Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
TwilightHack_0.1beta1.png

Twilight Hack

The Twilight Hack is currently the only safe, public way to enable homebrew on an unmodded Wii. The Twilight Hack is achieved by playing a hacked game save for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess which executes a homebrew application from an external SD card.
The Twilight Hack was created by Team Twiizers
http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.zipDOWNLOAD 3.4 ONLY

http://hackmii.com/2008/11/rise-of-the-dead/ SOURCE

Required Materials:
SD card. You may want to format the card to ensure a consistent filesystem (for Windows user maybe use the SD formatter for better filesystem)
SD card reader
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been played at least once
Some homebrew to load

Inside the zip file you will find versions of the hack for all three regions. You may copy all of them to your SD card, but you will need to choose the correct one to copy to your Wii based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. USA users, additionally, need to determine the correct save slot to load once inside Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner circle of the data surface with the ones below.

Rise of the Dead
November 24th, 2008 by marcan

So I said that the Twilight Hack was gone and probably wouldn’t be coming back.

Good thing I left that probably in there.

Yes, they screwed up the anti-Twilight Hack check. Again.

There’s not much point in us publishing a detailed explanation on where the problems are this time around. It comes down to nothing remarkable anyway - just more stupid, silly bugs. They fixed some and added more. We didn’t look much this time because we thought that, well, they really couldn’t have screwed it up this time, could they? As it turns out, you didn’t even have to look at the code to figure out that something was wrong. Someone tried to copy the Twilight Hack out of a 3.3 Wii and into a 3.4 Wii. Go ahead, try it. It doesn’t quite work (it crashes the game when used), but the save copies. Oops. Props to Krusty for pointing this out.

Will this finally be the last release of the Twilight Hack? Will Nintendo finally manage to beat it into the ground? Third time’s the charm, maybe? We don’t know.

Enjoy: Twilight Hack v0.1-beta2 (special 3.4 edition)

Notes: This is for 3.4 ONLY. 3.3 and earlier users should continue with the v0.1-beta1 Twilight Hack. The hacked savefile will be deleted on every boot, so you should copy it, run Zelda, and immediately install HBC, as the hack will be gone once you go back to the System Menu (and then you’ll have to copy it agan to use it again). JAP and PAL are untested but ought to work.

Also, this in no way implies that updating is a good idea. It’s not. Don’t do it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
well...it doesn't appear to be getting closed immediately so...hooray!!!!

this is nice for new brewers.

certainly is, obviously there will be newer wii members who update before knowing about "hacking" then they have this
tongue.gif

Guess Hadrian like's the layout, so he isn't removing it...
smile.gif
Sorry Hadrian

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
there you go in the first post Mr Perfect, jsut making things easier for people.
Yes, because people need it to be easier than clicking on a link, duh. But that's not the point: Instead of pointing people to the version the authors can maintain, you are making yourself maintainer of the fulltext in here. Do you get why that is a bad idea?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe you could add the fact that you really don't need to play the game. The initial save is sufficient.

Good thing twiizers didn't have to reveal one of the other exploits. Thanks nintendo, for still giving brewers the initiative.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so - just to clarify (in case anyone else asks) if on system menu update 3.4 - you can get homebrew and the backup loader to run if you use this specific twilight savegame hack?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
w_n_s said:
so - just to clarify (in case anyone else asks) if on system menu update 3.4 - you can get homebrew and the backup loader to run if you use this specific twilight savegame hack?

Use the hack on 3.4 to install the HomeBrewChannel beta 9.
But I guess you can't install the cIOS (yet) which is needed to run backup loader.

I'm sure there will be a fix for that very soon.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BL4Z3D247 said:
once you have the HBC on your wii can't you use a_running_pir8's method of getting "everything else" on your wii?

if asked and answered already... sorry
Seeing the 3.4 update doesn't touches IOS16, yes, that should work.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BL4Z3D247 said:
once you have the HBC on your wii can't you use a_running_pir8's method of getting "everything else" on your wii?

if asked and answered already... sorry

Ok - so if on 3.4 you can get the HBC working - which should then enable you to downgrade again to 3.3E or 3.2E and then you can get the backup loader working.

I guess the most asked question on these forums in the next couple of days will be - "I am on 3.4 - how do I downgrade to get the backup loader working?"

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic said:
w_n_s said:

But I guess you can't install the cIOS (yet) which is needed to run backup loader.

ahhh, ok, so a new cIOS would be required for 3.4 in order for the backup loader to work, and if that comes out, then everything homebrew / backup loader wise should have caught up with Nintendo's 3.4 update.

Would be impressive to see that happen this week.

Would be nice to have some form of protection like starfall on 3.4 if we get to that point. I guess though bootMII would be the answer at that point.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
w_n_s said:
FRanatic said:
w_n_s said:

ahhh, ok, so a new cIOS would be required for 3.4 in order for the backup loader to work, and if that comes out, then everything homebrew / backup loader wise should have caught up with Nintendo's 3.4 update.

Would be nice to have some form of protection like starfall on 3.4 if we get to that point. I guess though bootMII would be the answer at that point.

No, it doesn't require a new cIOS (I guess), but I think the 3.4 won't let you install the needed cIOS. As you couldn't install wads on 3.3v2, you probably can't on 3.4.
But I'll have to ask for confimation on this matter. Any takers ?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
FRanatic said:
w_n_s said:

just use a_running_pir8's method of getting cIOS installed, it should work on 3.4(as "N" didn't patch IOS16 in 3.4 update)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
I guess the most asked question on these forums in the next couple of days will be - "I am on 3.4 - how do I downgrade to get the backup loader working?"

well, hopefully its not that common, and hopefully people will realize they DO NOT have to downgrade...

...my pack, which will be updated tonight with newest files (check the sig), CURRENTLY as it stands will install just fine on any system (including 3.4 with this new T.P hack), no downgrade needed (in fact no HBC even needed).

I always stand by 3.2 being the best, but not downgrading if you're a no-nothing and content with that is the best option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)