T-Flash not being detected?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by grimeyes, Sep 6, 2008.

Sep 6, 2008

T-Flash not being detected? by grimeyes at 8:00 PM (1,104 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. grimeyes
    OP

Newcomer grimeyes Member

Philippines
    I just bought an edge and it came with a t-flash adapter for the sd card, but whenever I plug it in its not being detected by the computer? Any of you guys know why?

Some info:
    - everything is updated
    - SD card is working

BTW, is a third of the SD card really supposed to be sticking out like that when plugged to T-Flash? I've tried pushing it more gently, but Im afraid I might break it. Is it supposed to go all the way in?

Advanced Thanks for the help.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Not supposed to go all the way in (or else you would not be able to take it out), but the only plausible explanation here is that you didn't push it in far enough.

And if your computer has a built-in multimedia reader, use the SD adapter with that instead of the USB reader.

3. grimeyes
    OP

Newcomer grimeyes Member

Philippines
    Ok, I've tried pushing it as much as it can go and nothing is still happening. Could the t-flash be defective?

4. DeMoN

United States
    What color is the Transflash adapter? Is it silver with a black cap? Are there any lights and do they come on when you plug it in the USB drive?

5. grimeyes
    OP

Newcomer grimeyes Member

Philippines
    Its transparent black both on the body and cap. No light is flashing which is exactly why Im suspecting something is wrong with it.

6. DeMoN

United States
    I assume you mean the same one as in this review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74099

Never heard anything about that reader in particular but it doesn't seem to have a light at all. However, lots of the older Transflash readers are faulty and that one looks pretty cheap the me. Just buy a new USB reader or find some other way to connect the MicroSD (cell phone, camera).