Hacking Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Help

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all of you haveing trouble with this game read this and install the wiigator channel gamma in your wii it does not need anything else. install everything in that package of what i'm about to say and yeah the last boss's third form is a bitch!! and roll's a hell of a lot better then her MVC style!!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...p;#entry1529161

also her old MVC music is back and it sounds a HELL of a lot better.

Aryman104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostFaceLoser said:
for all of you haveing trouble with this game read this and install the wiigator channel gamma in your wii it does not need anything else. install everything in that package of what i'm about to say and yeah the last boss's third form is a bitch!! and roll's a hell of a lot better then her MVC style!!

YeaI have that installed (Wii Gator Gamma) and I'm burning the ISO on a DVD-R at x3 speed without doing ANYTHING to it (no patches, etc). I'm running v.3.3u. Hopefully this works...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aryman104 said:
GhostFaceLoser said:

YeaI have that installed (Wii Gator Gamma) and I'm burning the ISO on a DVD-R at x3 speed without doing ANYTHING to it (no patches, etc). I'm running v.3.3u. Hopefully this works...

it did for me and i burned it at 2X speed. so let's keep our fingers crossed. and my wii is the same version of yours and i hate to say it there are some let downs with this game one doing duo attacks are a pain. 2 the serect people are not worth the time (execpt for the japan side person who's fat and is aribic and i don't know who the other dude is. i was hopeing viewful joe and saki were going be good but oh well.

Aryman104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostFaceLoser said:
Aryman104 said:
GhostFaceLoser said:

it did for me and i burned it at 2X speed. so let's keep our fingers crossed. and my wii is the same version of yours and i hate to say it there are some let downs with this game one doing duo attacks are a pain. 2 the serect people are not worth the time (execpt for the japan side person who's fat and is aribic and i don't know who the other dude is. i was hopeing viewful joe and saki were going be good but oh well.

YES It worked! I actually meant to say at x2 speed. it works flawlessly. It took me all of a day to figure it out but I finally got it! wooo! thanks for all the help guys.

Dreams-Visions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hkari said:
Dreams-Visions said:
Cool. thanks for the confirmation.

and in case anyone was wondering, I used these steps

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122...p;#entry1626082]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122...p;#entry1626082[/url]

[1.] Patch the game w/ IOS Version Patcher v1.1 by: Waninkoko to use IOS 249
- If you don't do this down the road you will get some weird error... This fixes it...

[2.] BrickBlock it.... with: Wii Update Remover v1.0 by: Waninkoko (or if you prefer BrickBlocker)

[3.] Use WiiFrii v2.3b by: Waninkoko
- patch the iso to NTSC
- patch the iso to ENGLISH

[4.] Burn it... Play it... PayDirt.. It will Play via the Disc Channel if you have a modchip...

worked like a charm after I figured out I needed to find the "common key.bin" separately.

thanks again.

What does common key.bin have to be named EXACTLY for the IOS version patcher to work right, or does it need this?
it must be named "key.bin".

if you run WiiFrii and it just sits there seemingly doing nothing? it's because you don't have "key.bin". you'll have to find it on internets somewhere. when you do, you'll know it because WiiFrii will ask you for supplemental information in complete what it does in a matter of maybe 10-15 seconds. hope that helps.

Posts merged

Aryman104 said:
GhostFaceLoser said:
Aryman104 said:
QUOTE(GhostFaceLoser @ Dec 13 2008, 11:34 PM)

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...p;#entry1529161]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...p;#entry1529161[/url]

YES It worked! I actually meant to say at x2 speed. it works flawlessly. It took me all of a day to figure it out but I finally got it! wooo! thanks for all the help guys.
I assume burning speed is purely a matter of media and the DVD drive you're using. I burned on +R media at 16x (either that or 8x) and it works fine.

YMMV

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does any1 now how to how to load up a save when u load up the game again. in tat vs capcom everytime i play it the sound starts off as mono even doh i've set auto save on in da menu etc.

Or does using the homebrew gecko os not load save automatically.......

Can any one help

Megaman89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, hope someone can help me.
I have a PAL Wii, modded with a clone chip (maybe Wiikey's colone) ,consolle's firmware is 3.2E, homebrew channel and starfall are installed and working.
All games work fine but TvsC gives me a black screen after launching the game in the disc canal (the same for Animal Crossing wii too). I don't think that's a corrupt iso, I had same problem with other games but then with patching they worked fine.

What I have to do?

If I can't run it in the disc canal, there is another way to play it without spend more money?

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem with this game is very wierd. When I first burn it, ot work perfectly fine on my wii with gamma launcher. However, when I try it a few days alter, the game refuse to load and gave me some error code. My other backup games still work. What could cause the problem?

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xellos2099 said:
My problem with this game is very wierd. When I first burn it, ot work perfectly fine on my wii with gamma launcher. However, when I try it a few days alter, the game refuse to load and gave me some error code. My other backup games still work. What could cause the problem?
Depends. If you're using the same media disc as your other backups, then maybe it was just a bad burn, or maybe someone else with better knowledge will comment.

Megaman89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nIxx said:
I can start it over the disc channel and have a similar Wii setup except starfall.
Here is a PPF Patchfile made from my patched TvC this should do it (the patch is only for PAL Wii´s)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=D5CCPKZX
The games should start fine and have colour over RGB.

GREAT! It works! Thank you very much! I'll pass a sweet christmas now.
yaynds.gif

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nIxx said:
I can start it over the disc channel and have a similar Wii setup except starfall.
Here is a PPF Patchfile made from my patched TvC this should do it (the patch is only for PAL Wii´s)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=D5CCPKZX
The games should start fine and have colour over RGB.
Does this patch fix the green screen problem when forcing PAL60? (no modchip here)

CHRONIC2oo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this ISO and I can't get it to work. I have a wiiKey mod and the game shows up in the disc channel, but once I press Start it goes to a black screen and doesn't load. I used IOS set at 249, Waninkoko's update remover and WiiFrii with NTSC-J to NTSC-U (and other combinations) and it doesn't work. I don't have the common-key.bin/key.bin file. Is that the problem? I go the ISO that had the 2.95gb size.

I'm buring with Sony -R and I've tried it with alcohol and cloneCD so far. I'm going to try with imgBurn right now, but any help to solving my problem would be great. This is my first time trying this (I got my Wii modded basically for this game) and I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

Thanks

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHRONIC2oo3 said:
I got this ISO and I can't get it to work. I have a wiiKey mod and the game shows up in the disc channel, but once I press Start it goes to a black screen and doesn't load. I used IOS set at 249, Waninkoko's update remover and WiiFrii with NTSC-J to NTSC-U (and other combinations) and it doesn't work. I don't have the common-key.bin/key.bin file. Is that the problem? I go the ISO that had the 2.95gb size.

I'm buring with Sony -R and I've tried it with alcohol and cloneCD so far. I'm going to try with imgBurn right now, but any help to solving my problem would be great. This is my first time trying this (I got my Wii modded basically for this game) and I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

Thanks
I have no idea about the Wiikey issue, I apologize.
It does its job but there's no more dev work for it. (To my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong.)
Splurging on a wk2 would have been wise, but regardless that's not the issue.

The .iso file I have in a .7z is 2.98GB, but I checked some trackers and they have a 2.95GB one.
I'm guessing it's just the different compression methods.

And no, you do not need 3.3x to play this game. I'm using 3.2U and I just burned it and played with .3G
I really do apologize that I can't help you with your wk.

CHRONIC2oo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you playing it via GeckoOS or no? I think I'm going to try to install GeckoOS.

I used RegionFrii and the game loaded, but asked me to update. Obviously I didn't update because that would brick my Wii. I'm going to try to update block it and see if it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...