ROM Hack Taking requests to port Gateshark to NTR plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working with coding NTR plugins for a bit now and I can convert Gateshark codes properly so just request a game/codes in this thread and ill port it for you. (Within limits)

Please do not post just a game name, make sure you include links to the specific codes you want from http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/

I will work on these throughout the week, but expect them to get finished faster on the weekends.

Finished ports:
- New Leaf T2I
- Little Battlers eXperience (USA)
- Stella Glow (USA)
- Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor Overclocked (USA)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection (EUR)
- Super Mario 3D Land (USA)
- Super Mario 3D Land (EUR)
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (USA)
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red (USA)
- StreetPass Mii Plaza (USA)
- Hyrule Warriors Legends (USA)
- Sonic Lost World (USA)
- Sonic Lost World (EUR)
- Retro City Rampage (USA)
- [Nanquitas' plugin] Final Fantasy Explorers
- [Nanquitas' plugin] Fantasy Life
- [Nanquitas' plugin] The Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time 3D

Folder containing all my ports (MEGA):
https://mega.nz/#F!VE5yhZbb!jyfQTZzAcJGI4Cx4QHK2bg

In progress ports:
- Yo-Kai Watch
- Yoshis New Island
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
- The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- Additional Animal Crossing: New Leaf cheats
- Rune Factory 4

Questionable ports: (Not sure if ill do any of these)
- Mario Kart 7
- Mario & Luigi Dream Team
- Any Pokemon games
- Any Fire Emblem games

Monster hunter 4 ultimate, do I have to copy paste the codes if I want all of them? I ask because I want it to have cheat menu. As a side bonus is it possible to make an infinite carve code?

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I saw an implementation of a keyboard on github, but I didn't test it.

I was thinking about a menu to select the value you want to write.
Exemple:
--> Select a money cheats in the menu -> Another menu which permit you to enter a value shown up (It's just digit so it's easily doable with DPAD) --> the entered value is sent to the cheats functions which will write the value.

Or a menu like:

Current value: [ 00000000 ]
Accept
Cancel

Increase the value by 1
Increase the value by 10
Increase the value by 100
Increase the value by 1000
Increase the value by 10000
Increase the value by 100000

The menu above is not the best one of course, but it's easily doable.

If you want to use a keyboard in the menu you'll need to update the whole plugin for being able to use the touchscreen.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw an implementation of a keyboard on github, but I didn't test it.

I was thinking about a menu to select the value you want to write.
Exemple:
--> Select a money cheats in the menu -> Another menu which permit you to enter a value shown up (It's just digit so it's easily doable with DPAD) --> the entered value is sent to the cheats functions which will write the value.

Or a menu like:

The menu above is not the best one of course, but it's easily doable.

If you want to use a keyboard in the menu you'll need to update the whole plugin for being able to use the touchscreen.
That's what I meant, you need to adjust the value before you could write it to another address. I am looking for something like Xbox360 trainers where a keyboard would popup then you input any specific value on the fly.

Last edited by dsrules,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think we need a full keyboard, just the digits should be good but if you want a full keyboard, you can use this one. :)

Now the problem is that you need your own full cheats plugin menu implementation (Just like a homeplugin though) to have access to the screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or maybe a function in game which create a thread with top priority, and this thread manage the display and the cheats.

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think we need a full keyboard, just the digits should be good but if you want a full keyboard, you can use this one. :)

Now the problem is that you need your own full cheats plugin menu implementation (Just like a homeplugin though) to have access to the screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or maybe a function in game which create a thread with top priority, and this thread manage the display and the cheats.
We could make a home plugin which runs plugins upon launch just like NTR handles cheat plugins, and then just have that manage the keyboard

Thinking about that a home plugin which works similar to the GW menu would work really great. I could implement GW cheats quite easily that way, and it would completely eliminate the whole need of this thread

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but it's a lot of works for a thing that could be easily done with a gameplugin.

I mean you can still doing a plugin which load a gateway cheats text, but instead of doing a home plugin do a generic game plugin.
This way the plugin should be more stable and won't require inter-process communication.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Zelda Ocarina of Time and Fantasy Life, but both didn't work. None of the cheats do anything when activated. I was also surprised to see only three cheats on the list for OoT. Silly me thought it would include every cheat listed from gateshark. Is each game still being updated with more cheats?

For now I'm gonna stick with the cheats from Eltorado

Last edited by MattKimura,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're talking about my plugins ?

Because the Zelda OOT have all the codes which are working, and Fantsy life contains more codes than Fort42. ;)
But maybe you didn't pay attention that it was a spoiler and not a code. :P

Domx9200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know... This thread got me wanting to start making plugins... This is so confusing at points. I really wish I could get some sort of detail in creating these plugins (and probably more). Either way, This is amazing. thanks for doing this for everybody.

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know... This thread got me wanting to start making plugins... This is so confusing at points. I really wish I could get some sort of detail in creating these plugins (and probably more). Either way, This is amazing. thanks for doing this for everybody.
No problem! If you want to learn to make plugins, look at the source code of a few different plugins (my plugins all have the source included), learn some basic C and learn how memory writing and reading works. If you want to port Gateshark codes specifically, read this, as it should help you understand each and every line of the code.

Domx9200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem! If you want to learn to make plugins, look at the source code of a few different plugins (my plugins all have the source included), learn some basic C and learn how memory writing and reading works. If you want to port Gateshark codes specifically, read this, as it should help you understand each and every line of the code.
Thanks. this'll really help. Hopefully one day I can help you in creating plugins.

EDIT:
If I could get some guides to memory reading and writing that would be amazing too. Just so you know I don't want to make you go out of the way to find me one. If you don't want to find me one I'm fine with that. Thanks for the help again.

Last edited by Domx9200,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl USA ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game426/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl EUR ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game962/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Etrian odyssey iv: legends of the titan USA ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game239/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Etrian odyssey iv: legends of the titan EUR ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game375/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight USA ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game1817/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight EUR ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game1866/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Project x zone USA ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game614/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Project x zone EUR ---> http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game266/ (all of the cheats if possible)

Last edited by jimmyleen,

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to let everyone know that I have gotten caught up with IRL stuff and I should have most requests completed this upcoming weekend. Apologies for the delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran