Take your time, Gateway!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xx3DSHACKERxX, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    OP

    Xx3DSHACKERxX Member

    Newcomer
    22
    14
    Dec 14, 2014
    Gambia, The
    To Gateway, don't release a rushed product, take your time to make it good! Priority #1: Quality!
     
  2. frogboy

    frogboy lacking both style and grace

    Member
    2,377
    1,416
    Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    That's pretty much what they just said in their latest update.
     
    Sonicx64 and manlego like this.
  3. Errorjack

    Errorjack GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    222
    50
    May 23, 2010
    United States
    Well they already finished it, the reason it's taking so long is adding lower firmware support. So please, hurry up Gateway, we waiting.
     
  4. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    OP

    Xx3DSHACKERxX Member

    Newcomer
    22
    14
    Dec 14, 2014
    Gambia, The
    What?! THEY HAVE ALREADY FINISHED IT???? AND THEY ARE NOT RELEASING IT BECAUSE ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FW 5.0-6.0? FUCK YOU GATEWAY :(
     
    MattKimura and tony_2018 like this.
  5. Shanester

    Shanester GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    104
    79
    Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    U.S.A.
    lol yeah they probably finished 9.X a couple days after the video was posted. The majority of this wait was spent including earlier firmwares.
     
  6. Errorjack

    Errorjack GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    222
    50
    May 23, 2010
    United States
    They finished up 9.2 to 7.0. They're working their way down to release it.
     
  7. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    OP

    Xx3DSHACKERxX Member

    Newcomer
    22
    14
    Dec 14, 2014
    Gambia, The
    This is really stupid.
     
  8. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    14,135
    9,478
    Sep 23, 2013
    then they will find a bug and work their way back up again :tpi:
     
  9. johnbus

    johnbus GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    236
    81
    Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    At least they are giving Sky3DS plenty of time to shine as the best card for 4.5+ firmwares.

    It means Gateway is humble enough that it doesn't need to compete with such cut-throat tactics. Slow and steady wins the race!
     
    SLiV3R and frogboy like this.
  10. Sparks43
    This message by Sparks43 has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 19, 2014.
    Dec 19, 2014
  11. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    This message by Xx3DSHACKERxX has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 19, 2014.
    Dec 19, 2014
  12. SqueezinPeaches

    SqueezinPeaches Newbie

    Newcomer
    1
    5
    Dec 19, 2014
    United States
    It's funny how you don't want them to rush their product yet are mad that they aren't rushing their product.
     
    MattKimura, frogboy, Zeffy and 2 others like this.
  13. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    OP

    Xx3DSHACKERxX Member

    Newcomer
    22
    14
    Dec 14, 2014
    Gambia, The
    But they've already FINISHED IT! Fuck Gateway
     
  14. PhoenixWrightX
    This message by PhoenixWrightX has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 19, 2014.
    Dec 19, 2014
  15. Xx3DSHACKERxX
    This message by Xx3DSHACKERxX has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 19, 2014.
    Dec 19, 2014
  16. Codename

    Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

    Member
    365
    85
    Feb 21, 2012
    Canada
    Nothing is ever finished. At least not 100%. There's some saying about how only 10% of the work is writing code, whereas the rest (90%) is bug-fixing. Would you rather have Gateway release the update and have it risk bricking many consoles due to bugs, or would you rather wait longer for a better, more stable update? If it really is true that Gateway is done adding support for the newer firmwares, then I'm sure that they're going to release the update before 2015. Have patience, unless you can do better.
     
    Zidapi likes this.
  17. Armadillo

    Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

    Member
    3,594
    1,556
    Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I want to get in on this.

    Fuck Valve, give me half-life 3.

    Am I doing it right :tpi:
     
    logg, LinkmstrYT, bowser and 4 others like this.
  18. SLiV3R

    SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

    Member
    2,202
    1,044
    Jan 9, 2006
    Ok. I have to try as well. Fuck Nintendo for not giving us free games...Uuhh.. yeah. ?? They should work on games for a couple of years for free. Why should we pay for that? Right?
     
  19. tony_2018
    This message by tony_2018 has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 19, 2014.
    Dec 19, 2014
  20. purupuru

    purupuru GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    188
    113
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    That's right! Nintendo should work on games for many years and give them away for free. They'll more than make up for it with amiibo sales
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.