Team Fortress 2 Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by GreatZimkogway, Jul 29, 2010.

Jul 29, 2010

Team Fortress 2 Help by GreatZimkogway at 10:24 PM (763 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Maybe this ain't the right place for this, but I'm just fed up with this problem. The problem? Port forwarding. I can't get the damn ports to open, no matter how hard I try. It's ridiculous how much I've tried and can't get it working. I don't have a firewall, except the one built onto my modem/router(AT&T U-Verse 3800HGV-B). I've tried making acceptions for TF2 in it, both UDP and TCP. Doesn't work. I'm at a loss of what else to try now.

Thus, I come to you guys. I need help on this, ASAP. I've tried opening them, I've tried external sites to check if the port is open or not. All fail or say its closed.

I need help ;_;

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Try disabling the firewall entirely, if it's not open then the problem isn't the router (or a really protective router that kills everything even when the firewall is off; protect the user ftw [​IMG]) (windows firewall?)

3. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    You can also put your PC's IP address into the DMZ setting in the router which bypass's all the router security and use windows firewall on your PC to protect you but this will not be as strong as the router's firewall.
    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/por...warding-dmz.asp

The make and Model of your router would help?