Tactics Arena DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by matrix121391, Sep 5, 2008.

1. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    Hey there! It's me again! The same guy who tried to pitch the Hitman (Agent 47) and Survival Project DS idea. As of right now, I thought of another idea after reading about Final Fantasy Tactics. When I was younger, there was a game my friends and I would all play called Tactics Arena Online. Basically, it's a dumbed down version of Final Fantasy Tactics. There are no changes in the terrain, just a flat out chess board. You have your mages, warriors, clerics, monsters, and what not. I was hoping that someone could remake it for the DS and include WiFi play. Maybe I should pitch the idea to the original owners of Tactics Arena, but I doubt they'd do it, so I turn to you guys. For those of you who are not familar with the game, here's the link: http://www.tacticsarena.com/play/. Give a try and tell me if it's possible to be remade/ported to the DS with it being a browser game and all.

2. Tapper

Tapper Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Alright. Here's the deal.

First off - No matter how good the idea? You're going to have a terrible time finding anybody to do it.

Anybody who CAN develop for the DS, and who wants to, is already working on their own projects.

Also, you can only 'port' a piece of software if you have the original source. Which I assure you, they won't be interested in releasing.

That being said? I think it's a good idea. There's no reason the DS couldn't handle the game, the liblobby library provides support for adhoc multiplayer between two handhelds, and it's a good game.

3. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    Well I'm just throwing the idea out there for the next homebrew contest in case anyone wants an idea.

4. kikuchiyo

kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

Jan 6, 2004
    United States
    USA
    matrix121391:
    Make me a pie.

I'm just throwing it out there, for the next time you're in the kitchen.

5. Shardnax

Shardnax GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2008
    United States
    Well, Tapper is partially right. The real issue is that Seed is busy with "life" last I checked. Also, off the subject FF Tactics blows.