Hacking Question Tales of Vesperia Crash - SX OS Stealth mode

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I am on Firmware 6.2, latest SX OS and have Tales of Vesperia fully patched.
When i start the game with Stealth Mode on, it crashes during at the first menu for audio-language-selection.
It only works when either: Stealth Mode is off, or internet is turned off entirely.

Is there a better way to get this working right?

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i start the game with Stealth Mode on, it crashes during at the first menu for audio-language-selection.
It only works when either: Stealth Mode is off, or internet is turned off entirely.

Known issue. Either disable 90DNS, disable Stealth Mode, or switch to Atmosphere and run 90DNS (or, even better, Incognito). Thought it was crazy how TX didn't fix this when the game first came out.

With SXOS and ToV, you can either have Stealth Mode or 90DNS. You can't have both.

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Known issue. Either disable 90DNS, disable Stealth Mode, or switch to Atmosphere and run 90DNS (or, even better, Incognito). Thought it was crazy how TX didn't fix this when the game first came out.

With SXOS and ToV, you can either have Stealth Mode or 90DNS. You can't have both.

I have Stealth Mode and have never heard of 90DNS.

@iriez
I even reinstalled the game. Its SX OS and Stealth Mode. The game isnt corrupted.

D

Deleted User

What are you using? XCI or NSP?

D

Deleted User

Is it installed to the sd card or nand? Possible chance your game got corrupted during the process when installing to the sd card. It's recommended to install games on to the nand. It will not corrupt no matter what

D

Deleted User

Also check the MD5. The one I have is b08e40677670f594967221bcc11f464. You shouldn't have any problem playing the game. Yeah its taking 10GB+ when installing to the NAND but it will never have issues. Stealth mode does not do anything to playing the game. If there's an issue, just send TX a message and maybe just switch over to Atmosphere

CharTex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can confirm this happens to me aswell. Turning off Wifi or enabling airplane mode fixes the problem. Using the NSP (With Update) and Atmosphere on 6.2.0.

EDIT: Just for reference, I also use 90DNS.

Last edited by CharTex,

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
@CrisFTW Tales of Vesperia tries to connect to an online-resource when the screen for language-selection appears. If Internet is on and it fails (like when Stealth Mode in SX OS is on), then the game crashes.
If Internet is turned off it will keep bugging you to turn it on, but wont crash.

This is most likely because at this point, during the first start it loads a EULA and a Privacy Agreement and it most likely checks for updates to these documents every time you start it.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CrisFTW Tales of Vesperia tries to connect to an online-resource when the screen for language-selection appears. If Internet is on and it fails (like when Stealth Mode in SX OS is on), then the game crashes.
If Internet is turned off it will keep bugging you to turn it on, but wont crash.

This is most likely because at this point, during the first start it loads a EULA and a Privacy Agreement and it most likely checks for updates to these documents every time you start it.

The thing is, that doesn't happen in Atmosphere. I have the same problem you have (though removing 90DNS made it work for me - maybe I'll reinstall the game and test again) but only in SX OS. Booting into Atmo equals everything working.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Patched the nsp to 5.1 on Reinx and as long as my WiFi is off I don't get this nag

Hephaestus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
The thing is, that doesn't happen in Atmosphere. I have the same problem you have (though removing 90DNS made it work for me - maybe I'll reinstall the game and test again) but only in SX OS. Booting into Atmo equals everything working.
Because Atmosphere has no Stealth Mode.
This issue is with SX OS and using the game with Stealth Mode on.
It works with Stealth Mode off and so it works fine with atmosphere, as well since it doesnt have that feature at all.

D

Deleted User

It works with Stealth Mode off and so it works fine with atmosphere, as well since it doesnt have that feature at all.
We Atmosphere users use 90DNS. If you know how to fix the issue, it wouldn't be a problem

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

90DNS or Incognito have the same effect

Ericito

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there. I'm here searching for help

I just updated my Tales of Vesperia but when I try to run the game, it asks me to update the Nintendo Switch firmware too

I read a lot of people saying that they cant even play when they quit SX because they updated Switch

The question is: can I run Vesperia 1.0.2 with sx.xecuter with my Nintendo Switch fully updated?

Thanks in advance :/ I'm afraid to screw it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1