Gaming Tales of the Abyss...

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this game is kinda of annoying to 100%, but if you only want to play for the plot, the game is pretty much linear

the 3DS version has some changes like, you don't need to beat nebilim on unknown to get tactical leader title

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this game is kinda of annoying to 100%, but if you only want to play for the plot, the game is pretty much linear

the 3DS version has some changes like, you don't need to beat nebilim on unknown to get tactical leader title
Although some people didn't know that and still tried to do it like me. D=

And yeah, I haven't noticed any difference between the PS2 version and the 3DS content wise (although I could've missed something), since the game has a lot of stuff to unlock, and pretty entertaining (the reason I love all tales games is because battles aren't boring at all), a lot of people buy it for the 3DS as well, kinda like Zelda for the 3DS, portability is useful. =3

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Was wondering.. Is there any way to make the chat cut scenes faster?
I mean, the ones that you press Start and the party members chat with themselves. I pressed every button out there but nothing makes the chat text move to the next, which is kinda annoying.

And one thing i miss from the PS2 version is the original opening, with Japanese singer and stuff.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the ones that you press Start and the party members chat with themselves. I pressed every button out there but nothing makes the chat text move to the next, which is kinda annoying.

And one thing i miss from the PS2 version is the original opening, with Japanese singer and stuff.

It is going slower because Japanese PS2/3DS version have voice for skits (chat you are referring to). Western release take out these voices.

This is the reason why I recommend PS2 version instead, because there is actually an undub version (which is 100x better than western voice actor).

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil

It is going slower because Japanese PS2/3DS version have voice for skits (chat you are referring to). Western release take out these voices.

This is the reason why I recommend PS2 version instead, because there is actually an undub version (which is 100x better than western voice actor).

Ahh that's why I can't skip the skit. What a lame 3DS conversion then, kept the chat timing but didn't had them added.
I would play on PS2 but PCSX2 runs at lame speed so I can't emulate.

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS version also fixes bugs that were in the PS2 version.

And unless you really want to hear voices in the skits, the western voice actors are not bad at all, TotA is one of the better dubbed japanese games out there, nothing wrong with not playing it undubbed. Symphonia and Vesperia also have pretty good dubs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1