OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of the Abyss announced for 3DS
Ported from PS2
tales1.jpg

Yet another new game has been announced for the Nintendo 3DS today. Tales of the Abyss, previously released on the PS2, is being ported to Nintendo's new system.

The listing for this game popped up on Famitsu's website where they have posted a list of upcoming 3DS games.

Abyss was released outside of Japan when it was released on the PS2, but there is no guarantee that the 3DS version will receive an international release. All three DS Tales games were never released outside of Japan, so don't get your hopes up for an international release just yet.

tales2.jpg
tales3.jpg
tales4.jpg

icon11.gif
 Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found some screens of it. I've never played the PS2 version but it seems to be a port of it. Enjoy! It's looking quite great, very nice graphics! 3DS has some serious power inside it.
biggrin.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Already finished it on the PS2, but it will be nice having another portable "Tales Of..".
If there is nothing new added translation can be pretty easy unless inserting text into the game would be impossible/too much work/etc..

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is one of the best Tales, but at least part of what made it so fun to me was co-op, I beat pretty much the whole game while playing with a friend back when it came out... I wonder if they'll include some kind of multiplayer component?
I also wonder what other PS2/PSP games are gonna be ported to 3DS.

Saloma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, wow. Um... I certainly didn't see this coming. The reason for this port is most likely because the Tales studio is suffering, and Abyss is Japan's favorite of the series. Sorry to say, I most definitely do not see this being localized.
frown.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! I think this has a slightly higher chance of making it out of Japan than any other "Tales" game, because the translation already exists. But it's still a kinda slim chance.
granville said:
Found some screens of it. I've never played the PS2 version but it seems to be a port of it. Enjoy! It's looking quite great, very nice graphics! 3DS has some serious power inside it.
biggrin.gif
So the screens in this news post are from the 3DS version?! Are you sure
glare.gif
? I don't know what the original PS2 one looks like, so I can't tell. But anyway, if the 3DS version ends up looking like those screens (be they new or old), I will be very happy!

Logits said:
QUOTE(Raiven @ Sep 29 2010, 11:46 AM) Maybe it will be different on the 3DS... lets hope it.

It wasn't for the DS. But let's hope, that would be good.
unsure.gif
...Whut?

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited for almost a second but then I remembered that NamDai hates American Tales fans and also the possibility of region locking.

Mite have been cool though.
frown.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I never had a chance to play Tales of the Abyss on PS2. 3DS is getting better and better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: