Gaming Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never played an Ogre game so I've put Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis on my GBA flashcart to celebrate this release.

EDIT: Damn, it looks so much like FFTA that I now want to play FFTA again.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. But it's troublesome. Simply put, you have to decrypt your US save file and your EU save file, copy the data from your US save folder to your EU save folder, and then re-encrypt the EU save for it to work. It works for all region (JAP, US, EU) as long as it's the same game.

mrdrew_champloo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've heard it from both sides, but so far I'd say this game is harder than Final Fantasy Tactics. I might just be bad at it but I've already died or reset more than I did on all of FFT, and I'm still on Chapter 1. That being said, it's incredibly fun!

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
mrdrew_champloo said:
Well I've heard it from both sides, but so far I'd say this game is harder than Final Fantasy Tactics. I might just be bad at it but I've already died or reset more than I did on all of FFT, and I'm still on Chapter 1. That being said, it's incredibly fun!

Eh...Well if its as have as fun as FFT then the difficulty wont bother me too much cause I found FFT WOL impossible, but I loved it....I even grow attachments to my little soldiers.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFT was just rage-inducingly hard at some points, atleast until you figured out how easily broken the game was.

Tactics Ogre so far for me (And i never played it before), seems to be more or less of a "You make a dumb decision, you lose half your units" type of hard.

On a side note, any word if the save happens to be compatable between regions? If not, what was the program mentioned earlier to convert it? (No one ever posted a name for it)

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think this game will be better than FFT A2 for DS? I love deep engrossing strategy/RPG, but I never completely understood A2 for some reason. There was just something broken about it which made advancement not make much sense.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tactics Ogre was always superior to Final Fantasy Tactics in every conceivable way. The original SNES game was just burdened by UI issues and it came first so there are balance and design flaws. They were fine for the time but obviously refined in the games that came later.

I'm loving this port and the improvements, but they didn't go nearly far enough. The fact that you select units and position them _before_ viewing the battlefield is still a major flaw. Crafting systems tend to be more awful and tedious than not, and this game certainly ranks on the tedious and awful side of the scale. One staff member with a DS and Dragon Quest IX might have observed how to implement it and make it not suck, but that didn't happen.

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a bit infuriating how every time there's a title for the PSP (That mostly sits on a shelf collecting dust except for remote play) that I have to do 3+ hours googling CFW and getting mixed results with this lame 635PRo (that just shuts my 2000v1 system down cold and doesn't do shit) - ultimately to still not be able to run a latest ISO...

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Elza said:
Note:
1. Download this file http://www.mediafire.com/?6blyihksdt66c6f
2. Extract and run "Tactics.Ogre.Let.us.Cling.Together.EUR.PSP-DUPLEX.exe".
3. Browse to your ISO file.
4. Hit Go! and wait for few secs.
5. Enjoy the game on whatever CFW you are

Tested on 5.50 Gen D

Credits to FunTimePSP
Boom, reading the thread causes you to stop whining about having to search for stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...