC6 in device cert of your dump... just make sure you enter it correctly as hex bytes in an hex editor and create a file with 4 bytes... do not copy four bytes from 0xC6 in device cert since that's the represantation of the ascii form of it... Tachtig will also dump it from the savefile you can use that too, it's same after all...

Ran across xyzzy (had forgotten about, heh) while trying to find an answer, ran it. Looks like my console ID got changed when I sent my Wii back to Nintendo. That would explain why I can't redownload my old purchases.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
about that "bootmii"

from marcan

Not bootmii, just an old test menu that runs under bootmii.

marc holyland wrote:
> hi, someone posted http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii.elf on gba temp,
> everyones downloading it, i think you need to make a post on hackmii
> about it or something
>
> Linkinworm
> marc holyland

--
Marcan ([email protected])

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
linkinworm said:
about that "bootmii"

from marcan

Not bootmii, just an old test menu that runs under bootmii.

marc holyland wrote:
> hi, someone posted http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii.elf on gba temp,
> everyones downloading it, i think you need to make a post on hackmii
> about it or something
>
> Linkinworm
> marc holyland

--
Marcan ([email protected])

Thanks for clearing that up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum